PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

Ranger Mom
07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Please say a prayer for my little sister. She is in the hosptial with what could very well end up being cirrhosis of the liver. She has battled the bottle for years now and it may end up winning. I have gone as far as the contact an "Interventionist" to try and help someone who doesn't want the help.

Anyway...I could go on and on, but she is only 40 years old, and hopefully this will be the "wake-up" call she needs.

Thanks!

luvhoops34
07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Prayers from me, RM. Alcoholism is a terrible disease and so hard on families.

injuredinmelee
07-14-2007, 11:06 AM
prayers for your sister to gain the strength to fight her way through the addictions and prayers to you and your family that also have to live with it everyday.

rundoe
07-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Your family is in my famlies prayers. Hope things turn out ok for you and yours.
Gary

charlesrixey
07-14-2007, 12:31 PM
:(

definately in our prayers, RangerMom

44INAROW
07-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Will keep you and your sister in my prayers. Trying to get help for someone who doesn't want it, is a tough road - I hope she accepts the help

CHS_CG
07-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Thats terrible.. Prayers here from Caldwell and from my family Kellye!

KTA
07-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I lost a brother to alcoholism, my prayers are with yall

pirate4state
07-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your sister Kellye. You know we will all be thinking of you & your family. Anything you need just let us know. :)

Ranger Mom
07-15-2007, 12:42 AM
UPDATE:

I picked my sister up from the hospital, since her no-good boyfriend couldn't make it. It was the hardest thing I have ever done to drop her off at her little shack knowing he was there....thank goodness he wasn't when we got there.

I got her settled in and took her 8 prescriptions to get filled.....$232.00 later I took them back to her house only to find "no-good" there and she was gone....evidently she dropped something, so once again, he kicked her out.

Ironically, I found her at her "husbands" house...."no-good" kept calling her and convinced her to come home. We took her back and he started in on her immediately....of course, he was drunk.

I drug him outside and tried to explain to him what the nurses had told me, and what her do's and don'ts were.....he could care less. So, I stepped outside my normal placid self, balled up my fist and hit him right in the face...he kept mouthing and put that beer up to his mouth and I knocked the hell out of him again, smashing the beer can up against his filty mouth!! I have to admit, it felt damn good!!:D (In hindsight, that probably wasn't the wisest thing, since he beats on her regularly....but he didn't even dare come after me!!)

For some odd reason, my sister decided she needed to leave, so I "sister-napped" her and she came home with me.

I got her to bed, covered her up, kissed her cheek and told her that I loved her, and she has a support system around her, but she has GOT to take that first step herself. If she doesn't help herself, there is nothing the rest of us can do.

She is pathetic right now....they did diagnose her with cirrhosis of the liver. They drained almost a gallon of fluids (amonia like) off her stomach and she still looks 8 months pregnant.

We talked some more and she is in so much pain right now, she's hard to conversate with, but she DID agree she needed help and told me she would consent to rehab. I don't know if she was serious or she is agreeing to anything to SHUT ME UP!! She hasn't had anything to drink since Wednesday and she doesn't realize how hard her fight is going to be.

I just hope I can be there for her as she fights this disease that I can't understand!!

Prayers can only help her.....Thank y'all SOO much!!

smustangs
07-15-2007, 12:45 AM
good news rm yall have prayers from stephenville i know how it feels to we have gone through the same thing w/ my uncle and he has now been clean for 1 year and doing a lot better

lepfan
07-15-2007, 12:59 AM
I am losing a SIL to this right now...sad thing is my MIL is going to die with her...of a broken heart if the stress doesn't bring back her cancer! They have spent over $150,000 on her bail $$, court costs, rehabs, hospital bills and paying her other bills...and she continues to drink---LISTERINE at this time! (she can't afford vodka) My prayers are to all who are affected by this ... it chisels away more than just the alcoholic. :(

Good luck Kellye...hang in there!!!

pirate4state
07-15-2007, 01:13 AM
You go GIRL!!

I hope your sister takes the hand you have out for her. Keep us posted.

sinton66
07-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Our prayers are with you and your sister, Kellye. I hope she eventually figures out how lucky she is to have a big sister like you.

LH Panther Mom
07-15-2007, 01:38 AM
My heart and prayers go out for you and your sister. I know this is going to be an extremely tough fight for her, and for you. Just hang in there. And you know I'm here if you need a shoulder. :)

burnet44
07-15-2007, 02:07 AM
God hear our prayers and bless all with your power to be relieved of our aflictions. Remember all who are suffering from addiction and lead us to a productive and improved life. Remember Kellye and her family. Give her the strength to overcome this terrible situation. I pray for who are in need of prayer as well. In the name of Jesus. Amen

CHS_CG
07-15-2007, 10:42 AM
WTG momma, so that man who's boss

My prayers keep coming to you and your sister. I hope she sees that she needs help. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

luvhoops34
07-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the update RM. I hope your sister sees that God is giving her this chance to help herself. She is very lucky to have you for a big sister. Y'all are in my prayers.

olddawggreen
07-15-2007, 03:06 PM
My prayers go out to you, your sister and your family!

44INAROW
07-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I hope and pray she continues to accept the help you and the doctors are offering..... and I hope the no good guy leaves her alone so she can try to recover...... We are still in "the dog house" with some of my "inlaws" for refusing to bail my BIL out of jail last summer after his latest stint for DUI ( in a company truck no less) - It's called TOUGH LOVE - Good Luck RM