PDA

View Full Version : Ok so what do yall think?

DUKE22
07-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I saw on article this weekend asking which would be harder for the average person to do.

Tackle an all pro running back. LT, Larry Johnson, Etc.

Score a basket on an all star defender. Bowen, Artest, Etc.

Get a basehit off an all star pitcher. Santana, Clemens, Etc.

From easiest to hardest this would be my order.

Score a basket (i think you could get lucky and maybe throw something up.)

Tackle an all pro back (Maybe throw your body at his legs, and break three bones doing it)

Get a basehit off an all star (I cannot see this happening and I assume they mean you cant just make contact even though that would still be hard.)

carter08
07-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I can't make a basket.
I can't tackle.

The baseball is only one I could remotely hope to accomplish.

crzyjournalist03
07-17-2007, 06:10 PM
if you watch "Pros vs. Joes" very often, it seems that the basket is always the hardest, the hitting second hardest, and the tackling surprisingly is the easiest usually.

fireman1
07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Id say tackle a running back, get a hit, score a basket

DUKE22
07-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
Id say tackle a running back, get a hit, score a basket Maybe I am dreaming but I just think you might could create a little space and throw up a hook shot or something and get lucky.

charlesrixey
07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
i think tackling a pro football player would be very difficult, but by far the easiest to accomplish out of that list

it requires the least amount of preparation

coach
07-17-2007, 06:35 PM
get hit is def harder just think about it....pros only get a hit an avg 25 % of the time...thats a 250 ba....if u hit 300 thats considered good now think like this if a defender only made a tackle 30% of the time he would loose his job and same thing with a basket....now u trying to get a hit of santana or clemens think about that...a major leaguer only gets a hit 30% so by far getting a hit off a pro pitcher would be harder

Emerson1
07-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Easiest to hardest

1. Get a hit
2. Tackle
3. Make a basket

Depends what kind of pitches they are throwing though. I could hit a fast ball.

DUKE22
07-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Easiest to hardest

1. Get a hit
2. Tackle
3. Make a basket

Depends what kind of pitches they are throwing though. I could hit a fast ball. I assume you have played some baseball, well hell I played in highschool but I cannot see myself being able to hit 95 or 96

Emerson1
07-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I assume you have played some baseball, well hell I played in highschool but I cannot see myself being able to hit 95 or 96
A couple of my teams went undefeated or came in 1st.

crzyjournalist03
07-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I assume you have played some baseball, well hell I played in highschool but I cannot see myself being able to hit 95 or 96

if it's straight, all you have to do is swing early to at least make contact.

DU_stud04
07-17-2007, 07:34 PM
1. get a base hit
1. make a basket
1. tackle the back

they cant hold me, id make it look easy

DUKE22
07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
1. get a base hit
1. make a basket
1. tackle the back

they cant hold me, id make it look easy Ah yes but the question said the average person lol

cr180t
07-18-2007, 08:34 AM
DUKE you are not average either

jason
07-18-2007, 08:34 AM
bruce bowen would just elbow you in the face or kick you in the knee so you would never have a chance....

hitting a straight fastball would be easy...

all you have to do to tackle is wrap up and hold on, you will eventually slide do to his ankles and trip him up...

DUKE22
07-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by jason
bruce bowen would just elbow you in the face or kick you in the knee so you would never have a chance....

hitting a straight fastball would be easy...

all you have to do to tackle is wrap up and hold on, you will eventually slide do to his ankles and trip him up... Ok man you just wrap Earl Campbell up and hold on i am not going to say anymore about that and hitting is so easy then why is someone who fails 7 out of 10 times considered a good hitter.

jason
07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
hitting is so easy then why is someone who fails 7 out of 10 times considered a good hitter. i said a straight fast ball....pros dont get those, they get the full variety and the risk that a curve ball might not curve and hit them in the face...

SWMustang
07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Getting a base hit would be the hardest by far.

BullFrog Dad
07-18-2007, 09:06 AM
hitting is so easy then why is someone who fails 7 out of 10 times considered a good hitter. We don't want spoiled and overpaid grown men to have a complex?

pooch
07-18-2007, 01:34 PM
football is easy so that'd be #1

getting to 3rd base is hard for someone like me....ask all my concubine. :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Tackling a pro running back in the open field definitely. Few realize how hard it is and how much athleticism on the part of the defender it would take to accomplish such a task.

rockdale80
07-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Tackling a pro running back in the open field definitely. Few realize how hard it is and how much athleticism on the part of the defender it would take to accomplish such a task.

Well if you knew how to tackle...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
I could tackle you.

rockdale80
07-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I could tackle you.

You couldnt tackle a picture of me. Keep dreaming boy. ;)

Bull Butter
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
For those of you that think hitting a baseball is the easiest, some things to ponder.............

1. Look at the original question, it was phrased "GET A BASE HIT", not "hit the ball". Lots of guys make contact, but hit a lazy fly ball or a grounder.

2. It was phrased "get a base hit off Clemens or Santana", not Chad Qualls, Trever Miller or Dan Wheeler. Plenty of guys get hits off those bums, but the BEST pitchers have opp. batting averages under .200 and that is by REAL MAJOR LEAGUERS!

3. Yes, you can hit a straight fastball, when you know it's coming. Clemens and Santana don't throw straight fastballs.

4. If you COULD get a base hit off Clemens and Santana, what in the world are you doing on a 3A message board? Why are you not on a major league roster somewhere?

Emerson1
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Also depends if you have 3 strikes or not. Or you just go until you get the base hit.

tigerpride_08
07-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Maybe I am dreaming but I just think you might could create a little space and throw up a hook shot or something and get lucky.

when we've played i've seen fireman make some crazy shots...:D

BILLYFRED0000
07-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Also depends if you have 3 strikes or not. Or you just go until you get the base hit.

I assume you get one shot at each. tackle hit score.

Never hit a ball with one shot.
Probably never hit a bucket even tho I was a good creator and could really throw some slop.
Open field tackle no way.

I would say a base hit is hardest but only because it is the toughest thing to do athletically of the three.
If you guessed right on a tackle you would have a chance of tripping him up.
Get a basket ball on the way and it has a chance.
Being able to hit a 95 er moving down and in good luck.

DUKE22
07-19-2007, 08:43 AM
I have got an idea. Since no one will ever actually get to try. Take a local ten year old and let him try to tackle your teams best back, hit your teams best pitcher, and score on your teams best defender. Not exactly the same but maybe close.