PDA

View Full Version : Very sad day

Pudlugger
07-17-2007, 06:07 AM
Mrs Pudlugger and I had to take our beloved Keeshound to the vet for an exploratory laparotomy. Turned out he had an inoperable cancer and had to be put down. He was 12 and a very sweet dog. His best friend, our 12 year old cat, misses him too.:(

piratebg
07-17-2007, 06:16 AM
I feel ya. My old cat of 11 years died of natural causes last weekend.

Blastoderm55
07-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Really sorry to hear that. I'd be devastated if anything ever happened to my dog. :(

44INAROW
07-17-2007, 08:33 AM
so sorry for your loss Pudlugger - :(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-17-2007, 08:37 AM
I remember when our 16 year old black lab/hound Biscuiteater died of natural causes, and I was devastated, so best wishes to your family. It's crazy how an animal can make its way into your family...

Pudlugger
07-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks everyone. Zeus was a good old boy, kind of the rascal of the group though. He had a stubborn streak, would stop and dig in like a mule when on walks if you didn't go where he wanted LOL. Many tears from Mrs. Pudlugger as everything reminds her of him, especially watching tv. The old cat, his best friend, seems depressed and Shadow, our chocolate lab has been very subdued as well. We've had some wonderful companions over the years who have passed on, three cats and nine dogs since 1982. I like to think they will all be waiting for me up there someday. What a scene that would be!

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
it sucks man... when you just have one, and it passes, you feel so sad and you don't want to go through the pain again, but you always get another because they're too awesome...

had three kittens hanging around our house a while back... I backed out of the driveway one day to go fishin', and look and one of 'em was a bouncing around in the driveway, I said "oh crap I just ran over that cat", never felt it... his two siblings and an older cat we keep around to eat snakes and stuff were trying to comfort it... those two kittens looked devistated for a coupla day and would run off whenever I went to walk inside the back door... "he's the killer, run"...

pirate4state
07-18-2007, 12:46 PM
:( so sorry about Zeus

i would be devasted if something happened to one of my dogs

underware
07-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Man! My bassett Ryder has almost no teeth, a bad hip and not doing well at all. His best friend is my cat Tobie......I feel for you guys. I've been bummed about it all for a while.

lepfan
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Is that one of those dogs I helped Alby and Cale chase down one day after they escaped? That was an adventure!!! Sorry about your loss...I just lost my dog...amazing how they become part of the family!

Pudlugger
07-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Is that one of those dogs I helped Alby and Cale chase down one day after they escaped? That was an adventure!!! Sorry about your loss...I just lost my dog...amazing how they become part of the family!

Yeah, most likely. He and Moses, the black border collie, used to make a dash for it every time someone opened the door. Zeus was the fluffy gray and cream colored one. Zeus used to love riding on the ATV when I'd run him down after an escape LOL. You would laugh seeing this goofy dog on the handlebar with his tongue hanging out and his fur in the breeze!

We lost Moses to a rare blood disorder in May of '06. He was only 8. We took him to TAMU vet clinic and did everything possible but we could not save him. That was really rough as well, especially for Alby, as Moses was his dog. We had 6 dogs at one point and now are down to 2. :(

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I have three dogs. An old lab cross female, an Airedale and my catahoula/blue heeler cross. I can't imagine life without them.

lepfan
07-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Yeah, most likely. He and Moses, the black border collie, used to make a dash for it every time someone opened the door. Zeus was the fluffy gray and cream colored one. Zeus used to love riding on the ATV when I'd run him down after an escape LOL. You would laugh seeing this goofy dog on the handlebar with his tongue hanging out and his fur in the breeze!

We lost Moses to a rare blood disorder in May of '06. He was only 8. We took him to TAMU vet clinic and did everything possible but we could not save him. That was really rough as well, especially for Alby, as Moses was his dog. We had 6 dogs at one point and now are down to 2. :( LOL I remember knocking on the door one time and hearing a voice from inside...'grab the dogs'....I really wasn't sure what I was about to face! I was glad to find out the grab the dogs comment was to keep them IN THE HOUSE....not keep them off me. :) I do remember an evening of the boys chasing the dogs down Creamer Creek Rd. --- just after a hard 'two a day' workout... y'all take care!

Txbroadcaster
07-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Crystal and I have 5 cats and two dogs

One Cat is 13 yrs old

Her daughter is 12 years old and weighs a ton

The Third one is crazy..No really..lives in a litter box

The other two are less than a year old and are strays Crystal saved

One of our dogs is a stray we saved..the other my BDay gift this year

We had two mini dobermans...One was killed day before Thanksgiving( Ran Over)

His mother died MLK day when she had to be put down

Their whole life they had been together, so when one died, the other just never was the same

pirate4state
07-19-2007, 04:42 PM
LOL ~~ "put up the gate" is what you hear at my house. My dogs always want to make a mad dash for the door. They love running around outside. If our yard was fenced in I'd have no problem with them running crazy & loose, but we don't and I'm terrified that they'd get run over. :(

Sometimes right before it is time for a bath - I let them run loose and it is so funny to bring them in and get them cleaned up and then they sleep like babies after they are nice & clean!!! :D

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Sometimes right before it is time for a bath - I let them run loose and it is so funny to bring them in and get them cleaned up and then they sleep like babies after they are nice & clean!!! :D

Where did the saying "sleep like babies" come from??

Babies don't sleep for CRAP!!!!!:p :p

kaorder1999
07-19-2007, 08:32 PM
im sorry for your loss!