PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipley(Horn or not?)

Chris Hart
10-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Any Burnet fans know if the rumor is true that Jordan has decomitted from Texas and is now committed to TTU. It is all over the UT&TTU recruiting sites, any verification from someone in the know here? I hope it's true since I'm a Red Raider.

<small>[ October 16, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 10:45 PM
i'm not a die hard Red Raider fan but I do like them I think it would be awesome if if he went to play there. Brant Slaughter isnt doing to bad there. Man and how bout Stratton at middle linebacker his awesome Him and hes brothers were some good players in high school.

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Chris Hart:
Any Burnet fans know if the rumor is true that Jordan has decomitted from Texas and is now committed to TTU. It is all over the UT&TTU recruiting sites, any verification from someone in the know here? I hope it's true since I'm a Red Raider.Rock & Roll, if that's true. I'm a Tech fan and it would be my great pleasure to yell for Shipley at TTU. Let me know if you hear; I'll do the same.

MARLINFAN
10-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Would be great the new Shipley- Graham Harrel connection.

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 11:05 PM
MARLINFAN:
Would be great the new Shipley- Graham Harrel connection.I agree i didnt think about that. how do you think that would turn out. maybe just as good as the McGee-Shipley connection

therealbulldogs
10-16-2003, 11:09 PM
I hope this is true!

HotDawg89
10-16-2003, 11:17 PM
I can have some answers by morning. But I bet a lot of other people will know by then too. That would be GREAT! I too, am a Tech fan Chris! My dad is alumni. This should be interesting! :D

espn1
10-16-2003, 11:27 PM
TEXAS!

weatherag07
10-16-2003, 11:30 PM
TECH!

JasperDog94
10-17-2003, 12:10 AM
After what I saw this past weekend, why would any receiver want to go to Texas? No running attack, so your qb gets killed and can't throw you the ball. I'm still sick over this past weekend. eek! frown

holdem
10-17-2003, 04:56 AM
If it's true then in a few years Jordan can tell us who's better between Harrell and McGee. I really didn't like that "Who's better" post.

Knightmoon
10-17-2003, 06:09 AM
Go TECH!!!. I am hoping that rumor is true. That would be too cool. I think Shipley would light it up at Tech. I have my fingers crossed.

bulldogvet85
10-17-2003, 08:07 AM
holdem:
If it's true then in a few years Jordan can tell us who's better between Harrell and McGee. I really didn't like that "Who's better" post.Why dont you like that post? is this not a competitive sport were people and teams try to be better than the other?

espn1
10-17-2003, 08:43 AM
I'd love to see Jordan go to Tech, but I don't think so. If he has changed his mind there are some other factors involved than just losing a game. I think that there's more stability at Tech right now.

Jerry10ydCurl
10-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Why should he go to Texas? They have tons of recievers and keep recruiting them. The don't even use the ones they have effectively. Most of which stems from the running game not being effective.

DOGS1
10-17-2003, 09:07 AM
FYI......

October 15, 2003
Jordan Shipley addresses recruiting rumors

Jason Suchomel
The-University.com

Throw another name into the recruiting rumor mill – this time it's that of UT commitment and record-setting Burnet wide receiver Jordan Shipley.

Not altogether a surprise, speculation on a few of the Longhorns’ early commitments has popped up after last weekend’s loss to Oklahoma, with one of the rumors surmising that Shipley might be interested in looking to another school or two to make sure he’s made the right decision.
“Not right now,” the standout receiver said when asked if there was any truth to the talks. “I’m just hanging on and going to see how they rebound.”
The 6-0, 180-pound four-star prospect attended the Texas-OU game with teammate Stephen McGee (a Texas A&M commitment). While the UT loss was understandably discouraging, Shipley said he feels it would have been a different game had Texas been able to protect the football.
“They just turned the ball over too many times. You can’t win when you turn the ball over six times,” he said. “Especially against the number one team in the nation, you can’t turn the ball over like that.”
Perhaps fueled by the visit to the Cotton Bowl with McGee, as well as the duo’s amazing on-field chemistry that has helped Burnet rise to the top of the heap in Class 3A ball, grapevine talks on the internet picked up this week that had Shipley potentially warming up to the thought of joining McGee as an Aggie.
“I’m not looking at them at all,” Shipley said about Texas A&M. “Right now I’m sticking with Texas. I’m sure they’re going to have to make changes and I’m just going to wait and see what happens.”
If Texas bounces back and fares well this season? “It’ll be the same as it has been,” said Shipley, referring to his solid commitment status. And should the Horns continue to struggle? “I don’t see that happening. They’re too good of a team for that to happen.”
On the field, Shipley continues to terrorize opponents on both sides of the ball. Last week, in Burnet’s 54-0 drubbing of Llano, the nation’s 16th rated receiver prospect passed Stephenville’s Cody Cardwell for the state all-time receiving yardage record and later blew past former Ennis wideout Broderick Jones for the career touchdown reception record.
Teams have been double-teaming Shipley trying to slow him down on offense but it hasn’t exactly worked. On defense, it’s been much the same with only about eight passes being thrown his way all season. Smart move by opposing offenses … Shipley has intercepted four of the attempts.
Shipley, who said he plans to be in Austin when the Longhorns face Nebraska, said he’ll continue to focus on Burnet’s season, one that has them favored to win a state title, and ignore the rumors surrounding his recruitment.
“I’m not surprised,” he said. “I kind of figured things would start up after last week.”

olddawggreen
10-17-2003, 10:42 AM
THERE YOU HAVE IT!

Bellville22
10-17-2003, 12:41 PM
nm

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Bellville22 ]</small>

Bellville22
10-17-2003, 12:52 PM
nm

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Bellville22 ]</small>