Vick isnt really a fantasy stud

luvhoops34
07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Vick isnt really a fantasy stud

LOL, really?

crzyjournalist03
07-17-2007, 06:13 PM
if you should remember one thing from the Duke lacrosse case, indicted and convicted are completely seperate.

You may already have your opinion of whether or not he's guilty, but just an indictment does not mean that he's going to be suspended. It's possible, but no guarantee.

JasperDog94
07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
if you should remember one thing from the Duke lacrosse case, indicted and convicted are completely seperate.

You may already have your opinion of whether or not he's guilty, but just an indictment does not mean that he's going to be suspended. It's possible, but no guarantee. Hide and watch...

piratebg
07-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I can't help but think some kind of suspension is in the near future for Vick. Goodell has spared no one so far. I don't think that he would be indicted if he didn't have some kind of involvement in it.

DU_stud04
07-17-2007, 07:36 PM
you're guilty untill proven innocent.

piratebg
07-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I didn't say he was guilty yet, but he is involved.

JasperDog94
07-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
you're guilty untill proven innocent. HA!!!! Tell that to the Duke lacrosse team.

JasperDog94
07-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I didn't say he was guilty yet, but he is involved. And that's all it takes to get a suspension from Goodell with this new policy.

piratebg
07-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
And that's all it takes to get a suspension from Goodell with this new policy.

And I agree with Goodell.

JR2004
07-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Roger the Impaler spares no one. He'll have another suspension forthcoming. I'm sure he's got an itchy trigger finger for another one. I think he's made it more than 24 hours since the last one and that's just too long between suspensions!

g$$
07-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
And I agree with Goodell.

Me too. The Feds are involved in this deal. Ask Enron about that...Vick is in serious trouble & by all accounts so far he deserves it. Just inhumane treatment of animals.

fireman1
07-19-2007, 01:01 AM
from what I get from this story and what I heard he was involved but that doesnt mean that he himself was fighting the dogs maybe he breed the dogs to fight is that illegal? all animals fight if provoked and that includes humans.. and as I heard his cousins were living there at the time what if they didnt want to get in trouble and blamed it on Vick? Im not sayin that he didnt fight the dogs himself but lets hope that the justice system get this one right because if not the sports world is going to lose a great athlete... that is all at this time thank you:)

coach
07-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
you're guilty untill proven innocent. im no tryin to sound racist and forgive me if this statement offends you but you are guilty until proven innocent if you are black or mexican...its sad but its true

Bull Butter
07-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Everybody thought Scott Peterson was innocent just because he was white, correct?

Maybe you did, but I didn't.

g$$
07-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
from what I get from this story and what I heard he was involved but that doesnt mean that he himself was fighting the dogs maybe he breed the dogs to fight is that illegal? all animals fight if provoked and that includes humans.. and as I heard his cousins were living there at the time what if they didnt want to get in trouble and blamed it on Vick? Im not sayin that he didnt fight the dogs himself but lets hope that the justice system get this one right because if not the sports world is going to lose a great athlete... that is all at this time thank you:)

Interstate commerce (illegal dog fighting ring / gambling). Vick knew what was going on at his "other" house. Records & eyewitnesses even put him there & involved. He is a thug just like his younger brother Marcus has proven to be. That is the crux of the matter. Who cares if he is an athlete or not? - wrong is wrong buddy. I hope no one does him any favors if proven guilty - would they do you & me any favors? I absolutely love sports but I don't put star athletes on a pedestal. That is a major problem in our society & thus leads some to feel a sense of entitlement.

g$$
07-19-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by coach
im no tryin to sound racist and forgive me if this statement offends you but you are guilty until proven innocent if you are black or mexican...its sad but its true

Oh please don't go there...you are generalizing & it involves race. Never good.

burnet44
07-19-2007, 01:50 AM
http://www.anecdotage.com/pics/vick.jpg

g$$
07-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
http://www.anecdotage.com/pics/vick.jpg

Says it all! Bright guy huh?

fireman1
07-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Interstate commerce (illegal dog fighting ring / gambling). Vick knew what was going on at his "other" house. Records & eyewitnesses even put him there & involved. He is a thug just like his younger brother Marcus has proven to be. That is the crux of the matter. Who cares if he is an athlete or not? - wrong is wrong buddy. I hope no one does him any favors if proven guilty - would they do you & me any favors? I absolutely love sports but I don't put star athletes on a pedestal. That is a major problem in our society & thus leads some to feel a sense of entitlement.

No they wont do us any favors and if hes found guilty they can do whatever they want to him Im sure they are going to push for the max penalty allowed but if not arent they still going to go back and say what trouble he was in for that indictement... Im just sayin that there are people out there that have had (in my eyes) worse charges filled against them and all they got was a slap on the wrist if they are gonna push this case then the justice system should do the same for everyone

JasperDog94
07-19-2007, 10:39 AM
im no tryin to sound racist and forgive me if this statement offends you but you are guilty until proven innocent if you are black or mexican...its sad but its true :rolleyes: It's statements like this that keep us from moving beyond race in this country.

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 10:41 AM
im no tryin to sound racist and forgive me if this statement offends you but you are guilty until proven innocent if you are black or mexican...its sad but its true

I disagree......that hits the white community too!!

Those who know me well will know exactly what I mean!!!