PDA

View Full Version : RE: Pitbull Bans in States...

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2007, 01:36 PM
http://a368.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/47/l_64a6c19a960d171502c1cd39e070ad2f.jpg

kaorder1999
07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
3? yeah...i bet

Bandera YaYa
07-18-2007, 01:45 PM
3 is NOT nearly correct, tho.
But it's the dog owners that should be banned.......

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 01:53 PM
I know this is pretty much justa joke, but I'll go along wit it...

cigs - I smoke and maybe it should be banned, who knows, but the reason it's not is because it is a very big money maker, economy might go down the crapper if cigs were banned... also we'd have more people in jails because the people who smoke would be getting them just like people get illegal substances...

automobiles - #1 how many lives are saved by automobiles (ambulances, going to get cancer treatment etc...) and how many of us are able to live because of automobiles (ban automobiles, and some guy in Britain is filming a documentary on the starving tribes in America)?... more than are killed by them...

2nd hand smoke - if you ban cigs you don't need this one on the list first off... second, don't go into a home or don't go out to eat where smoking is allowed... banning it in public places people actually NEED to go should be done (and how do we KNOW someone has been killed by second hand smoke? couldn't see through all of the smoke in the bar and fell temple-of-the-eye first into the corner of a table?)

Guns - Over my dead body... if some goof goes crazy with an illegal gun, I want to be able to turn their heads into a canoe before more innocent lives area taking... guns in the wrong hands do horrible things, but they do great things in the name of what's right... but we've all had this arguement before

Pit Bulls - Shouldn't ban them I don't think, German Shepards turn on their people as well, hell they've turned on me once or twice... just keep the 3-man-a-year eater away from me...

don't ban any of 'em, but if you ban #1 you get more accomplished because #3 would go with it...

SintonFan_inAustin
07-18-2007, 01:55 PM
does the number of cats they have killed count? They should be banned!!

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
does the number of cats they have killed count? They should be banned!!

I bet automobiles kill more cats than dogs do!!

In a week period, my brother ran over 2 of his cats and killed one that was up in his engine!!:)

DU_stud04
07-18-2007, 04:08 PM
cats are worthless

big daddy russ
07-18-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm about to get a pit. I love them, but you have to socialize them with other dogs when they're growing up.

I've never been attacked by a pit unless:

A.) it was bred for fighting, or...
B.) it was protecting its owner.

DUKE22
07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm about to get a pit. I love them, but you have to socialize them with other dogs when they're growing up.

I've never been attacked by a pit unless:

A.) it was bred for fighting, or...
B.) it was protecting its owner. Do some of you not feel the pit bulls are the way they are because of genetics. I mean Border Collies will chase cows whether they are trained to do it. German Sheppards have a great sense of smell. I mean I just dont see alot of news stories about other dogs killing people.

kaorder1999
07-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Do some of you not feel the pit bulls are the way they are because of genetics. I mean Border Collies will chase cows whether they are trained to do it. German Sheppards have a great sense of smell. I mean I just dont see alot of news stories about other dogs killing people.
i agree with you...

g$$
07-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Why take the risk? If there is even a remote chance of a child or loved one or friend being mauled, why risk it? I don't get that logic & I love dogs. Pit bulls are inherently attack dogs & will turn on someone at some point. No thanks.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Pit bulls are useless and most guys get them to boost up their macho attitude because they don't have much else going for them. :mad:

dogdad
07-18-2007, 10:38 PM
amen brother

g$$
07-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Pit bulls are useless and most guys get them to boost up their macho attitude because they don't have much else going for them. :mad:

I have to agree. There are lots of breeds of dogs who pose little to no risk of attacking someone. Not worth the risk, thanks.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-18-2007, 10:41 PM

Actually, a lot of them do have other things going for them, but the point still remains...

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 10:44 PM

Ohhhhhh!!! When your "cousin" reads this....yall may not be family anymore!!!:p He is all into the pit bull!!

I read somewhere that pits are the 3rd in percentage of biting.

1. German Shephard
2. Rottwieler
3. Pit Bull
4. Chow

smustangs
07-18-2007, 10:46 PM
were is reggie he will attack this thread haha

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ohhhhhh!!! When your "cousin" reads this....yall may not be family anymore!!!:p He is all into the pit bull!!

1. German Shephard
2. Rottwieler
3. Pit Bull
4. Chow

I'm trying to cause controversy here and you're screwing it up! :mad:

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm trying to cause controversy here and you're screwing it up! :mad:

OOps.....sorry!!:blush:

Carry on!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-18-2007, 10:57 PM
OOps.....sorry!!:blush:

Carry on!!

:kiss:

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
German Sheppards have a great sense of smell.

the best drug dog in the history of the US was a pitbull....did you know that

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Pit bulls are hands down the strongest and most athletic dogs pound for pound....they are great family dogs (i have 5 pitbulls now and ALL are GREAT around my little nephews...i got a pit when i was 3 an had him until i was 18 and he never once attacked anybody or threatened any of us...the only times he would become aggressive is when a cow or bull would get too close to us and he'd get in between us and the cattle and growl trying to protect us...they are EXCELLENT cattle dogs and several police use them as drug sniffing dogs...many of them are on rescue teams as well....the ones that usually attack ppl had horrible owners or were inbred pits. dogs are like ppl and when inbred can cause 'retardation' in them and yes these tend to be more unstable in any breed. pitbulls have a better score on the temperament test than the "friendly" border collies...they are one of the only dogs known to actually smile and they show emotion in their facial expressions more than most any other dogs as well.....to me they are one of the most perfect breeds of dogs if you want one that is athletic and very playful...many dog experts consider them the "clowns" of the dog-world cuz they are so playful

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Why take the risk? If there is even a remote chance of a child or loved one or friend being mauled, why risk it? I don't get that logic & I love dogs. Pit bulls are inherently attack dogs & will turn on someone at some point. No thanks.

do i need to show you pictures of people mauled by other dogs????

anybody who is that afraid of pitbulls truly have ZERO knowledge of the breed.....more dog experts support and praise the breed than discount it

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Pit bulls are hands down the strongest and most athletic dogs pound for pound....they are great family dogs (i have 5 pitbulls now and ALL are GREAT around my little nephews...i got a pit when i was 3 an had him until i was 18 and he never once attacked anybody or threatened any of us...the only times he would become aggressive is when a cow or bull would get too close to us and he'd get in between us and the cattle and growl trying to protect us...they are EXCELLENT cattle dogs and several police use them as drug sniffing dogs...many of them are on rescue teams as well....the ones that usually attack ppl had horrible owners or were inbred pits. dogs are like ppl and when inbred can cause 'retardation' in them and yes these tend to be more unstable in any breed. pitbulls have a better score on the temperament test than the "friendly" border collies...they are one of the only dogs known to actually smile and they show emotion in their facial expressions more than most any other dogs as well.....to me they are one of the most perfect breeds of dogs if you want one that is athletic and very playful...many dog experts consider them the "clowns" of the dog-world cuz they are so playful

Reggie to the rescue. I was hoping you would reply to this thread. I have owned pit bulls and raised catahoula's for hog dogs and working cattle. They are the best dogs, bar none, that I have ever owned. They are great with kids. A true family dog.
Never once did any of them threaten my family or anybody else. It's all in the blood lines you use and how you raise them. Yes, they are mean as hell to other dogs, and especially cats. LOL Any wild animal better give them a wide bearth. Sadly, I sold all of my dogs after my first husband passed away. I regret it to this day. Give me a leopard/pit cross any day over any other dog in the world.

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm

http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/americanpitbullterrier.html

read up ppl before you make ignorant posts about something you obviously know nothing about

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:33 PM
oh...and they can be nice o cats...the pit-bull i grew up with LOVED our cats...he would let them cuddle up with him and he pretty much protected them from wild cats...he LOVED cats, he was playful with our neighbors dogs but one time a pack of about 3-4 dogs came up and ganged up on them......he whooped every. last. one of them. my friends all loved him and you could tell he loved their attention as well

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 12:35 PM
oh...and they can be nice o cats...the pit-bull i grew up with LOVED our cats...he would let them cuddle up with him and he pretty much protected them from wild cats...he LOVED cats, he was playful with our neighbors dogs but one time a pack of about 3-4 dogs came up and ganged up on them......he whooped every. last. one of them. my friends all loved him and you could tell he loved their attention as well

My old dog Biscuiteater could have taken your dog any day of the week in his prime.

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:42 PM
My old dog Biscuiteater could have taken your dog any day of the week in his prime.

nahhhhh...i doubt it, but we'll never know

oh and everybody, here is a nice little link, it makes me just about cry each time i see it only cuz some of the dogs on it remind me of the pit i grew up with

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mmwaHMzgrKk

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
nahhhhh...i doubt it, but we'll never know

oh and everybody, here is a nice little link, it makes me just about cry each time i see it only cuz some of the dogs on it remind me of the pit i grew up with

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mmwaHMzgrKk

They probably wouldn't have fought anyways, awesome dogs tend to respect each other and get along just fine.

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
They probably wouldn't have fought anyways, awesome dogs tend to respect each other and get along just fine.

kinda like awesome guys, eh, cousin:cool: :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 12:47 PM

That's right, especially ones like you and me who are all about takin' it easy.

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 12:47 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into another gary/reggie self appreciation thread! LOL ;) :D ;)

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I hope this doesn't turn into another gary/reggie self appreciation thread! LOL ;) :D ;)

Oh lordy!!:doh:

rockdale80
07-19-2007, 12:49 PM

anybody who is that afraid of pitbulls truly have ZERO knowledge of the breed.....more dog experts support and praise the breed than discount it

I have two and they are awesome. If they do bite you, then you are probably somewhere you arent supposed to be. Its not that pit bulls bite more than any other dog, it is the damage that they are capable of inflicting as opposed to other dogs.

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Its not that pit bulls bite more than any other dog, it is the damage that they are capable of inflicting as opposed to other dogs.

exactly...dogs are like guns....anybody can be hurt by just about any dog, pits just happen to be the 50 caliber.....but i promise you people still get killed even by bb guns

mustang04
07-19-2007, 12:52 PM

i "appreciate" your jokes:D

rangerjoe33
07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't like them. I have three kids that like to be outside and I have two different neighbors that have more than one (actually 5 pit bulls live within three houses of mine). THey constantly get out and get in our garage if open, and scare my kids to death.

mustang04
07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$

do you drive a car???? why take the risk??? over 40,000 people die per year in an auto accident, why risk it? I don't get that logic and i love cars. Cars are inherently mechanical and electrical and combustible devices and can mess up at some point. No thanks.

Fotbol
07-19-2007, 01:11 PM
The Boudreaux Bloodline is the Best, just like Peetie on the Little Rascals, he was a good pitbull, never attack any of the kids and he had a ring around his eye!

AP Panther Fan
07-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I think some owners are much more responsible than others when it comes to pets of this nature. In the last two weeks, a lady in Corpus that works for the same company that I do, had both of her children attacked by pit bulls just out in their neighborhood. I can't remember what the little boys injuries were, but the little girl had to have over 30 stitches.

People like this don't deserve to have pets, period. I think pit bulls might be a much safer breed if raised on a ranch (like Reggie's). JMHO

Pudlugger
07-19-2007, 01:36 PM

1. German Shephard
2. Rottwieler
3. Pit Bull
4. Chow

A plastic surgeon colleague of mine told me about a patient of his, a lawyer. He came home from the office and bent down to kiss his Rottwieler who proceeded to bite off his lips! Imagine an attorney making his closing arguments to a jury with no lips LOL! The really sad thing was he had no one to sue but himself LOL. Ahh, shadenfreud!

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
A plastic surgeon colleague of mine told me about a patient of his, a lawyer. He came home from the office and bent down to kiss his Rottwieler who proceeded to bite off his lips! Imagine an attorney making his closing arguments to a jury with no lips LOL! The really sad thing was he had no one to sue but himself LOL. Ahh, shadenfreud!

For some reason that "Love my Lips" song from Dave and the Giant Pickle just came to mind!!:D

SWMustang
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Ahh, shadenfreud!

taking joy in someone's misery? Kind of appropriate that it's a German word :thinking:

Pudlugger
07-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I don't like them. I have three kids that like to be outside and I have two different neighbors that have more than one (actually 5 pit bulls live within three houses of mine). THey constantly get out and get in our garage if open, and scare my kids to death.
Sounds like you have some rough neighbors. I bet the property values are negatively impacted by these dogs. I would be worried too if I were you.

If you own a pit bull you probably don't own home owner's insurance or an umbrella policy as most underwriter's avoid the risk. Another reason not to own one as you are assuming a huge liability. Unfortunately, irresponsible people tend to own them and have little concern about lawsuits as they have few assets to protect.

mustang04
07-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Sounds like you have some rough neighbors. I bet the property values are negatively impacted by these dogs. I would be worried too if I were you.

If you own a pit bull you probably don't own home owner's insurance or an umbrella policy as most underwriter's avoid the risk. Another reason not to own one as you are assuming a huge liability. Unfortunately, irresponsible people tend to own them and have little concern about lawsuits as they have few assets to protect.

we have homeowners insurance........

mustang04
07-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
3? yeah...i bet

it really is only 3....

mustang04
07-19-2007, 03:19 PM
http://www.realpitbull.com/perspective.html

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM

Rottwielers and Chows are mean dogs. Talk about unpredictable.

mustang04
07-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Rottwielers and Chows are mean dogs. Talk about unpredictable.

what if Chihuahuas were as big as pit-bulls........that would be one scary SOB

DUKE22
07-19-2007, 03:27 PM
the best drug dog in the history of the US was a pitbull....did you know that Ok fine but when I watch cops I dont see pit bulls sniffing however I do see them getting taken away for attacking someone.

mustang04
07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Ok fine but when I watch cops I dont see pit bulls sniffing however I do see them getting taken away for attacking someone.

yeah because if 10 different dogs attacked 10 different ppl at the same time and the pit-bull was one of those...the media is gonna cover the pit first...they get a bad rap and the media doesnt help any

and i have seen pitbulls on COPS actually..and they were used by the cops

mustang04
07-19-2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-rescue-neville-bomb-dog.html

rangerjoe33
07-19-2007, 05:05 PM

I have one rough neighbor, but they are making the rest of us look bad.

I do not hate the breed of dog, raised and fed properly they are perfectly fine dogs.

I have some neighbors that moved in about 4 months ago and are without a doubt killing our property value. Our home was the 5th house built in our subdivision 4 yrs ago. My wife is wanting to move already.

In addition to their dogs they have managed to be cited for high weeds twice, and they have an old couch sitting on the side of their house under a pile of old bicycles. They cannot even use their driveway because all the crap they stacked in it.

The good thing...They are the only house in the neighborhood that looks like this.

I will try to put together a photo diary and keep it updated for you guys. You would laugh hysterically, and maybe have sympathy for me.

Sorry to rant but I just cannot stand them(people, not the dogs). I have called the city once every other week to report them for some kind of code violation.

Just out of curiosity, is your garage considered your home? I mean if one of their dogs cme into my garage could I legally shoot it dead?

AP Panther Fan
07-19-2007, 05:10 PM
....hahaha, I would love to see the photo scrapbook, but worry what these people might do if they see you taking pictures of their house. Is the city not doing anything? Are the rest of the neighbors calling too?

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
pictures, pictures we want pictures:D

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 05:48 PM
For some reason that "Love my Lips" song from Dave and the Giant Pickle just came to mind!!:D

VEGGIESTALES!

g$$
07-19-2007, 07:01 PM

Hey buddy - before you call people out you might want to take into account we are all entitled to our opinions. I never said pit bulls make up 100% of the maulings. I just said they are not for me & I prefer not to take that risk. To each his own...but I don't have to defend my opinion to you nor do I need pics. You sound awfully defensive about that breed of dog IMO.

g$$
07-19-2007, 07:08 PM
do you drive a car???? why take the risk??? over 40,000 people die per year in an auto accident, why risk it? I don't get that logic and i love cars. Cars are inherently mechanical and electrical and combustible devices and can mess up at some point. No thanks.

Nah dude, I hitch-hike every where I go in the 4th largest city in the country (Houston)...apples & oranges comparison. To each his own, but I prefer not to take the risk of owning a pit bull. No further need to debate this subject.

:doh:

Mot'r Boat'r
07-20-2007, 12:44 PM
cfb

rockdale80
07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$

all anyone did was point out the flaw in your argument. They are not inherently attack dogs. Dogs are like people. Some are bad and some are good. Some have volatile tempers and some do not. It is no different. But to say that one breed is the worst one is completely narrow minded. I think you assumption is absurd. Of course that is my opinion and I dont have to defend that to you either.

Ranger Mom
07-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You sound awfully defensive about that breed of dog IMO.

His family raises them and it's hard not to be defensive about something if you think someone has information that isn't correct.

I understand you have an opinion.....but Reggie is trying to get you to see the difference between fact and fiction, IMO!!

mustang04
07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Nah dude, I hitch-hike every where I go in the 4th largest city in the country (Houston)...apples & oranges comparison. To each his own, but I prefer not to take the risk of owning a pit bull. No further need to debate this subject.

:doh:

ok...you deciding not to ever own one is ok, and yes you are entitled to your opinion...but to say they are "inherently " dogs that attack...that in no logic is true...they were bred to be perfect fighters and defenders of their owners which they are.....theye were NEVER meant to ATTACK anybody....i promise you that i can take just about any dog in the world and in 2-3 weeks make them meaner than anything and ready to attack any person that comes close...ANY BREED

Ranger Mom
07-20-2007, 03:55 PM
i promise you that i can take just about any dog in the world and in 2-3 weeks make them meaner than anything and ready to attack any person that comes close...ANY BREED

I think my brother and sister-in-law did that with their 5 chihuahuas!! :eek: :eek:

g$$
07-20-2007, 06:08 PM
ok...you deciding not to ever own one is ok, and yes you are entitled to your opinion...but to say they are "inherently " dogs that attack...that in no logic is true...they were bred to be perfect fighters and defenders of their owners which they are.....theye were NEVER meant to ATTACK anybody....i promise you that i can take just about any dog in the world and in 2-3 weeks make them meaner than anything and ready to attack any person that comes close...ANY BREED

I have my opinion, & you have yours. That is cool by me. And I also know any dog can be bred & raised to be mean & vicious. It does seem that lots of people have had serious problems with pit bulls. The #s do not lie. I prefer not to take that risk.

Rockdale & Ranger Mom: I respect his opinion above, but I can have mine too. When children & innocent people have been attacked, then that is enough by me. I have read up on the subject too. Pits have been known to attack quite often - that is enough for me (yes breeding matters I realize). My opinion is not absurd if it is based in knowledge & not bias. Thanks.

g$$
07-20-2007, 06:12 PM
all anyone did was point out the flaw in your argument. They are not inherently attack dogs. Dogs are like people. Some are bad and some are good. Some have volatile tempers and some do not. It is no different. But to say that one breed is the worst one is completely narrow minded. I think you assumption is absurd. Of course that is my opinion and I dont have to defend that to you either.

I never said that pits were the worst breed. Find where I said those words...I think you putting words in my mouth is absurd too. I simply said pits were not for me, case closed. Maybe you are the narrow minded one since you have trouble reading!

Matthew328
07-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Pits are fine as long as you know their blood lines...Reggie is right pits that tend to "turn" on their owners are either inbred or have been abused.....IMO there is no meaner breed of dog than a chow...those suckers are MEAN!!!! LOL

My cousin owns a pit and his three year old son loves him..they've had him since the dog was six weeks old....that dog is scared of his own shadow.....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I never said that pits were the worst breed. Find where I said those words...I think you putting words in my mouth is absurd too. I simply said pits were not for me, case closed. Maybe you are the narrow minded one since you have trouble reading!

You said that they were natural bred attack dogs and would inherently maul someone. Rockdale80 never accused you of saying that pits were the worst breed, you just interpreted it that way because you have trouble reading, he was saying that in general....

burnet44
07-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
"turn" on their owners are either inbred

My cousin owns a pit and his three year old son loves him..they've had him since the dog was six weeks old....that dog is scared of his own shadow.....

1. we should learn from that
2. Ive seen too many like that

g$$
07-20-2007, 11:03 PM
You said that they were natural bred attack dogs and would inherently maul someone. Rockdale80 never accused you of saying that pits were the worst breed, you just interpreted it that way because you have trouble reading, he was saying that in general....

Hey fellow Aggie - I read just fine, always have too (wanna compare TAMU transcripts?). You just have it out for anyone who speaks negatively of pit bulls. I know what Rockdale80 said OK? I said pits are inherently attack dogs yes, but never did I say that they maul any & everyone. The #s speak for themselves IMO. You can own & raise 10,000 of them for all I care, but I choose to do otherwise.

This subject is tired & the constant back & forth is only worthless drivel. Maybe you should read a bit more closely before getting worked up - and then move on! I thought you were better than that anyway.

big daddy russ
07-21-2007, 12:11 AM

1. German Shephard
2. Rottwieler
3. Pit Bull
4. Chow
Amen, RM and Reg. It's sad that so many people watch the news and think they're getting the whole story. You'd never know that German Sheperd's are the 'worst' breed out there by what you see on TV and unfortunately, the hysteria breeds even more fear.

I've had several friends who've had pits and we've never had a problem with any of them. We'll mess with them and pretend like we're attacking their owners, but they always back down whenever their owner tells them to.

AP Panther Fan
07-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Geez, I think you should just agree to just disagree....there is no right or wrong.....only personal preference....so maybe you should just drop it....whatcha think.....you guys are friends without this "stuff".....:)

g$$
07-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Geez, I think you should just agree to just disagree....there is no right or wrong.....only personal preference....so maybe you should just drop it....whatcha think.....you guys are friends without this "stuff".....:)

OK by me. No big deal, just an opinion & I am sure when raised & bred right they are fine. Maybe I have just seen the worst.

I do agree German Shepherds & Chows are just flat mean. Always uneasy around both of them.

(My girlfriend has a 5.5 lb. Shihtzu & it can be mean as hell to strangers because it was a rescue dog. He's getting better & cute as they come.)

Ranger Mom
07-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
OK by me. No big deal, just an opinion & I am sure when raised & bred right they are fine. Maybe I have just seen the worst.

I do agree German Shepherds & Chows are just flat mean. Always uneasy around both of them.

(My girlfriend has a 5.5 lb. Shihtzu & it can be mean as hell to strangers because it was a rescue dog. He's getting better & cute as they come.)

Those Shihtzu's CAN be "nasty"!!:p :p

As for myself.....give me a good ole mutt anyday!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Hey fellow Aggie - I read just fine, always have too (wanna compare TAMU transcripts?). You just have it out for anyone who speaks negatively of pit bulls. I know what Rockdale80 said OK? I said pits are inherently attack dogs yes, but never did I say that they maul any & everyone. The #s speak for themselves IMO. You can own & raise 10,000 of them for all I care, but I choose to do otherwise.

This subject is tired & the constant back & forth is only worthless drivel. Maybe you should read a bit more closely before getting worked up - and then move on! I thought you were better than that anyway.

Why would I have it out for anyone who speaks negatively about pits? I hate the dogs and think they're worthless and will never own one. We can compare transcripts when I get my degree if you would like, but I could really care less unless you took the exact same classes as I did with the exact same professors, because the level of difficulty in each and every class is different and varies, so it would be rather pointless to compare...oh, apples and oranges since you like that comparison. Am I upset, no, I was just pointing out the obvious, you're the one who got your panties twisted up in a wad. If you went commando like me you wouldn't have that problem, thus why I'm always optimistic and happy. ;)

DaHop72
07-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Those Shihtzu's CAN be "nasty"!!:p :p

Now this is the breed I like.:thumbsup:

pirate4state
07-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Why would I have it out for anyone who speaks negatively about pits? I hate the dogs and think they're worthless and will never own one. We can compare transcripts when I get my degree if you would like, but I could really care less unless you took the exact same classes as I did with the exact same professors, because the level of difficulty in each and every class is different and varies, so it would be rather pointless to compare...oh, apples and oranges since you like that comparison. Am I upset, no, I was just pointing out the obvious, you're the one who got your panties twisted up in a wad. If you went commando like me you wouldn't have that problem, thus why I'm always optimistic and happy. ;)

TMI ~~~~ but it gave me a good laugh!!!

sinfan75
07-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Back in the early 80's there was 4 of us in the little town of St. Paul, Tx. that got pit bull pups that come from the same momma and daddy. Now the momma and daddy were raised strictly for hog huntin and they were damn good at what they trained to do. But all 4 of those pups were raised strictly as pets and nothing more. All of em were great dogs. My neighbors 2 year old grandson used to crawl all over my pit and she would just lick him in the face. Other than the cocker spaniel I had she was the most layed back dog I ever had. Now a doberman I wouldn't give you a penny for. That's one dog I just don't trust.

g$$
07-22-2007, 05:07 AM

You bet big boy. Whatever that meant anyway. You might want to concentrate on other things right now...like getting on the field after all of your hard work. Walk-ons get NOTHING given to them. Best of luck to you (& I mean that). And, my undergarments are just fine btw.

rockdale80
07-22-2007, 01:36 PM

I think you are worthless. How easily you are swayed by the negativity of the media. Next thing you know you will voting republican. Way to seek information on your own. Or just believe everything you hear on the news.

Gp83
07-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I was at this persons house a few weeks ago and they had a pitbull. Sweetest thing I ever saw and all she wanted to do was lick my face. But I was terrified to let her just knowing the damage a pitbull can do to ones face. But she truely was a sweetheart.

rockdale80
07-22-2007, 07:44 PM
ttt

Gobbla2001
07-22-2007, 07:45 PM
I was around a put last night... calm as it could be, just wanted some petting...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-22-2007, 10:33 PM
I think you are worthless. How easily you are swayed by the negativity of the media. Next thing you know you will voting republican. Way to seek information on your own. Or just believe everything you hear on the news.

Well, we're cut from the same cloth brother, so what does that say about you?

rockdale80
07-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, we're cut from the same cloth brother, so what does that say about you?

You can take two exact same pieces of cloth and make it into different things. I am saying that pitbulls get a bad rep because a few people took an initiative against them. There is nothing wrong with them as pets. Some people just believe everything they hear instead of finding out on their own. Do you think I would own them if they were vicious killing machines that some make them out to be? Mine have made great pets. True some are mean, but that is no different than with people. Some are good, and some are bad. Saying all pitbulls are worthless is no different than saying all black people are bad because one black guy commits a crime, or a mexican, or white guy. It is stereotyping a huge amount of things into one and holding them accountable for something they arent. I know you are smart enough to see that side of it atleast. Some others on this board may not be, but I expect more out of you.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2007, 10:38 AM
You can take two exact same pieces of cloth and make it into different things. I am saying that pitbulls get a bad rep because a few people took an initiative against them. There is nothing wrong with them as pets. Some people just believe everything they hear instead of finding out on their own. Do you think I would own them if they were vicious killing machines that some make them out to be? Mine have made great pets. True some are mean, but that is no different than with people. Some are good, and some are bad. Saying all pitbulls are worthless is no different than saying all black people are bad because one black guy commits a crime, or a mexican, or white guy. It is stereotyping a huge amount of things into one and holding them accountable for something they arent. I know you are smart enough to see that side of it atleast. Some others on this board may not be, but I expect more out of you.

It's just my personal opinion, and you're not going to change it with your ideals or facts. I don't like tomatoes, and you're not going to convince me that they're delicious and delectible and make me want to eat them. I think the dogs are worthless simply because I see me getting no worth out of them as pets. Some people love dogs and some people love cats, and some love both, it just depends on what they think. I also think cats are worhtless, not because they're dangerous, just because I really have no use of one. Does that mean that I'm narrowminded, naive, or stupid because I think that? I certainly don't think so, only that I know what I want and what I desire. You're right, I'm stereotyping a dog and all cats in general, but if you look at the big picture everyone is a hypocrite in their own respect, and that includes you, me, and everyone else on this board. I don't want a pitbull because of all of the stuff I've heard about them on the media or anything else, just because if I were going to get a dog it's going to be a dog that I find interesting and appealing, and I fully expect you or anyone else to do the same.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Sibling Rivalry????

luvhoops34
07-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Sibling Rivalry????

I can't imagine being in the same household with the two of them!:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I can't imagine being in the same household with the two of them!:D

There's actually four of us, and we all act like this. Dad keeps us under control, so that should tell you a lot about him right there. ;)

rockdale80
07-23-2007, 10:47 AM
It's just my personal opinion, and you're not going to change it with your ideals or facts. I don't like tomatoes, and you're not going to convince me that they're delicious and delectible and make me want to eat them. I think the dogs are worthless simply because I see me getting no worth out of them as pets. Some people love dogs and some people love cats, and some love both, it just depends on what they think. I also think cats are worhtless, not because they're dangerous, just because I really have no use of one. Does that mean that I'm narrowminded, naive, or stupid because I think that? I certainly don't think so, only that I know what I want and what I desire. You're right, I'm stereotyping a dog and all cats in general, but if you look at the big picture everyone is a hypocrite in their own respect, and that includes you, me, and everyone else on this board. I don't want a pitbull because of all of the stuff I've heard about them on the media or anything else, just because if I were going to get a dog it's going to be a dog that I find interesting and appealing, and I fully expect you or anyone else to do the same.

I never said you should go and get one. Just saying that anytime you start stereotyping things like that it is a slippery slope. These laws they are making against them are no different than laws that strip people of their civil rights. The media has been a pioneer in this movement and I think it is bogus. The last thing I need is the government telling me what kind of dog I can own in my back yard. I do think that your thought that they are oh so dangerous and worthless because of that does make you a little bit ignorant. Not because I think you are dumb, but because you arent fully informed. Come over sometime and spend any amount of time with my dogs. They are very well trained and disciplined. And you can spend 5 minutes with them and know that they would never do anything but protect me. Its all in the dog. Each one is different regardless of the breed.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
There's actually four of us, and we all act like this. Dad keeps us under control, so that should tell you a lot about him right there. ;)

Oh dear!!

I see there is a "rebuttal" on it's way right now!!:eek:

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I wonder if this is a debate they have at home too or if they reserved it especially for us? :thinking: :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I never said you should go and get one. Just saying that anytime you start stereotyping things like that it is a slippery slope. These laws they are making against them are no different than laws that strip people of their civil rights. The media has been a pioneer in this movement and I think it is bogus. The last thing I need is the government telling me what kind of dog I can own in my back yard. I do think that your thought that they are oh so dangerous and worthless because of that does make you a little bit ignorant. Not because I think you are dumb, but because you arent fully informed. Come over sometime and spend any amount of time with my dogs. They are very well trained and disciplined. And you can spend 5 minutes with them and know that they would never do anything but protect me. Its all in the dog. Each one is different regardless of the breed.

I never said that we should make laws against any dog. I personally think it's stupid to try to charge animal owners for what their pets do when they aren't at home. Trying to hold someone accountable for the actions is negligent and stupid, and you of all people should know how I feel about the usurping of individual rights and freedoms. I never said that they were dangerous, I said that they were worthless to me. If everything that were dangerous in life were to be taken away, there would be no sports, vehicles, or medicine that has negative side-effects just to name a few. Everything nowadays has to be too politically correct and everything has to meet unrealistic standards. I'm not ignorant, I just have my own biased opinion about something and I'm not afraid to admit that. You're interpreting that I am fearful of the powerful tendencies of the dog, but I could really care less, I just don't want one, I want another Biscuiteater, or a Hank, or an Oscar. Those are the types of dogs that I want to have and you know why and how they were and are a part of the family. That's my opinion, I think there those type of dogs have more to offer than a pitbull does and I'm just looking for something with a little more than what a pitbull can give me. Does that make me naive or ignorant or stupid? I think not.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh dear!!

I see there is a "rebuttal" on it's way right now!!:eek:

:devil:

rockdale80
07-23-2007, 10:59 AM
I never said that we should make laws against any dog. I personally think it's stupid to try to charge animal owners for what their pets do when they aren't at home. Trying to hold someone accountable for the actions is negligent and stupid, and you of all people should know how I feel about the usurping of individual rights and freedoms. I never said that they were dangerous, I said that they were worthless to me. If everything that were dangerous in life were to be taken away, there would be no sports, vehicles, or medicine that has negative side-effects just to name a few. Everything nowadays has to be too politically correct and everything has to meet unrealistic standards. I'm not ignorant, I just have my own biased opinion about something and I'm not afraid to admit that. You're interpreting that I am fearful of the powerful tendencies of the dog, but I could really care less, I just don't want one, I want another Biscuiteater, or a Hank, or an Oscar. Those are the types of dogs that I want to have and you know why and how they were and are a part of the family. That's my opinion, I think there those type of dogs have more to offer than a pitbull does and I'm just looking for something with a little more than what a pitbull can give me. Does that make me naive or ignorant or stupid? I think not.

I think so....So do you want a spinning pile drive or a roundhouse kick to the face?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2007, 11:00 AM
I think so....So do you want a spinning pile drive or a roundhouse kick to the face?

Yeah, go ahead and try, then that pitbull of yours is going to have to protect you.

rockdale80
07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah, go ahead and try, then that pitbull of yours is going to have to protect you.

Yawn...use your big boy voice when you talk to me.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Yawn...use your big boy voice when you talk to me. :hairpunk:

rangerjoe33
07-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Well, my neighbors two pit bulls got out again over the weekend. The smaller one, hit the dog food in my garage, tried to run him out there but he's stubborn, had to pop him with the broomstick (no I did not hurt him). Man that dog stinks, he was i the garage for two minutes or less but the odor stayed for 5 minutes.

The larger black one intimidates me stares me down and will not move when I tell him to "Git!!" or raise anything towards him. I will not hit him with a stick for fear of him coming back at me, so I popped him with the BB gun in the rump. I didn't pump it but three or four times. Freakin neighbors, keep you dogs in the yard.

Pictures tomorrow of the house and neighborhood, I promise.

rangerjoe33
07-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Interesting link:
http://www.freewebs.com/badbreedersusa/citybans.html

I was searching for info on a ban that existed a while back regarding Chows. It show on this page Terrell, TX has a ban, not sure what breed.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Interesting link:
http://www.freewebs.com/badbreedersusa/citybans.html

I was searching for info on a ban that existed a while back regarding Chows. It show on this page Terrell, TX has a ban, not sure what breed.

Another interesting site:

http://www.4pawssalon.com/bsl.php

It looks like Nebraska is the only state that doesn't have at least some kind of ban in place!