PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Expands Stadium

rundoe
07-14-2007, 09:20 AM
In between rainstorms and flooding. Liberty Hill is expanding it's Football Stadium to accomidate more seating!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Uhm, yeah. Have you seen what's been done? :doh:

(Good to see you! :) )

3afan
07-14-2007, 09:35 AM
pics .........

rundoe
07-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
pics .........

Right now just imagine a train wreck, lol. I went by there yesteday.

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
pics .........

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3614/tn1004707lp0.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/964/tn1004709ux0.jpg

Originally posted by rundoe
Right now just imagine a train wreck, lol. I went by there yesteday.
Oh heck.....I was about to get all excited, thinking something besides the ramp being ripped up had happened. It's looked like this for weeks. :p

Emerson1
07-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey atleast you have a football field. We just have black dirt right now.

Gobbla2001
07-14-2007, 10:53 AM
in the past expanding the stadium has meant more people coming to the games with trucks so that the tailgates could be used...

congrats on the upgrade :D

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
in the past expanding the stadium has meant more people coming to the games with trucks so that the tailgates could be used...

congrats on the upgrade :D
Ohhhhhh.....I see you've been to one of our baseball games. :D

Gobbla2001
07-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Ohhhhhh.....I see you've been to one of our baseball games. :D

no, we just drove by your "stadium" in '04... :p

I like it

rundoe
07-14-2007, 11:54 AM
The story goes is that they expanded it because we won the State Championship (Which we did in case anyone forgot, lol)
and we needed the room.

The "real" reason is because LHPM and myself rang so many bells all the people around us went deaf and had to sit father away from us!!!!!

In fact I'm now about half deaf now too. But thats a good thing, I can't hear at thing my wife or LHPM are saying at all, lol.

Note to self: Put on list, ear plugs for games.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/Stix_69/My%20heroes/JackNickelson.jpg
I'm Back!!! Wheres the Mods??? Redrum, I mean Rundoe, Hee Hee!!!!!

marlin fan
07-14-2007, 12:07 PM
is the band gonna get their own section?? hehe i hope i get to see it this season!!!. lol someone text me start @@@ comments.

HippoBaseball05
07-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Please tell me that they are expanding the visitors section as well.

Even though we might not play there again for awhile, (unless it is non-district), we have had easily 400+ fans that had to stand along the fence the past couple of years due to a lack of seating.

gobbler grad
07-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05

we have had easily 400+ fans that had to stand along the fence the past couple of years due to a lack of seating.

there will be plenty of Cuero fans there this year...hope we have plenty of room...:thinking:
hehehehehehe...:D

rundoe
07-14-2007, 05:26 PM
The schooll admin has been pretty quite about it. I have seen no construction on the visitors side.

bobcat1
07-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
The schooll admin has been pretty quite about it. I have seen no construction on the visitors side.

Where ya been 2 Dogs? Good to see ya again! :D

rundoe
07-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I just took a break for a while. It was getting way too intence for me here. Glad to see everyone.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/Stix_69/My%20heroes/JackNickelson.jpg
He's Back!!!!! Where's those mods. I'm Hungry!!!!

LH Panther Mom
07-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05

Even though we might not play there again for awhile, (unless it is non-district), we have had easily 400+ fans that had to stand along the fence the past couple of years due to a lack of seating.
You want expansion on the visitors' side? Heck, where do you think we're getting the steel from for the home side? :devil: :devil: Actually, my understanding is that the "temp" stands that have been on the home side will be moved to the visitor side. Or at least, that's the info I was told 2-3 months ago. :)

jason
07-15-2007, 08:35 PM
so the new stadium will hold 1,000 now, instead of 500 from before??

talk about a pitiful stadium....are they using all the money the team has made the last few years?? or did that go to the politically correct things like new pom-poms and volleyball jerseys??

rundoe
07-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by jason
so the new stadium will hold 1,000 now, instead of 500 from before??

talk about a pitiful stadium....are they using all the money the team has made the last few years?? or did that go to the politically correct things like new pom-poms and volleyball jerseys??

It was good enough for our team to play on and take us on to win the State championship. But admit it could use some improvement.

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Woohoo! Finally an update, not much, but it's a start. Rebar and a backhoe are here. :)

pictures (http://www.lhallsports.org/news.htm)

Old Green
08-03-2007, 06:09 PM
will it be ready for the season opener ?

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
will it be ready for the season opener ?
I certainly hope it's ready before then. I'm not too worried about the intersquad scrimmage, but we have "Meet the Panthers" two weeks from tonight and there are always TONS of folks there. The way it is right now, there's a two-people wide set of steps on the far end. :eek: :eek: From what I was told at our "home visit" last week, once the steel/aluminum arrives, it'll take roughly two weeks.

Cameron Crazy
08-03-2007, 06:24 PM
It is looking good, just have to have it ready by football start, alot of pressure on some, but they can do it. GOOD LUCK PANTHERS

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I'll try to go over this weekend and take a picture from behind. It's hard to tell from the ones on our booster club site the size now and what it will be.

Old Green
08-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I certainly hope it's ready before then. I'm not too worried about the intersquad scrimmage, but we have "Meet the Panthers" two weeks from tonight and there are always TONS of folks there. The way it is right now, there's an two-people wide set of steps on the far end. :eek: :eek: From what I was told at our "home visit" last week, once the steel/aluminum arrives, it'll take roughly two weeks. Sounds good. I've seen them put a stadium up like that up once and it didn't take long.

footballgal
08-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Cameron Crazy

I love your sig!! I want one too.:(

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Here's the "now" picture. (Looks like I need to fix the date on my camera. :doh: ) With the added seats, the home side will extend to the lights on the outside edges of the picture.
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2500/stadium3gk0.jpg

This is our "YAY US" board. We've had it a few years, but not many here have seen it. :)
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/443/boardnx3.jpg

Cameron Crazy
08-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Footballgal-Pirate44 made it for me. I bet if you pm him he wil make you one.

44INAROW
08-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
there will be plenty of Cuero fans there this year...hope we have plenty of room...:thinking:
hehehehehehe...:D

You and the Mrs gonna get there early and save some seats? :D

Looks good LHPM :clap:

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2007, 01:57 PM
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: Stuff has been delivered! I'm not sure what all was there, but it looked like the steel beams, fencing, walkway and lots of other silver stuff. :D I have pictures but no time to post them now. Later......

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2007, 07:42 AM
http://www.lhallsports.org/news.htm

Pictures have been loaded here. :)

BobcatBenny
08-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I hope your soap and towel day goes well . . .

. . . because Liberty Hill has a bunch of nasty cats! :D

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I hope your soap and towel day goes well . . .

. . . because Liberty Hill has a bunch of nasty cats! :D LOL! And run the nasty slot.... :evillol: :evillol: :devil:

I bought 2 packs of 8 of antibacterial Dial yesterday. My son griped at me because I didn't also buy towels. (Had to tell him there weren't any at HEB. :D ) :doh:

BobcatBenny
08-10-2007, 07:57 AM
LOL! And run the nasty slot.... :evillol: :evillol: :devil:

Yeah, that slot you have is pretty slick. :inlove:

LH Panther Mom
08-14-2007, 12:47 PM
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3562/stadium81407xy5.jpg

burnet44
08-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Here's the "now" picture. (Looks like I need to fix the date on my camera. :doh: ) With the added seats, the home side will extend to the lights on the outside edges of the picture.
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2500/stadium3gk0.jpg

this looks like Gatesville's visitors side

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3562/stadium81407xy5.jpg

this will look a lot better
congrats

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2007, 08:14 AM
:foul: :flaming: :foul: :flaming: :foul: I absolutely do not believe it. (Excuse me while I vent....)

Last week, the concrete was poured that the steel beam braces go into. They got them in the wrong place and had to take them out. They were working on that and getting forms for the new concrete things in during our intrasquad scrimmage Saturday. Concrete takes 24-hours to cure, but did they pour it then? NO! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: That was done Monday. Yesterday my husband called and said they had stuff going up and to go take pictures, so I did. This morning, I drove through the parking lot to see if enough was done that I needed new pics for his morphing project. EVERY single piece of metal that was up yesterday has been taken down!!!!! :(

burnet44
08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
building at schools isnever finished in time

sorry

olddawggreen
08-15-2007, 09:50 AM
:foul: :flaming: :foul: :flaming: :foul: I absolutely do not believe it. (Excuse me while I vent....)

Last week, the concrete was poured that the steel beam braces go into. They got them in the wrong place and had to take them out. They were working on that and getting forms for the new concrete things in during our intrasquad scrimmage Saturday. Concrete takes 24-hours to cure, but did they pour it then? NO! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: That was done Monday. Yesterday my husband called and said they had stuff going up and to go take pictures, so I did. This morning, I drove through the parking lot to see if enough was done that I needed new pics for his morphing project. EVERY single piece of metal that was up yesterday has been taken down!!!!! :(

Sounds like your using local help:eek:

LHMom
08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Best all time line in a movie!!!!

olddawggreen
08-15-2007, 09:56 AM
You want expansion on the visitors' side? Heck, where do you think we're getting the steel from for the home side? :devil: :devil: Actually, my understanding is that the "temp" stands that have been on the home side will be moved to the visitor side. Or at least, that's the info I was told 2-3 months ago. :)

Hmmm, looks we will have more room to sit on the home side! As I always say, get there early, wear lots of green and sit on the home side:D :D ;)

firstcat
08-15-2007, 12:08 PM

OK, I now know that I'm not losing it. I looked at the pics yesterday and went up there last night....nothing changed from this past weekend!!! I thought I was going crazy! I told everyone that was going up there to help unload the trailer that they would be surprised by the change...boy did I look stupid!
What the heck is up with this??????

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
I haven't heard anything official, so your guess is as good as mine. I thought I might drive over there in a bit and find one of the LHISD guys and bombard them with questions.

buff4life
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
so with the six thousand fans yall had at the giddings game...yet i know they weren't all from LH, still a large percentage was...how did yall fit all of them in the stands yall had?

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
so with the six thousand fans yall had at the giddings game...yet i know they weren't all from LH, still a large percentage was...how did yall fit all of them in the stands yall had?
We don't. :eek:

sotex
08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
If I could figure out how to post a picture on this here computer thang I would show you what real 3A stadium looks like.

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
:doh: :doh: Concrete in the wrong place.....again. :doh:

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Hmmm, looks we will have more room to sit on the home side! As I always say, get there early, wear lots of green and sit on the home side:D :D ;)
Good thing we're playing at "your" house this year - ours might not be ready. :bigcry:

olddawggreen
08-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Good thing we're playing at "your" house this year - ours might not be ready. :bigcry:

Thats ok, I'm going to try real hard to make this one, hope to see you there!:)

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2007, 04:56 PM
I hope I don't jinx it, but they might actually get finished in time for Friday.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5561/stadium824da5.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/314/stadium282407ba2.jpg

duckpluck
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I drove by last night (Friday) and they we still working / welding at 9pm. They are trying like heck from the looks of it.

duckpluck
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Question - with this addition, is the band going to sit in bleachers or still on the track?

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Question - with this addition, is the band going to sit in bleachers or still on the track?
Good question. I can only guess, but I would think in the bleachers.

kof96
08-25-2007, 09:42 PM
who dose LH play on friday?

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by kof96
who dose LH play on friday?
Waco Connally

duckpluck
08-25-2007, 10:59 PM
I sorta hope they stay on the track. More room for the fans.
The fans cant sit on the track.

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
I sorta hope they stay on the track. More room for the fans.
The fans cant sit on the track.
I like that idea! :)

pirate4state
08-25-2007, 11:24 PM
I hope I don't jinx it, but they might actually get finished in time for Friday.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5561/stadium824da5.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/314/stadium282407ba2.jpg

looking good