PDA

View Full Version : Lidge

Bull Butter
07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
gets his first save of the year. Only took 94 games:)

Buccaneer
07-17-2007, 09:22 PM
His ERA is 2.15

luvhoops34
07-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
His ERA is 2.15

You get any rain over in Sodville today?

necks_c/09
07-18-2007, 12:54 AM
lidge is pitching well as of late....i really hope they dont trade him, i would much rather see wheeler....if anybody wants him.....

qualls not so much, imo he is better than wheeler....

zebrablue2
07-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
lidge is pitching well as of late....i really hope they dont trade him, i would much rather see wheeler....if anybody wants him.....

qualls not so much, imo he is better than wheeler....

I would hate to see lidge go, but the stros need to go into a rebuilding mode. if they could get 2 quality prospects, I would consider it. wheeler would be my choice, but we would not get much in return. one thing for sure, there will be some moves in the next 2 weeks.

JasperDog94
07-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I would hate to see lidge go, but the stros need to go into a rebuilding mode. if they could get 2 quality prospects, I would consider it. wheeler would be my choice, but we would not get much in return. one thing for sure, there will be some moves in the next 2 weeks. Uncle Drayton says they won't consider trading Lidge. Okay, so you won't trade Lidge, but you'll trade away a pitching prospect and a great center fielder for a pitcher for 1 year that has 1 win for you? Tim Purpura is da man!:doh: :hand:

Buccaneer
07-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
You get any rain over in Sodville today?

We get rain every day! The ditches filled up from Sunday's downpour. We got showers Monday morning, Tuesday evening and it looks ominous right now.

Buccaneer
07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Uncle Drayton says they won't consider trading Lidge. Okay, so you won't trade Lidge, but you'll trade away a pitching prospect and a great center fielder for a pitcher for 1 year that has 1 win for you? Tim Purpura is da man!:doh: :hand:
I think they would trade Jason and Woody if they could get anything for them.

g$$
07-19-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I think they would trade Jason and Woody if they could get anything for them.

No market for Woody - 40 yr. old pitcher whose best days are long gone. Plus Purpura guaranteed next year too at over $6 million & signed him before Dec. 1st (thus costing a 2nd round pick). Changes are coming & hopefully "Purp the yes man" is among them. This team needs youth & a rebuilt minor league system ASAP.

Purp gave Garner a flawed roster. Casey Stengel could not win in Houston right now. Poor drafts for close to 10 years, depleted minors, bad signings (Woody), terrible trade (free agent to be Jennings from Colorado for 3 young prospects), etc. I cannot stand Purpura one bit, & I used to work for him in 1994!

JasperDog94
07-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Drayton just said that Purpura and Garner will stay.:(

carter08
07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I still can't understand Hirsh and Taveras for Jennings deal. Jennings is not that good of a pitcher to give up that much.

But i guess they didn't want Willy on the bench after Pence came up.

neck_06
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I still can't understand Hirsh and Taveras for Jennings deal. Jennings is not that good of a pitcher to give up that much.

But i guess they didn't want Willy on the bench after Pence came up.

didn't taylor buckholtz go in that deal too?

Maroon87
07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
didn't taylor buckholtz go in that deal too?

Yeah...I could see Taveras and one of the pitchers but both?

zebrablue2
07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Yeah...I could see Taveras and one of the pitchers but both?

I liked taveras from the time he came to the bigs. he will only get better. is hitting over .300 again this year. pence would have been solid in right field. mr. purpura is a yes man and will never build a winner. please drayton, eat crow and ask GH. to please come back. he knows how to build winners.

g$$
07-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I liked taveras from the time he came to the bigs. he will only get better. is hitting over .300 again this year. pence would have been solid in right field. mr. purpura is a yes man and will never build a winner. please drayton, eat crow and ask GH. to please come back. he knows how to build winners.

Well said!

Jennings deal:

Astros got Jason Jennings (FA to be & hurt part of last year) & minor league pitcher Miguel Ascencio (just demoted to AA)

for

Jason Hirsh
Willy Taveras
Taylor Buchholtz

That & many other things spell doom for Tim Purpura. I know what Drayton said but there is a long way to go before next year. Drayton hears the masses. I expect Garner to be scapegoated & Purp to get the axe too.