PDA

View Full Version : I humbly ask for prayers for my Mother...

SintonFan
07-17-2007, 10:14 PM
My Mother Linda is in the hospital and her situation is not looking good. Please say a prayer for her to make a full recovery from her illnesses. She was admitted last Wednesday at Spohn Shoreline with a high fever, a non-healing leg infection and some other problems. Since she was admitted, she has found out she has a systemic staph infection of the blood. This can often be terminal and she is not responding very well to the "cocktail" of antibiotics she has been receiving intravenously. She is not lucid most of the time and is in the poorest of spirits. I am gonna see her this weekend but I can not see her until then. I very much would like to see her and give her some love and encouragement Friday night, but I'm afraid her health is becoming desperately fragile. Please take a moment or two to say a prayer for someone who so desperately needs every bit of support she can possibly get.

Sincerely,
SintonFan
Daniel

luvhoops34
07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Prayers for you and your mom from me.

piratebg
07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Thoughts and prayers

CHS_CG
07-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I am so sorry Daniel. I hope that your mother can make a recovery. Stay strong and remember your downlow family is here for you

AP Panther Fan
07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Daniel, you and your family are in my thoughts....I hope only the best for each of you...positive thoughts for your mom from Aransas Pass.

Come home asap...ummmkay?;)

BreckTxLonghorn
Prayers from Austin. Thoughts are with you as well.

DaHop72
My prayers are with you D.

kaorder1999
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
prayers from crandall

dogdad
07-17-2007, 10:25 PM
our prayers from royse city

our moms are so precious to us all

Fish's mom
07-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Prayers from Ingleside May God Bless you and get ya'll through this.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-17-2007, 10:28 PM
You got it man. I have faith that she'll pull through it.

pirate4state
07-17-2007, 10:32 PM
:( Daniel I'm sorry to hear this. I'll send out a little "shout out" for a speedy & full recovery. You have my # if there is anything you need, let me know.

LH Panther Mom
07-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear this D. I'll be praying for her recovery and for you and the rest of the family.

bobcat1
07-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Daniel, I will say a prayer right now and petition God to heal your Mom frm staff and improve her spirits. I will also pray for strength for her, you and the rest of the family.

Ingleside Fan
07-18-2007, 05:32 AM
My Prayers and Thoughts for your Mother and You.

zebrablue2
07-18-2007, 07:44 AM
prayers have been sent.

SINTON81
07-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Prayers being sent.

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Prayers from Greenwood.

Keep us informed Daniel.

Bandera YaYa
07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Prayers from Bandera....hang in there, I hope she gets better real soon.

44INAROW
07-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I am so sorry you're mom is so ill Daniel. I hope and pray she makes a full recovery........ Please keep us posted :(

DDBooger
07-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
My Mother Linda is in the hospital and her situation is not looking good. Please say a prayer for her to make a full recovery from her illnesses. She was admitted last Wednesday at Spohn Shoreline with a high fever, a non-healing leg infection and some other problems. Since she was admitted, she has found out she has a systemic staph infection of the blood. This can often be terminal and she is not responding very well to the "cocktail" of antibiotics she has been receiving intravenously. She is not lucid most of the time and is in the poorest of spirits. I am gonna see her this weekend but I can not see her until then. I very much would like to see her and give her some love and encouragement Friday night, but I'm afraid her health is becoming desperately fragile. Please take a moment or two to say a prayer for someone who so desperately needs every bit of support she can possibly get.

Sincerely,
SintonFan
Daniel in my thoughts SF, keep us updated

SWMustang
07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
prayers from Tomball

txkmom
07-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Prayers for you and your mother.

My mother is 84, and in good health for her age. She has struggled mightily with some major health issues over the years, though, and I value the times we can spend together. She still lives in Louisiana, but not far away. I don't get over there enough, or call enough. You've reminded me how important it is ... calling her right now.

Phil C
07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Prayers for a complete recovery.

pooch
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
prayers, brutha.

underware
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Done..........

footballgal
07-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Prayers for you and your mom, have been sent to the "Hearer of prayers" Psalms 65:2

Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God. Philppians 4:6

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
I'll be keeping you and your mother in my thoughts. Keep us posted on her condition.

Chris Hart
07-18-2007, 04:58 PM
You, your mother and family are in my prayers Daniel. Hang in there friend...

KingRob
07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Prayers from Germany.

PHS Wildcats
07-18-2007, 05:21 PM
In our prayers!!!

KTA
07-18-2007, 06:41 PM
done, wish her the best

olddawggreen
07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
My prayers are with you Sintonfan.

BuffyMars
07-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I just finished my prayers for her and for you and your family. May God be with you all.

Angeleyes
07-18-2007, 07:27 PM
I will keep you and your family in my daily prayers.

SintonFan
07-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Thank you for your well-wishes. I was a little choked up reading your words tonight. My family truly appreciate the thoughts and prayers.
The update on my mom is this:
She was moved today from the critical care area to a longer-term area. That is welcome news. My dad, ever the optimist, is convinced she is fully recovered. That is not close to the truth, though. She still hasn't responded to the "antibiotic coctail" fully(She's been taking it for a week now), but has made some progress. She will be in the hospital for some time according to her and her doctor. I will make another update as soon as I hear something different.
I sincerely want to thank you great folks for your thoughts and prayers,
Daniel

sinton66
07-18-2007, 09:39 PM
In my continued prayers. Call me if you need anything.

West22
07-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Daniel my nephew had a similar infection early this year .He was in intensive care for three months but he finally got a little better .Still not back to work but infection finally under control .Dont let her give up ,for it will be a long battle but she can beat it .Prayers for her and stay strong.

luvhoops34
07-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Glad to hear your mom is doing better.....Keep us posted and I will keep y'all in my prayers.

SintonFan
07-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Update:
Mother seems to be responding better to the treatments and her health overall is improving. This doesn't look to be the type of blood infection that will stay with her forever so Hope is growing. I saw her this weekend and she was in better condition and spirits than last I talked to her. Interesting observation here...
her best improvements seemed to occur after you good folks started praying for her. :)
I appreciate all of your prayers and well-wishes.
Daniel

kaorder1999
07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Update:
Mother seems to be responding better to the treatments and her health overall is improving. This doesn't look to be the type of blood infection that will stay with her forever so Hope is growing. I saw her this weekend and she was in better condition and spirits than last I talked to her. Interesting observation here...
her best improvements seemed to occur after you good folks started praying for her. :)
Daniel
good news! Prayers still coming from Crandall!

CHS_CG
07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear the good news D! I am still praying for you and your family! Please keep us updated as much as possible. If you need anything remember we are here for you!

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Update:
Daniel

I was just thinking about you & was gonna call and then got distracted. :doh: I'm glad to hear that she has taken a turn for the better. I hope she continues to improve. Keep us posted!

g$$
07-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Prayers & thoughts from Houston/Sweeny. I contracted staph in hs from the locker room, & while your Mom's sounds far worse, I fully know how serious it can be. I was fortunate they got it early. Stay strong & keep the faith.

Ranger Mom
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Update:
Daniel

The power of prayer is a powerful thing....she and your family continue to be in mine!