PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have...

AP Panther Fan
07-16-2007, 09:28 AM
any suggestions of some scenic places in the Austin area? I am thinking that I want to take my daughters and nieces somewhere and take some pictures of them. I rarely get photos of them together and even though they will hate the idea....too bad.:D

I am actually in Leander and could ask my sister, but would rather her think that I am just extremely intelligent.;)

Cameron Crazy
07-16-2007, 09:30 AM
6th street! :) jk. The lake there is really nice!

Snyder_TigerFan
07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
If you're up for a little drive, Hamilton Pool (http://www.texasoutside.com/hamiltonpool.htm) will not disappoint. A little closer to where you are is Mount Bonnell (http://austin.about.com/cs/tours/l/blvt_a_mbonnell.htm) which is pretty scenic too. Also, there are many scenic places on loop 360. The 360 Bridge is nice.

CalallenWildcat
07-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Mount Bonnell is awesome.

Hamilton Pool is really cool

The pedestrian bridge close to where Lamar Blvd crosses the Colorado River will provide awesome views of the downtown

Zilker Park has a lot of nice areas especially along Barton Creek

Bull Creek has several waterfalls along Bull Creek Trail
http://www.austinexplorer.com/Hiking/HikeDetail.asp?HikeID=12

Commons Ford's Waterfall trail is also very nice
http://www.austinexplorer.com/Hiking/HikeDetail.asp?HikeID=57

mac77
07-16-2007, 09:54 AM
A trip to Georgetown would also be good. The campus of Southwestern University is beautiful.

AP Panther Fan
07-16-2007, 10:40 AM
All great suggestions, thanks.:D

I think we will go buy them some matching shirts today, photos probably tomorrow. I will let you know what our final destination was. Thanks again!

charlesrixey
07-16-2007, 10:43 AM
if you could drive to marble falls there are some scenic views out there

AP Panther Fan
07-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Here's the update....we ended up going to Zilker Botanical Gardens and got some fairly good photos. We called Hamilton Pool but they are closed for swimming because of all the rain. I think we will be going to the Waco Zoo tomorrow and possibly Georgetown.

Went to Schlitterbahn yesterday, just for a fun day, and it was a disaster. It rained alot and I started coming down with a stomach virus before we left the park. It was the LONGEST drive back from New Braunfels to Leander. I am still feeling like crap, but hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

:) (first time I have smiled in about 24 hours);)

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Town lake is beautiful.

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Town lake is beautiful.

I like Hippie Hollow.;)

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I like Hippie Hollow.;)

Yeah you would think nudity would be cool until you see the people that are willing to be nude all the time.:eek:

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Here's the update....we ended up going to Zilker Botanical Gardens and got some fairly good photos. We called Hamilton Pool but they are closed for swimming because of all the rain. I think we will be going to the Waco Zoo tomorrow and possibly Georgetown.

Went to Schlitterbahn yesterday, just for a fun day, and it was a disaster. It rained alot and I started coming down with a stomach virus before we left the park. It was the LONGEST drive back from New Braunfels to Leander. I am still feeling like crap, but hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

:) (first time I have smiled in about 24 hours);)
The pictures at Zilker turned out great! :)

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I like Hippie Hollow.;)
Uhm....how long has it been since you've been there? :eek: :eek:

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Uhm....how long has it been since you've been there? :eek: :eek:

LOL It's been awhile....back in my other life

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2007, 07:16 PM
LOL It's been awhile....back in my other life
LOL! Okay....I was gonna say. :D

carter08
07-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Emo's
Stubbs
La Zona Rosa
Red 7
The Parish

Those are where I'd want to go in Austin.