PDA

View Full Version : Happy Bastille Day!

charlesrixey
07-14-2007, 10:47 AM
i wonder why nobody's posted about this yet?

:p

luvhoops34
07-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i wonder why nobody's posted about this yet?

:p

smartass:D ;)

shankbear
07-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Heads will roll. Off to the guillotine. We stayed near the Bastille area last summer in Paris. Lots of history in France.

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2007, 09:28 AM
I wish I would have been in France for it...alas, I left about one week early to go to Italy

By the way, I'm back from Europe...been home for 3 days. I've just been a little jetlagged.

charlesrixey
07-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
I wish I would have been in France for it...alas, I left about one week early to go to Italy

By the way, I'm back from Europe...been home for 3 days. I've just been a little jetlagged.

good to see you back!

i hate the time zone changes!

you lose six hours, and then when you fly back you gain them back, and it gets really confusing for your body

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2007, 09:39 AM
good to see you back!

i hate the time zone changes!

you lose six hours, and then when you fly back you gain them back, and it gets really confusing for your body

7 hours, actually. It really has been confusing. Yesterday I woke up at 6 AM and fell asleep at 2:30 PM.

shankbear
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I do better with the jetlag coming this way. Going west to east is worse for me. I just try to keep going and not go to sleep. Still love the travels. Gotta go to Italy some day. Tuscany for sure.

charlesrixey
07-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
I do better with the jetlag coming this way. Going west to east is worse for me. I just try to keep going and not go to sleep. Still love the travels. Gotta go to Italy some day. Tuscany for sure.

italy is nice, especially pompeii, the beaches, the vatican and lake Maggiore/the alps

although i think switzerland might be even better overall

CalallenWildcat
07-16-2007, 06:07 PM
italy is nice, especially pompeii, the beaches, the vatican and lake Maggiore/the alps

although i think switzerland might be even better overall

Pompeii is nice as is the Vatican and the beaches...but my favorite part of Italy is Florence. It's such an amazing city, one where the Renaissance has never drawn to a close.