PDA

View Full Version : Wireless internet problem.....help? nf

sectionCwannabe
07-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I have Clearwire wireless internet, My connection speed has been low over the last month, I called Clearwire about 3 weeks ago and they said it looks good on their end and my modem is working perfectly. The connection is good during the day and bad at night. well i noticed that my new neighbors that live across the street have a laptop and use it on the porch at night. I started thinking if he could access my internet connection. So i call clearwire back and ask if that was possible and they said yes. so i had my dad bring his laptop over to test and see if he could. Well his internet connected up.

Ok so what do i do. this guy is using up my bandwith that i pay for and he is using it for free. and also i wonder if since it is my service if he is using my IP adress? There isnt any telling what sites he visits, that kinda of scares me..... any ideas?

LH Panther Mom
07-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Uhm, I might not be any help, but is there a "key code" to your router?

sectionCwannabe
07-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Uhm, I might not be any help, but is there a "key code" to your router?

dont have one, they told me if i bought one i could close it.... My friend told me to buy a bb gun.........:clap: i kinda like the idea.

Emerson1
07-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I think it's illegal for him to do that.

Fal44
07-18-2007, 12:46 AM
call the cops :)

Blastoderm55
07-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Password protect your LAN.

Gsquared
07-18-2007, 07:37 AM
I agree, make your network secured. I jacked a signal off my neighbor before but once I got my wireless router I secured my network.

jason
07-18-2007, 08:06 AM
when you think they're on, find them on your network and drop a virus on the hard drive....

THEN secure it with a passcode...

using your wireless without your permission is considered theft of service...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-18-2007, 08:09 AM
I would confront them about it, but that's just me.

3afan
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by jason
when you think they're on, find them on your network and drop a virus on the hard drive....

THEN secure it with a passcode...

using your wireless without your permission is considered theft of service...

isn't "drop(ping) a virus on the hard drive" also illegal? :thinking:

jason
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
isn't "drop(ping) a virus on the hard drive" also illegal? :thinking: dont see why...if it is legal for you to shoot at somebody trespassing on your property, isnt this pretty much the same thing...except a virus hurts a lot less than being shot...