PDA

View Full Version : I did It!!

sectionCwannabe
07-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I went to the Big Texan last night for dinner and my children talked me into taking down the 72 oz steak dinner in 1 hour. well i did it and in 54 minutes i was done!!!

I get home go to bed and wake up about 5am this morning cramping, lol, i still dont feel to well. I have never ate that much at one setting in my life and after the night i had, i dont think i ever will again.

neck_06
07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
so what did you get for doing it???

Ranger Mom
07-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe
I went to the Big Texan last night for dinner and my children talked me into taking down the 72 oz steak dinner in 1 hour. well i did it and in 54 minutes i was done!!!

I get home go to bed and wake up about 5am this morning cramping, lol, i still dont feel to well. I have never ate that much at one setting in my life and after the night i had, i dont think i ever will again.

You big dummy!!!:D :D

The silly things we do to impress our kids!!:p

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
so what did you get for doing it???
Not paying the bill for it. :D

sectionCwannabe
07-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not paying the bill for it. :D

mine was free. but i really thought they could at least threw in a 4 pack of TP. :eek:

Adidas410s
07-12-2007, 12:31 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats on a job well done!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Mmmmmm, steak......

smustangs
07-12-2007, 12:45 PM
congrats man

CHS_CG
07-12-2007, 12:46 PM
thats to much steak for me!

Keith7
07-12-2007, 12:47 PM

how much does the steak cost if you can't eat it all in a hour??

shankbear
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Gluttons of the world unite!!!!!!

sectionCwannabe
07-12-2007, 01:00 PM
i believe it was 129.99

Adidas410s
07-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Don't they make you eat all of the sides that come with it as well?

pirate4state
07-12-2007, 01:02 PM
i believe it was 129.99

:eek: :eek: :eek:

omg that's crazy - good thing you ate it all - guess you are paying for it anyway today ;)

burnet44
07-12-2007, 01:03 PM
yep
bread salad and taters

burnet44
07-12-2007, 01:08 PM
In the early ‘60s when Bob Lee first opened the Big Texan Steak Ranch the cowboys still came into town at the end of the week. One night a lanky cowboy came through the front door of the restaurant declaring he was so hungry he could “eat the whole darned cow.”

Bob, always ready to have some fun, gave him a big grin and started cooking steaks. When the cowboy finally yelled, “calf rope,” he had consumed 4 ˝ pounds of meat. Bob declared from that day forward, the meal would be free to anyone who could eat it all in 1 hour.

Since then, almost 42,000 people from around the world have traveled to Amarillo and attempted to eat the specially cut 72-oz. top sirloin steak, a baked potato, salad, dinner roll and shrimp cocktail. About 8,000 have succeeded in completing the feat and joining the ranks of Big Texan champions. They come from all walks of life. Winners have included an 11-year-old boy and a 69-year-old grandmother. Former Cincinnati Reds Pitcher Frank Pastore did it in a record time of 9 ˝ minutes. The unofficial record for the fastest time belongs to a Bengal Tiger. His meal was limited to the steak only and he dined in the front of the building. The technique was the simplest we've ever seen: sniff, lick, gulp! It took him less than 90 seconds. One year the linebackers and linemen from UCLA flew into Amarillo to take the challenge. Unfortunately, none of their names made it to the “Wall of Fame” on that visit. Some come in on a regular basis to claim their FREE meal. Back in the ‘60s professional wrestler Klondike Bill ate two of the dinners within the one-hour time limit. Richard LeFavre, a soft-spoken gent from Nevada, ate two of the steaks on the Donny and Marie Show in the 1990s.

As the famous steak’s reputation grew, so did the price. The meal was originally priced at $9.95. By the mid 1990s the price had climbed to $39.50. The popularity of the Texas beef drove the price of the meal to $50.00 just before the millennium. Last year higher market prices for cattle pushed the price to $72.00. If you come in to test your gastronomic skills, don’t be offended if they ask for a payment on the meal before you begin eating. It’s been our experience that – win or lose – everybody who tackles the FREE 72-oz. Steak dinner has trouble reaching in their hip pocket for a wallet after they push back from the table. We happily refund the money to the winners. We also give them a T-shirt, a souvenir boot mug and a certificate. They can add their comments to the winners on the “Wall of Fame” next to the lobby display, and then we’ll add their photo to the gallery of recent winners. Their names go into the permanent list of Champions.

About 7,000 people have succeeded in eating the 72 oz. steak (since 1960)

Almost 42,000 people have attempted to consume the Free 72 oz. steak (since 1960)

About two women each year successfully eat the steak (About 50% of the women who try are successful. So about four or five women make the attempt each year.)

Frank Pastore, who was a professional pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds, ate the complete steak dinner in 9 and 1/2 minutes. (May 3, 1987) Pastore actually has eaten the steak dinner seven times. On his first effort, in February 1976, he finished the steak in 21 minutes.

The oldest person to eat the steak was a 69 year-old grandmother.

The youngest person to eat the steak was an 11 year-old boy.

Klondike Bill, a professional wrestler, consumed two of the dinners in the one hour time limit back in the 1960s.

The Big Texan Steak Ranch serves the meat from about 10,000 head of cattle every year. (One steer weighing about 1,200 to 1,400 pounds, produces about 400 lbs. of steak.)

The Big Texan puts about 208,000 lb (or 104 tons) of meat on serving plates each year.

Carlene and Richard Lefevre, a couple from Henderson, NV, have eaten the steak dinner at least 10 times since their first attempt 1995. Both of them usually complete the meal in less than 30 minutes.

http://www.bigtexan.com/images/inside_72ozlive.jpg

sectionCwannabe
07-12-2007, 01:21 PM
im still pretty sick, i have to work at 4pm i might have to call it, i think my body is in shock

rangerjim
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
C - Your "paper" work has just begun..............

injuredinmelee
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
mine was free. but i really thought they could at least threw in a 4 pack of TP. :eek:

NICE!!! Well done my man!