PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Bob Hayes

pooch
07-17-2007, 09:20 AM
died back in 2002...still doesn't have a tombstone.

luvhoops34
07-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by pooch
died back in 2002...still doesn't have a tombstone.

And you know this because?

pooch
07-17-2007, 10:45 AM
he's my daddy.

luvhoops34
07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
yeah right;)

charlesrixey
07-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by pooch
died back in 2002...still doesn't have a tombstone. :confused:

Phil C
07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
It is a shame that is the situation. That doesn't say much about his former teammates many who are doing very well financial. It is especially bad when Shaq showed some compassion on a former NBA player and paid for his funeral expenses since the player's family was having hard times financial.
The first lady of Tejano music Laura Canales doesn't have one either as far as I know which is not a credit to her fans among which I am included. She is burried in Kingsville and was the star of Tejano music before Selena came. If I had the money to spare I would pay for the tombstones myself.

JR2004
07-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is a shame that is the situation. That doesn't say much about his former teammates many who are doing very well financial. It is especially bad when Shaq showed some compassion on a former NBA player and paid for his funeral expenses since the player's family was having hard times financial.

He paid for the funeral of the NBA's original big man, and former Laker great, George Mikan. They had developed a very close friendship because of both being great Laker centers (Combined they helped bring 8 titles home for the franchise) and I was glad to see Shaq honor George and his family by taking care of a truly great man and paying for the funeral. I believe he even acknowledged that without Mikan paving the way there would've been no Shaq following in the footsteps of Mikan and other great Laker centers.