PDA

View Full Version : Hey Matt Did you get a chance to C.....

Fotbol
07-13-2007, 08:11 AM
My Marlin Bulldogs play? If so How did they look in the passing game, I know we will have a Decent Running Game, but it's the Defense and the Passing Game, I'm concern with!

dutchman
07-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Marlin was inconsistent in all of their games, except the one against Celina. They were winning and Celina came back to score. Celina apparently wanted to win so badly they started tackling the Marlin players.

Against Pleasanton, Marlin's secondary let them score at will, all long passes. The Marlin receivers could not catch the ball. Therefore, it made for a long day for the Bulldogs.

They were hanging with Diboll 21-6 until the second half and then Diboll starting throwing long passes and it was over.

Against Palacios, every time Palacios touched the ball it was pretty much one play and a touchdown.

It seemed once they got down they quit playing and most of them were out of shape, which is why the teams were throwing long against them.

I hope that they will be ready, when the season starts.

On a side note, I like the Mart quarterbacks attitude, he has stated that if Mart loses a game while he is playing, he will not play any more football this year.

That is confidence. I like this young man's attitude, even though some may consider it cocky. I believe his teammates will rally around their leader to make sure he will be there when they make it to state again.

"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve."
-- Napolean Hill

Adidas410s
07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
This is what Matt put in his Day 1 Recap:

Easily the tournament’s biggest disappointment was Marlin. The Bulldogs at times looked downright apathetic and seemed liked they were not very interested in competing.

Fotbol
07-13-2007, 11:37 AM
You know what the community, ex-players, coaches, and Die Hard Fans will do now..............Start to talk to them about Heart, discipline, and the will to win, Me Personally I will bring up the Mart Game, and this will piss a few of the Leaders off, to hear D.Scott talk about another team, and the weight room, and the football field will grow with intensity, and Pride, and Malone and the Coaching staff will run the Cowboy Shat out of those boys, and they will start to play to their full potential.

True story, a few years back when Bellville beat us in the Triple OT Thriller, the boys were out running, as I passed by in my car, I notices some superstars walking and not taking it serious, so me being Me said, and I quote, "I'll bet Bellville's boys aren't walking, but you wonder why we loss, I'll bet Burnett's boys aren walking.
A few weeks later I drove thru again and the superstars were out in front, and encouraging the younger players to step it up, needless to say they made it to State and fell short, but the effort of training really did improve.

So I guess I will have to use Mart as motivation for this group, because when I see the QB and the RB's and this Secondary, I will leave them with a lil something something, thanks for letting me know the update on my Dawgs, now I will start to motivate, in only a way that I can;)

mwynn05
07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
sounds like a typical marlin team if they think they cant win they will quit

Fotbol
07-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
sounds like a typical marlin team if they think they cant win they will quit And How far back do you have to go to find a Fairfield Football team to beat us:rolleyes:
Haters aren't born, they're bread!