PDA

View Full Version : Is it Bad Morals, or a new Trend....

Fotbol
07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
LaBron James and Tom Brady both not married, both fathers, or about to be Father ,but Labron James is looked upon on as a bad person while Tom Brady is look upon as the good guy!
Bad Morals or the New Trend!

Emerson1
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
I didn't know Lebron was looked upon as a bad guy.

carter08
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

He's not.

Someone just wants to get an arguement going.

kaorder1999
Originally posted by Fotbol
LaBron James and Tom Brady both not married, both fathers, or about to be Father ,but Labron James is looked upon on as a bad person while Tom Brady is look upon as the good guy!

who has looked upon Lebron as a bad guy?

Ranger Mom

I didn't either actually!!:thinking:

Fotbol
07-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Not looking for an argument just asked a question, I heard a News guy say LaBron is about to have his second child, bye a woman he isn't married to, and he would in fact play a game, instead of witnessing the birth of his second child! Tom Brady told the news guy that his private life wouldn't be discussed, so the Question was BAD Morals or New Trend, NOT Argument fellas.

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-18-2007, 03:51 PM
I know what point is trying to be made here.

Fotbol
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
and what point is that sir?

Emerson1
07-18-2007, 03:54 PM
You are trying to make it sound like the entire country is making Lebron out to be a bad guy just because he is black and has a few kids.

Fotbol
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
You are trying to make it sound like the entire country is making Lebron out to be a bad guy just because he is black and has a few kids. The question is for Tom and Labron is it Bad Morals or New Trend? Not Black or White but thanks for being aware of the World views!

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-18-2007, 03:59 PM
One that is made on here alot. It's not a new trend, people have had children out of wedlock since the dawn of civilization. Is it more socially excepted than it was? Probably, I mean to say that people aren't thrown out of villages or given a Scarlet Letter to wear. Now to the point of people praising Tom Brady and chastising LeBron, that's a cultural issue. I'll be the first to admit that there is a bias in the media that is race related in some instances, for someone to praise Tom and bash LeBron in the same breath would have to be for no other reason than race. However I don't think that happened, LeBron may have been bashed by someone and Tom praised by someone completely different. I think part of why LeBron was bashed is because he said he was going to be there for his team and not his "baby's momma", that is where the issue of character comes in.

pirate4state
07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Not looking for an argument just asked a question, I heard a News guy say LaBron is about to have his second child, bye a woman he isn't married to, and he would in fact play a game, instead of witnessing the birth of his second child! Tom Brady told the news guy that his private life wouldn't be discussed, so the Question was BAD Morals or New Trend, NOT Argument fellas.

Maybe you should of has started this thread with this post instead of the other.

Personally, neither is a bad person - IMO. What they do in their private life is their business. I can guarantee that some people think they are being immoral by fathering children out of wedlock and it is their right to think so. In the end, who really cares as long as the children are loved & well cared for?

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 04:02 PM

not a new trend... not really bad morals, just a sign of the times I guess...

I've heard atleast two media people slam Brady about his personal life, so it's not just Lebron (who I've not heard of anyone slamming his personal life... most-likely if one does so it is to make a name for themselves by bashing "The King")...

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
One that is made on here alot. It's not a new trend, people have had children out of wedlock since the dawn of civilization. Is it more socially excepted than it was? Probably, I mean to say that people aren't thrown out of villages or given a Scarlet Letter to wear. Now to the point of people praising Tom Brady and chastising LeBron, that's a cultural issue. I'll be the first to admit that there is a bias in the media that is race related in some instances, for someone to praise Tom and bash LeBron in the same breath would have to be for no other reason than race. However I don't think that happened, LeBron may have been bashed by someone and Tom praised by someone completely different. I think part of why LeBron was bashed is because he said he was going to be there for his team and not his "baby's momma", that is where the issue of character comes in.

interesting point, but Tom has been bashed... Radio, Entertainment Joked about it, the guys from PTI and Around the Horn have gone off about it... in sports anything is a story, and a lot of the time people are gunna blow-up things way up just to get that story...

Tom Brady, though a great QB and someone everyone knows, is NO Lebron James when it comes to popularity... Lebron James has been "made" into the best basketball player of all time... let's face it, he's not even the best basketball player TODAY... when you have that many expectations, and when people call you "King James" you're gunna get everyone's attention, and one of those guys/gals is just sittin' there waiting to get their name out there by going against "The King"...

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 04:11 PM
To tell you the truth...I knew that Tom Brady was having a kid out of wedlock....I never knew Lebron James had ANY kids!!

jason
07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
the only reason this is an issue is because nba players are notorious for having multiple children in different cities...

the league has become prominently 'hip hop' and with that stigma comes well deserved criticism....

2 examples:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/1998/weekly/980504/insidelook.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1168508&type=columnist

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 12:03 AM

it is anew trend.

i think i saw in newsweek...that almost 40% of kids are born to unwed mom's.

fireman1
07-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by jason
the only reason this is an issue is because nba players are notorious for having multiple children in different cities...

the league has become prominently 'hip hop' and with that stigma comes well deserved criticism....

well deserved criticism? just because the league has become prominently 'hip hop' I dont get it..

coach
07-19-2007, 12:57 AM
you aslo have to remember how plp were getting mad at brady when they found out bc for a while we didnt know which girl he knocked up

3afan
07-19-2007, 05:54 AM
its not a new trend - just more in the news these days

Fotbol
07-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
it is anew trend.

i think i saw in newsweek...that almost 40% of kids are born to unwed mom's.
First post to answer the question, thank you! That's what I wanted to know.

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 07:57 AM

i always knew i was an over achiever :)

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 08:33 AM

4 Out of 10 U.S. Births Out of Wedlock

Out-of-wedlock births in the United States have climbed to an all-time high, accounting for nearly four in 10 babies born last year, government health officials said Tuesday.

While out-of-wedlock births have long been associated with teen mothers, the birth rate among girls ages 10 to 17 actually dropped last year to the lowest level on record. Instead, births among unwed mothers rose most dramatically among women in their 20s.

Experts said the overall rise reflects the burgeoning number of people who are putting off marriage or living together without getting married. They said it also reflects the fact that having a child out of wedlock is more acceptable nowadays and not necessarily the source of shame it once was.

The increase in births to unwed mothers was seen in all racial groups, but rose most sharply among Hispanics. It was up among all age groups except youngsters ages 10 to 17.

Pudlugger
07-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
4 Out of 10 U.S. Births Out of Wedlock

Out-of-wedlock births in the United States have climbed to an all-time high, accounting for nearly four in 10 babies born last year, government health officials said Tuesday.

While out-of-wedlock births have long been associated with teen mothers, the birth rate among girls ages 10 to 17 actually dropped last year to the lowest level on record. Instead, births among unwed mothers rose most dramatically among women in their 20s.

Experts said the overall rise reflects the burgeoning number of people who are putting off marriage or living together without getting married. They said it also reflects the fact that having a child out of wedlock is more acceptable nowadays and not necessarily the source of shame it once was.

The increase in births to unwed mothers was seen in all racial groups, but rose most sharply among Hispanics. It was up among all age groups except youngsters ages 10 to 17.

I hold that it is both a trend and a sign of low morals. Just because there is a post modern ethic to not judge people and that shame has become quaint does not make this a good thing. Children should be raised in a home with two parents when at all possible and protected by a family ethic that in effect binds the parents to the welfare of the children and each other. That is the purpose of marriage. It not only establishes a covenant between God and the couple, but it is a legal contract protecting the rights of the spouse and children. It promotes perpetuation of the culture and protects both the children and spouse. To abandon marriage, and proceed with fathering children weakens the cultural fabric and erodes the foundation of society, which is the family unit. Proceed with caution as this is a very bad trend and a sign that our society is in deep trouble...post modernism is a pernicious force that should be resisted at every turn. Shame has an important function in societies, it establishes boundaries and enforces conventions or morals. If anything goes than everything goes.