PDA

View Full Version : Playoff events.

BULLDOGFAN
12-27-2002, 07:04 AM
Which event left the biggest lasting impression on you from a playoff game.

My ( Bandera Bulldogs ) runner up was seeing the port Isabel crowd and all 150 football players they have on the field compared to our 27.

Toss up was Number 81 Cedric from Yoakum and Wilbur from Greenwood. Those guys played their guts out and the ending just overcame them. Left us stunned.

vet93
12-27-2002, 10:23 AM
I was most impressed this year by two things...Kennedale's offensive backfield and Greenwood's ability to control the line of scrimmage. The Kennedale backs were not only fast but very hard runners. The defensive front seven and the offensive line were the heart of the Greenwood team, not to take anything away from the skill players but when you can control the line of scrimmage...you are goint to win some games.

Rabbit'93
12-27-2002, 11:05 AM
I would haved to say Forney v Everman II @ Texas Stadium. Great atmosphere and an awesome game as well.

big daddy russ
12-27-2002, 02:42 PM
Aransas Pass vs. Port Isabel... AP appeared to have the momentum throughout the third and most of the fourth quarter, but the Tarpons took advantage of AP's only turnover in the second half- PI scored with about five and a half minutes to play to give them, I believe, a 12-14 lead... On the Panthers' VERY NEXT OFFENSIVE PLAY, Tommy Blake busted through a hole and went over 60 yards to give AP the lead, 19-14... then Port Isabel marched down the field and scored with about 2 minutes left and went for the two-point conversion... it failed, and the Tarpons led 20-19... AP started to drive once again and, with a fourth-and-(about) eight with 45 seconds to play, called a rollout pass... QB John David Heard rolled out to left and found Tyler Ogle upfield closing in on the sidelines... seven yard gain... SEVEN YARD GAIN... after bringing out the chains, yes, AP was just under a yard short of the first down... what a game!

That entire game left a huge lasting impression... in my sternum. I thought my heart was gonna jump out of my chest.

<small>[ December 27, 2002, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

Keith7
12-27-2002, 10:01 PM
Not a playoff event.. but certainly felt like it.. but The Gainesville Celina game.. infront of nearly 8,000 people.. I'll never forget that game that we shoulda won..

Ranger Mom
12-27-2002, 10:05 PM
I would have too say Greenwood's last 3 play-off games. The Sweetwater game that went down to the wire, the ending of the Daingerfield game and the "Battle of the kickers" in the Greenwood/Bandera State Championship game. But, being from West Texas I also have to mention the Midland High/Converse Judson game for the State Championship!!

aamove
12-27-2002, 10:22 PM
Mine would be the last minute of the Forney - Carthage game. Just when my heart sunk to the lowest reality that Forney's Season was over, Forney pulled out the win. After that I could not be disapointed with anything else that happened the rest of the playoffs.

bd0707
12-28-2002, 09:34 AM
It wasn't 3A but we saw the Midland vs. Converse Judson prior to the Everman vs. Burnet game WOW!, what a thriller it had to be the most exciting game ever. We were sitting on the Convrse Judson side of the Alamodome and when they took the lead for the last time (with 7 secs.) left on the clock the immediate reaction from the C.J. fans was a brief moment of stunned silence and then they erupted in celebration. I can only imagine the disbelief on the Midland side of the stadium. WOW! what a game!