PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch Man Vs. Wild?

Gsquared
07-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Bear is a grade A bad dude!

Snyder_TigerFan
07-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Bear is a grade A bad dude!

I saw him drink his own pee the other day.http://forums.dragid.com/images/smilies/pukeface.gif

Gsquared
07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Did you see the one where he ate the dead zebra after the vultures were thru with it and where he squeezed the water out of the elephant crap and drank it to stay hydrated?

shankbear
07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
He eats a lot of snakes. A rattler and a small python on two shows. Climbs down some scary terrain as well as skinny trees. He can make fire from thin air and a stick. It says he was British special forces. Cool show. Better than Survivorman.

Gsquared
07-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
He eats a lot of snakes. A rattler and a small python on two shows. Climbs down some scary terrain as well as skinny trees. He can make fire from thin air and a stick. It says he was British special forces. Cool show. Better than Survivorman.
Yeah, I used to love Survivorman but Bear makes that guy look like a chamber maid.

Angeleyes
07-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Did you see the one where he ate the dead zebra after the vultures were thru with it and where he squeezed the water out of the elephant crap and drank it to stay hydrated? that was so totally disgusting:speech:

Snyder_TigerFan
07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Did you see the one where he ate the dead zebra after the vultures were thru with it and where he squeezed the water out of the elephant crap and drank it to stay hydrated?

I beleive that may beat drinking his own pee. I've only seen one show, but thought it was pretty interesting. I wonder though, he is struggling to find water and food, what about the camera men? Do they have their own supply of water? No way I'd be squeezing the water out of elephant crap if someone near by had water....we'd be fighting.

Gsquared
07-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I beleive that may beat drinking his own pee. I've only seen one show, but thought it was pretty interesting. I wonder though, he is struggling to find water and food, what about the camera men? Do they have their own supply of water? No way I'd be squeezing the water out of elephant crap if someone near by had water....we'd be fighting.
Yeah, they say the camera crew has water and climbing gear etc... but they can in no way give him anything unless its absolutly life or death.

burnet44
07-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah, they say the camera crew has water and climbing gear etc... but they can in no way give him anything unless its absolutly life or death.

yeah theirs

Darren
07-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Sounds like a cool show when does it come on and what channel. I need to DVR it.

Angeleyes
07-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Sounds like a cool show when does it come on and what channel. I need to DVR it.
It is a very intresting show, but there have been moments he did stuff that made me puke a little in my mouth:eek:

Haunta Yo
07-12-2007, 01:56 PM

Gonna be tough to live down in the real world...
"Hey Lisa. I'd like for you to meet Bear. His friends call him pi$$ boy. One time, at band camp, I saw him drink the water out of elephant crap."

smustangs
07-12-2007, 02:18 PM
i love that show its awesome

DDBooger
07-12-2007, 02:23 PM
thought this was a marriage thread:D

Mustangpride09
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I have every single episode recorded. Love this show.

pooch
07-12-2007, 06:30 PM

kinda like when you ate cowcrap?

pooch
07-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by shankbear

Survivorman is on his own, carrying and setting up his own cameras, Man vs. Wild has some dudes with him with cameras...i like'm both, more props to Survivorman.

Keith7
07-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Interesting survival techniques used on Man vs. Wild

* Glissading down a glacier using a broken ski pole
* Using trousers as a flotation device by tying off the leg holes to trap air
* Climbing up a tree to survey the land
* Hunting a rabbit with a throwing stick
* Soaking his shirt in urine and using it as a headdress to cool down in the desert
* Crawling over two ropes suspended above a deep chasm (Tyrolean traverse), with only improvised safety equipment (paracord wrapped around rope and secured to parachute harness)
* Making scrambled raven eggs by cracking the egg open onto a flat rock in the desert heat
* Rubbing feces on his face to prevent sunburn
* Drinking water squeezed from elephant dung
* Using a length of knotted rope (weighted down at one end with his pack) as a self arresting device to stop from falling down into a crevasse.
* Climbing up a knotted rope using Prusik loops
* Using a hammerstone to make a disc knife from flint
* Making a pair of snow shoes from branches and parachute cords
* Removing clothes to swim more easily, or to prevent hypothermia while wet in cold climates
* Making a torch from kukui nuts
* Fashioning a raft from bamboo and palm fronds
* Using coconut oil to avoid sunburn and dehydration from sea spray
* Using a scratch-built fishing rod to catch a surgeonfish while adrift
* Using aloe leaves on a cut
* Tying shoelaces together for a foothold to climb an otherwise unclimbable tree
* Scavenging and eating the raw flesh of a zebra carcass
* Calming bees with smoke to take a honeycomb
* Using sheep fat to make a torch
* Filtering water with his t-shirt
* Drinking his own urine to stay hydrated
* Boiling sheep meat in a natural hot water spring
* Urinating on his shirt and wraping it around his face and head to stay cool

Gsquared
07-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by pooch
kinda like when you ate cowcrap?
That was horse crap but I didnt know it at the time. Ask Rachel Fikes

Crimestick
07-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Survivorman is on his own, carrying and setting up his own cameras, Man vs. Wild has some dudes with him with cameras...i like'm both, more props to Survivorman.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Bear is nuts and entertaining, but Les (Survivorman) is ALONE. Being ALONE, he often has to make some jaunts through desert and knee-high ice THREE TIMES (once to set up the camera and do the on-camera static-shot walk, once to retrieve the camera, and once to go all the way back, lugging the camera. He's not as shock value-heavy as Man VS. Wild, but he seems more hard core. Not only is he all alone, but he's lugging around all of that equipment. I actually give Bear's camera guys as much credit as I give him, because they make the same journey (supplies or no), plus they're lugging around all kinds of equipment - AND NO ONE stops them to ask if they're that badass from the Discovery Channel. No glory for those guys.

luvhoops34
07-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I saw him drink his own pee the other day.http://forums.dragid.com/images/smilies/pukeface.gif

Ugh, gross:eek:

Gsquared
07-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Ugh, gross:eek:
Nuttin wrong with a little urine

raider red 2000
07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
these may be the only guys on earth that could take on chuck norris :)

Crimestick
07-13-2007, 09:16 AM
No way. In an upcoming episode, they are deployed on and have to be airlifted from Chuck Norris.