PDA

View Full Version : Suburban

GreenMonster
07-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I bit the bullet and bought one today. It's a light gold almost sand color. That's the color choice of the Mrs. Monster. I guess that means we can have some more little Monsters in the future now. Well, at least we have room for more car seats in case we decide to expand again.

luvhoops34
07-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I hate to ask this question, but what kind of gas mileage does it get?

charlesrixey
07-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I bit the bullet and bought one today. It's a light gold almost sand color. That's the color choice of the Mrs. Monster. I guess that means we can have some more little Monsters in the future now. Well, at least we have room for more car seats in case we decide to expand again.

Some more little monsters, eh?

good description!

no more pixies for Rixey!

:p

Gp83
07-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Once you've had a big SUV, you don't care about MPG and you'll never go back. I just bought me a new Expidition and went away from the Chevy's.

3afan
07-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I hate to ask this question, but what kind of gas mileage does it get?

probably about 16/20

GreenMonster
07-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
probably about 16/20 15 city and 21 hwy was or should I say still is on the window sticker. I wasn't all that interested in the mpg. It will get better than what my 9 yr old pickup is getting and that is what it is replacing.

ILS1
07-14-2007, 05:24 PM

I recently sold my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. It was actually called Gold Mist in color, that's what I had. I averaged between 12.5 city/17hwy. That's why I got rid of it and gas prices!!! I loved it when I had it, I miss it every now and then!!! I don't miss the gas mileage!!!

:D :D

luvhoops34
07-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I recently sold my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. It was actually called Gold Mist in color, that's what I had. I averaged between 12.5 city/17hwy. That's why I got rid of it and gas prices!!! I loved it when I had it, I miss it every now and then!!! I don't miss the gas mileage!!!

:D :D

That sounds more like the kind of mileage I would expect.

Gp83
07-14-2007, 05:35 PM
My new Expidition gets 20 on the hwy and about 14 in town.

luvhoops34
07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I have a Ford Explorer that gets about 22 hwy 19 in town.

I would much prefer to drive an Expedition or Tahoe. But, oh well....:(

Black & Gold
07-14-2007, 08:06 PM
My wife just got a Nissan Armada. It gets TERRIBLE gas mileage but we were in it more for the space. It has tons of room in it. We actually got it brand new with lots of options for the same price we were going to have to pay for a used '07 Tahoe. I have always been a Chevy person but I have to say I really have enjoyed this one so far.

GreenMonster
07-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
My wife just got a Nissan Armada. It gets TERRIBLE gas mileage but we were in it more for the space. It has tons of room in it. We actually got it brand new with lots of options for the same price we were going to have to pay for a used '07 Tahoe. I have always been a Chevy person but I have to say I really have enjoyed this one so far. The Mrs wanted an Armada but the local Nissan dealler is notorius for hanging a big price tag on his vehicles and refusing to come off of that asking price very much. I also pointed out to her that the third row seat was almost all the way to the back door leaving very little space for storage. The Suburban has 3 rows of seating and space for some storage in the very back. I was also able to get the local Chevy dealer under 30K for it which is a huge plus. The Armadas here are stickering from 39k to 49k.

Black & Gold
07-15-2007, 01:50 AM
I was also able to get the local Chevy dealer under 30K for it which is a huge plus. The Armadas here are stickering from 39k to 49k.

That's dang good. I might need you to go with me next time I want to buy a vehicle.

Blastoderm55
07-15-2007, 09:08 AM
My brand new Sukuzi Aerio gets about 31 MPG on the highway. :D

lepfan
07-15-2007, 11:19 AM
The new ones (with the 'drop down' cylinders for cruise speed) get pretty good gas mileage. At least the one we drove a couple of weeks ago did....it made me take another look at them.

44INAROW
07-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Once you've had a big SUV, you don't care about MPG and you'll never go back. I just bought me a new Expidition and went away from the Chevy's.

we did that last time we bought..... love my Expedition.......

(hate the MPG) but it's someone you accept when you buy SUV

COngrats on the new purchase GM and be sure and let us know if you are expecting a new little GM anytime soon :p

olddawggreen
07-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
probably about 16/20

Or 13/16.... but they sure are nice when your in that kid hauling phaze.:D

ILS1
07-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
The new ones (with the 'drop down' cylinders for cruise speed) get pretty good gas mileage. At least the one we drove a couple of weeks ago did....it made me take another look at them.

I can tell you from experience that those types of vehicles don't get as good gas mileage as advertised. My Tahoe had that option while @ cruisin' speed it would drop down to a 4 cyclinder. But once a feather touched the accelerator it jumped back up to 8 cylinders. I even tried to put it in cruise control while in 4 cylinder mode. It would jump in and out of 4 and 8 cylinders. Plus, I put after market 20" inch wheels on mine. Had to go back to Chevy dealership and have the computer reprogrammed for 20" inch wheels. The gas mileage got a little better. From 12.5/city to 15 city and 15 hwy to 17/18 hwy. I NEVER got the 20-22 mpg they are advertising on TV!!! Alas.............I still miss it!!!!

:( :( :(