PDA

View Full Version : SLC vs MNW Ticket Orders

olddawggreen
07-13-2007, 11:13 AM
For those that are interested in going to the SLC vs MNW game on Saturday September 15th, here is a site where you can order your tickets;

http://www.fhstore.com/Shop1.asp?AC=&REC=&OrgTypeNumber=17&OrgTypeName=Corporate&OrgTypeImage=&Affiliation=Texas&OrgName=Clash%20of%20Champions&OrgNumber=1551

General admission tickets will be available at both schools beginning in July and are $10 adults and $5 students (age 18 years or less). No patron older than 18 will be admitted to the stadium with a Student ticket.

Tickets at Southlake Carroll will be available through Sept. 13 at Dragon Stadium, 1085 S. Kimball Ave, Southlake, TX 76092. From Hwy. 114, take Hwy. 26 south and turn right on Kimball Avenue. Box office is on the press box side of the stadium. Phone: 817-949-8300.

Tickets at Northwestern will be available through Sept. 12 at the Athletic Office of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools, 1450 NE Second Avenue, Miami, FL 33132. Phone: 305-995-1000.

All tickets on game day at Ford Stadium will be $15 and will be sold between Gates 3 and 4 on the Northwest side of the Stadium beginning at Noon.

Emerson1
07-13-2007, 11:17 AM
It's gonna be on ESPN right?

BullFrog Dad
07-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Isn't there a possibility that NMW's season will be suspended due to misconduct of players and coaches?

olddawggreen
07-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's gonna be on ESPN right?

Thats what I understand.

Emerson1
07-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Isn't there a possibility that NMW's season will be suspended due to misconduct of players and coaches?
No, there season is still on. But all 21 coaches were fired.

olddawggreen
07-13-2007, 11:24 AM
If you missed it before;

What's next for Northwestern coaching search?
By MANNY NAVARRO
mnavarro@MiamiHerald.com

CHARLES TRAINOR JR. / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
Miami Northwestern football coach Roland Smith, left, leaves the Miami-Dade School Board after schools Superintendent Rudy Crew removed Smith and his coaching staff from coaching the team in response to an incident involving one of the players last year that was covered up by the school administration.
Football spared but coaches ousted at Northwestern High
With less than a month before the start of fall practice, the nation's No. 1-ranked high school football team learned Wednesday it still has a season but no longer has a coaching staff.

Roland Smith and his entire Class 6A state championship winning staff were relieved of their coaching duties at Miami Northwestern Wednesday by Miami-Dade Schools Superintendent Rudy Crew in the fallout stemming from a sex scandal involving the team's star running back and a 14-year old girl in a school bathroom seven months ago.

So, what's next for the Bulls? A whole lot of speculation and a quick coaching search.

''I have no idea what's going to happen, but I can tell you we're not going to fall apart,'' said Debra Davis, a teacher at Northwestern who was formerly the business manager and athletic director at the school.

``A system is in place. And the community is going to support these kids all the way through.''

Northwestern principal Charles Hankerson, whom Crew said Wednesday would remain as the school's principal for the coming school year, has quite a task in front of him. In addition to hiring a new football coach, the school needs a new athletic director after Gregory Killings stepped down last Friday.

With football practice set to begin August 6th, Davis said Hankerson and the school's alumni association will try to find an experienced, respected leader who can put together a staff who could keep the team together.

''Whoever it is, it's going to have to be someone the players respect,'' said Northwestern boys' basketball coach Sam Watts, a Northwestern alumn who led the Bulls' basketball team to the state final four in March.

Unfortunately, there may not be many available or qualified options considering the time frame. Most coaches are already locked into their respective teams. Billy Rolle, who coached the Bulls to the 1998 state title, could have been an option had Wednesday's decision been made months ago. But Rolle left Miami Killian for Miami Central in February.

''I really don't want to comment,'' Rolle said. ``I probably would have been interested if I didn't have anything. But I'm here [at Centra] for right now.''

There was speculation following Wednesday's school board meeting Northwestern's junior varsity coach Sam Spence could be a possible replacement. But there is no telling if Spence, the father of star senior linebacker Sean Spence, was among the 21 names on a list Crew said would be dismissed from the school.

The University of Miami could have a vested interest in who replaces Smith since many of Northwestern's players are being recruited by the Hurricanes. The only current Bulls committed to Miami are quarterback Jacory Harris and offensive lineman Brandon Washington. Washington's former coach at Miami Edison, Corey Bell, is now the assistant director of football operations at UM.

Bell, who spent 10 years at Edison, is likely one of the few local coaches who would garner the respect of Northwestern's players and have the ability to put together a staff in less than a month. Other possible options include former UM assistant and Southridge coach Don Soldinger and former Miami Central coach Anthony Saunders, who is now an administrator at Miami Norland.

''Those kids were totally committed to Coach Smith,'' Watts said. ``They loved him dearly. And that family atmosphere has been broken. Those kids are going to have to stick together. And the adminstration is going to have to bring in somebody who knows what they're doing and has thick skin.''

Smith, who played at Northwestern and at UM, had learned to developed that thick skin and respect from the community in his six seasons as coach. He compiled a 69-13 record, capped by last season's 15-0 state championship season.

The Bulls were expected to compete for a mythical national title this season and debuted at No. 1 in the first preseason poll released Tuesday by Rise Magazine, a national publication dedicated to high school sports. But there is speculation Wednesday's firings could end the Bulls' shot at that too.

'I spoke to the guy from the National Prep Poll when he caught wind of the Bulls' troubles and he said he likely would drop them from the No. 1 spot,'' said Larry Blustein, co-host of the Miami Dolphins Gridiron High School Radio Show.

``I told him he was crazy. This team is probably the most talented I've ever seen -- that includes the great Coral Gables and Southridge teams. If they can stick together, they'll be unbelievable and four touchdown favorites in every game they play.''

buff4life
07-13-2007, 11:58 AM
where's it being played at?

Emerson1
07-13-2007, 11:59 AM
SMU.

PHS Wildcats
07-13-2007, 12:00 PM
the game will be on ESPNU @ 6PM

Emerson1
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
the game will be on ESPNU @ 6PM
Blah, I might have to go now.

burnet44
07-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Rudy Crew removed Smith and his coaching staff from coaching the team in response to an incident involving one of the players last year that was covered up by the school administration.

Roland Smith and his entire Class 6A state championship winning staff were relieved of their coaching duties at Miami Northwestern Wednesday by Miami-Dade Schools Superintendent Rudy Crew in the fallout stemming from a sex scandal involving the team's star running back and a 14-year old girl in a school bathroom seven months ago.

1. School adminstration-includes all the coaches?
yesh bet they were paid like school admins

2. Last Year-7 months ago-and you fire these guys NOW?
brilliant move

all this will do is add to the cluster there

expect more stories on this one

If SLC wins the crying will be more water than Katrina

Keith7
07-13-2007, 02:02 PM
that place is going to be packed

Mustangpride09
07-13-2007, 02:19 PM
After the first quarter its going to be a wrestling match.