PDA

View Full Version : Where to go

ftballplaya_05
11-16-2003, 10:46 AM
It's our decision where to play. Last year we played "in your back yard" (Round rock) and how far was that travel for us its yall turn to travel this year. its going to be a good game till the finish and if you think Wharton is going to be easy just watch

jason
11-16-2003, 11:29 AM
ftballplaya_05:
It's our decision where to play. Last year we played "in your back yard" (Round rock) and how far was that travel for us its yall turn to travel this year. its going to be a good game till the finish and if you think Wharton is going to be easy just watchits not yalls decision...it doesnt quite work like regular season games...id bet money that last year when they decided that shipley said, lets play here and next year, y'all choose...i bet he was tryin to get closer to burnet, they couldnt agree and they flipped for home/home...

sinton66
11-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Usually, it does work that way, jason. IF they flip for home/home, it usually carries a condition that the loser gets "home" if they meet again the following year. At least that's how most of them do it. Had Sinton faced Hondo in rd 1 as we thought we would, it would have been played in their backyard since we played in Corpus Christi last year.

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

jason
11-16-2003, 11:52 AM
sinton66:
Usually, it does work that way, jason. IF they flip for home/home, it usually carries a condition that the loser gets "home" if they meet again the following year. At least that's how most of them do it. Had Sinton faced Hondo in rd 1 as we thought we would, it would have been played in their backyard since we played in Corpus Christi last year.hmm....ive never heard of that for the playoffs...too much chance of not meeting the next year...

sinton66
11-16-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm not saying it's a hard and set rule, just that I've seen it done a lot. It's not uncommon at all.