PDA

View Full Version : Brazos River to most likely come out of its banks

CHS_CG
07-16-2007, 08:54 AM
KBTX our local CBS station is predicting the Brazos River to come out of its banks and crest at 48.9 ft tonight about 6 pm. I work very close to the river and appently our county was going door to door last night preparing everybody for the flood. Flood stage of the river is 43 ft.

luvhoops34
07-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Will you be able to get to work tomorrow?

AP Panther Fan
07-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
KBTX our local CBS station is predicting the Brazos River to come out of its banks and crest at 48.9 ft tonight about 6 pm. I work very close to the river and appently our county was going door to door last night preparing everybody for the flood. Flood stage of the river is 43 ft.

So, does your office have some sort of flood plan, much like we have hurricane plans here on the coast? If so, you might be working all day to protect the company's assets.

Hopefully you don't live anywhere near the affected area.

burnet44
07-16-2007, 09:04 AM
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/wgrfc/stat_map/images/wgrfc_status_zm.jpg

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/wgrfc/legend1.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Turn around, don't drown! :mad:

CHS_CG
07-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, I live on the other side of the county from the brazos but I am also not at work today. My mom (hornetmom) fell and sprang both ankles and possibly factured one. Needless today she cant walk very well and has doctors appointment at 11:20. Not only am I takin care of her and of course Taylor, my WONDERFUL boss has already called me 3 times this morning. Anyway, appently the Brazos came out of its banks back in '91 and they spent a lot of the day stackin chemical up on top of stuff so nothing would get wet. It flooded up the road from our office and down the road but right around our office never flooded.

AP Panther Fan
07-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/wgrfc/stat_map/images/wgrfc_status_zm.jpg

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/wgrfc/legend1.jpg

Wow....

I wonder if those 3 purple boxes are where the Nueces River is near Corpus (Terry LaBonte Park)..... :thinking: I believe it has been flooded for about 2 weeks though.

AP Panther Fan
07-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Well, I live on the other side of the county from the brazos but I am also not at work today. My mom (hornetmom) fell and sprang both ankles and possibly factured one. Needless today she cant walk very well and has doctors appointment at 11:20. Not only am I takin care of her and of course Taylor, my WONDERFUL boss has already called me 3 times this morning. Anyway, appently the Brazos came out of its banks back in '91 and they spent a lot of the day stackin chemical up on top of stuff so nothing would get wet. It flooded up the road from our office and down the road but right around our office never flooded.

awwwwww....doesn't sound like today will be a good day for you. I hope your mom's appointment goes well and that she is feeling better soon. Spraining one ankle sounds painful enough, but two!:eek:

Take good care of her.;)

CHS_CG
07-16-2007, 09:23 AM
make that 4 times my boss as called.... this is gunna be a long day!

CHS_CG
07-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Flood warnings remained in affect Sunday afternoon for the areas surrounding the Trinity, Brazos and Navasota Rivers.

According to information obtained from the Brazos River Authority and the River Forecast Center, the Brazos River is rapidly approaching flood stage of 43 feet and is expected to crest at 48.9 feet by 6 p.m. Monday.

Burleson County Judge Mike Sutherland said Sunday the county had received word from the state that Lake Limestone is full. If officials have to release water it is expected that the Brazos River will come out of its banks.

Emergency personnel went house to house Sunday in Burleson County warning people in that area of the expected flooding.

Sutherland says if these predicted levels are realized then there will be many road closures and extensive agricultural and property damage in the county.

He says primary concern is to make sure there are no life losses. If residents do have to evacuate, Burleson County will establish shelters in Caldwell.

On Sunday, the Trinity River measured at 137 feet and is forecasted to rise to 137.3 feet by Monday. Flood stage for the Trinity River is 134 feet.

Flood stage for the Navasota River is 15 feet and river officials say the river is forecasted to reach 15 feet around sunset Sunday afternoon. On Monday, the Navasota River could reach 19.4 feet.

Residents in the flood plain are being advised to secure their homes and livestock for the next few days.

Cameron Crazy
07-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Hope evverything turns out ok!

CHS_CG
07-16-2007, 09:31 AM
what really sucks is we have only had like .75 inch of rain since Saturday. That stupid Lake is so full its spilling over...:mad:

18handicap
07-16-2007, 09:32 AM
One of my players' parents' owns a lot of the farmland right on the Brazos between College Station and Snook. When he got the news of the imminent flooding yesterday at a softball tournament, you could see the disappointment in his face and tone. There is a lot of worry right now for them and other farmers in the river bottom, especially when their crops are looking so good right now. I'm praying for the river to stay in its banks.

pirate4state
07-16-2007, 09:32 AM
So, should I be worried about my mom? She is staying in Bryan/College Station this week?

CalallenWildcat
07-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Wow....

I wonder if those 3 purple boxes are where the Nueces River is near Corpus (Terry LaBonte Park)..... :thinking: I believe it has been flooded for about 2 weeks though.

those 3 purple boxes are (roughly) Nueces River @ Sandia, Nueces River @ Bluntzer, and Nueces River @ Interstate 37

CHS_CG
07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
One of my players' parents' owns a lot of the farmland right on the Brazos between College Station and Snook. When he got the news of the imminent flooding yesterday at a softball tournament, you could see the disappointment in his face and tone. There is a lot of worry right now for them and other farmers in the river bottom, especially when their crops are looking so good right now. I'm praying for the river to stay in its banks.

what is their name? They probably do business with us?

18handicap
07-16-2007, 09:38 AM
check your pm