PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City High steroid ring

Mustangpride09
07-13-2007, 04:28 AM
Taken from www.texashsfootball.com

From the Orange Leader Newspaper:

The Bridge City Police Department officials confirmed Thursday they are investigating a steroid ring at Bridge City High School.

BCPD Major Joey Hargraves said his department believe the ring began activity in April. The department is now awaiting drug analysis from the Texas Department of Public Safety to verify exactly what substances are being dealt with.

“We have collected evidence and submitted it to the DPS crime lab for analysis,” said Major Joey Hargraves of BCPD.

Officials are awaiting the results of the tests to determine on how to proceed with the case.

“We will move forward when the results have been received,” Hargraves said. “What happens next will depend on the results.”

Sources close to Bridge City High School reported a former football and track star is being investigated for possession and distribution of steroids.

Thoughts?

X21AAAPlayer
07-13-2007, 08:14 AM
thoughts... It's about time there.... I used to lift at the gym in Bridge City and I left because I got sick of seeing the high school kids coming in 150 pounds one week and 2 months later being 210 pounds and solid. I'm not saying it's a lot of them but it was becoming an issue that caused me to start working out at another gym. They have no one to blame but themselves. Now remember, this isn't all the athletes, it's just a few of them so hopefully people will not make judgements about the athletic program as a whole. I'm sure they will be dealt with accordingly.

Mot'r Boat'r
07-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by X21AAAPlayer
thoughts... It's about time there.... I used to lift at the gym in Bridge City and I left because I got sick of seeing the high school kids coming in 150 pounds one week and 2 months later being 210 pounds and solid. I'm not saying it's a lot of them but it was becoming an issue that caused me to start working out at another gym. They have no one to blame but themselves. Now remember, this isn't all the athletes, it's just a few of them so hopefully people will not make judgements about the athletic program as a whole. I'm sure they will be dealt with accordingly.

i'll stay away from this topic

Crimestick
07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Wow.

fireman1
07-13-2007, 10:04 AM
So thats why they beat Wharton in baseball:D

Mustangpride09
07-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by fireman1

lol

tigerpride_08
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by fireman1

well there was one player who was pretty big...not saying nothing but he is the one that comes to mind...

Astrosdawg07
07-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
well there was one player who was pretty big...not saying nothing but he is the one that comes to mind...

Post deleted due to respect and being corrected by BigTex.

Keith7
07-13-2007, 02:05 PM
ouch

BigTex
07-13-2007, 02:27 PM
I know more than I should about this situation. No one on the baseball team is included in this investigation. And as for the player going to LSU, he was tested regularly by his parents for their peace of mind and his protection. He didn't need steroids. The names of the accused would not be recognized by most area fans. A bad situation for sure. Fortunately the school and police are attacking it head-on. Hopefully this will result in stopping it in BC as well as other schools.

X21AAAPlayer
07-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Yes hopefully this wont turn into another CNN ordeal at bchs... I hope a few people don't tarnish the reputations of the program. As for names, I'm sure they'll remain anonymous considering they are minors, am I correct?

JasperDog94
07-13-2007, 03:14 PM
As for names, I'm sure they'll remain anonymous considering they are minors, am I correct? I think that's the way it SHOULD go down, but you never know...:(

Astrosdawg07
07-13-2007, 03:34 PM
... As for names, I'm sure they'll remain anonymous considering they are minors, am I correct?

If they are the age of 17 their names probably will be released. I'm glad it's not the player headed to LSU, there was a lot of talk from fans about that. It's good to see there are still some players who do it the right way.

piratebg
07-13-2007, 10:46 PM
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: Whatever happened to raw talent?

necks_c/09
07-14-2007, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Mot'r Boat'r
i'll stay away from this topic

ha.....mot'r boat'r.......what a great name......!!!

lmao.....

i heard that b4.......

3afan
07-14-2007, 05:32 AM
people think they KNOW about these things but they rarely do ... the only ones that KNOW are the individuals directly involves (the players!)

exbccards76'smom
07-14-2007, 01:34 PM
The article says a "former football player and track star". That could be anyone, and there a still a bunch of "former players" around. Steriods are a bad thing, and this is probably going on at other places, too. The other folks just haven't gotten caught yet, and I emphasize "yet"

3afan
07-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
.... The other folks just haven't gotten caught yet......

so true ......

Crimestick
07-14-2007, 02:08 PM
There are a few in our area, but not most.

3afan
07-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
There are a few in our area, but not most.

you can say that but in reality you have no clue whether its true or not

right? :thinking:

Crimestick
07-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Which is more dangerous - saying what I said, or saying what was said before me when there is no proof about any of the schools?
Well, except one.
I had heard rumors for a few years now about steroids in the BC program, but never would have posted speculation without proof. There are a few certain area schools whose players seem to bulk up awfully quickly. Some schools players appear more lean than bulky (PN-G, WO-S, Jasper). Other schools seem to have an awful lot of beefy and muscle-bound kids who were wiry not so long ago. When there is an investigation about some of those "other schools," then we'll talk about it. What was posted was an attempt to shy attention from the BC program's problem. It's very sad, especially for those kids who accomplished what they did honestly, because people out there are going to doubt those things.