PDA

View Full Version : shiner brewery

BTEXDAD
07-12-2007, 01:06 PM
made it by shiner brewery yesterday again.
Don't drink the stuff all the time, but it sure tastes good in those little 6 oz plastic cups. I just wish they'd let me drink about a dozen more.

Gsquared
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
made it by shiner brewery yesterday again.
Don't drink the stuff all the time, but it sure tastes good in those little 6 oz plastic cups. I just wish they'd let me drink about a dozen more.
I still have one of the wooden tokens from my tour. I used the little old lady next me tokens so I didnt have to trade all mine in.

44INAROW
07-12-2007, 01:44 PM
back in the late 70's (way before the remodeling and corporate buyout) - we'd go and sit in the hospitality room and drink all afternoon - then we'd head over to the 10th inning to finish the day off.......Then, If one of us was sober enough to drive, we'd head over to Moulton to eat at Kloesel's............ those were the "good ole days"

Disclaimer:

***not condoning drinking and driving*******

olddawggreen
07-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
back in the late 70's (way before the remodeling and corporate buyout) - we'd go and sit in the hospitality room and drink all afternoon - then we'd head over to the 10th inning to finish the day off.......Then, If one of us was sober enough to drive, we'd head over to Moulton to eat at Kloesel's............ those were the "good ole days"

Disclaimer:

***not condoning drinking and driving*******

I have a few of those memories, there would sometimes be quite a gathering at the tasting room:D

Antec
07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
We go there every summer for a tour and 3 small cups of beer

Head to Pateks to by a case of Bock-its a lot cheaper

Also eat at Warners cafe

slpybear the bullfan
07-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Well, since the slpybear didn't get to go to 7 on 7... we went to the brewery today and took my buddy Jeff with me.

Great time! Second trip for the bear and first for Jeff.

Tried the new '98 and bought a case a Patek's. Also tried the Koltsch.. Great stuff!!

Gobbla2001
07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
the Koltsch is great (AKA: Summer Stock)...

I've never tried the 98... they're sellin' it at Patek's???

Am I going to Shiner? damn... maybe...