PDA

View Full Version : If anyone ever thinks they may...

lepfan
07-18-2007, 02:54 PM
...want to move to Kansas...............DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are going to suck every last dime out of me before I get out of here! I think after I get everything settled I may send the Kansas Department of Revenue and Governor Sebelius a note telling them to kiss my @$$!!!!

Do I sound frustrated and aggitated? WELL I AM!!!!!!!!!

This has been a learning experience--I don't know that I will ever step foot in this state when I leave!! It might be worth it to drive 200 miles out of my way to avoid this hell hole!

Sorry, I just had to vent a little!

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Tell us how you really feel!!:eek: :eek:

How much longer do you have to be there before you are gone for good??

Fotbol
07-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Damn, and just think I was going to Kansas for Vacation!:D

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Damn, and just think I was going to Kansas for Vacation!:D

On purpose????:eek:

44INAROW
07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
On purpose????:eek:

lol.............

Snyder_TigerFan
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the reassurance in my decision. My employer would love for me to move there, but thankfully, I have the opportunity to reside and work in Texas. So, I'm going to as long as I can.:)

I know that Kansas has a state income tax. What else sucks about it? Isn't the car registration like $200+ per year?

carter08
07-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I want to go to Lawrence, Kansas one year in June for Wakarusa

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Wow.....I guess people really DO hate Kansas!!:eek: :eek:

A Petiton (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/nukekansas)

JasperDog94
07-18-2007, 04:40 PM

A Petiton (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/nukekansas) That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!!

lepfan
07-18-2007, 04:56 PM

A Petiton (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/nukekansas) OMG!!!!!! That is hilarious!

Kansas has a personal property tax...that means each year you have to pay taxes on all your stuff...4 wheelers, scooters, lawn equipment, etc. etc.

When we moved here it was going to cost like $400 to tag our pick up and all your vehicle's tags are due in the same month...so in February we would have to come up with over $800 to tag all our vehicles-- only like $150 (for all of them) in Texas. Soooo....we have every vehicle we own tagged in Oklahoma. I own property down there and use my address there. My property taxes are the same as they were in Texas...I had a brand new custom built home in Texas -- here I have a 40 yo home (same size). They do have a state income tax (no problem...other states do as well) but, their tax base is out of this world.

I don't know that I have made myself clear on my hatred for the state of Kansas...or have I? LOL

STF---If your boss ever insists you move to Kansas you have a couple of choices---RUNNNNNN and find another job or you can make them pay your taxes for you...that would be a significant bonus! Just wondering...what part of Kansas would your boss 'love' for you to work?

RM - I leave Sunday to go to LA and get the pickup...I will come back up and load the 'big' dog and a few supplies for our extended camping trip and will not return until we sell our house. I told my hubby I was gonna kiss the ground just after leaving Kansas and then turn around and give them a double fisted 'bird shot'!!!

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
OMG!!!!!! That is hilarious!

yah, until they nuke it while you're still a citizen :eek:

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 05:38 PM
and I just signed the petition you better hurry up and move jilly willy...

piratebg
07-18-2007, 06:54 PM

A Petiton (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/nukekansas)

OMG that is too funny :D

lepfan
07-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
and I just signed the petition you better hurry up and move jilly willy... jilly is putting on her beer goggles and heading OUT!!!! :)

(it's gonna be a full moon when I reach the OK/KS line!)

luvhoops34
07-18-2007, 08:46 PM
I can honestly say that the state of Kanas is one place I have never wanted to visit.:D

lepfan
07-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I can honestly say that the state of Kanas is one place I have never wanted to visit.:D You are a wise one!!!!