Marlin vs LaGrange: Marlin

Regional Finals
Bellville vs Marlin: Marlin

Div I Region III Champ Jasper
Div II Region III Champ Marlin

<small>[ July 02, 2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

RBARKER
07-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Looks good to me Matt, But I will pick against you in three spots. 1.) Bridge City over Navasota, Coach Tarver will be tough in his second year.
2.) Liberty over Bellville, Liberty got a taste last year and I believe they can take it to the next level (Upset) and 3.)Crocket over Newton, Newton I think will be down this year (Upset). All this wont matter much because I think your Reg III final picks are right on the money. Good picks

Matthew328
07-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Navasota-Bridge City was really a tough pick....I think BC is a year away from being as good as 2001...and Navasota in its second year in 3A has potential to do tons of damage..Smith is the real deal at TB 1400 yards last year as a sophmore...Navasota if they stay 3A next realignment could be really strong in 2004 also as they could have as many as 11 3 year starters...as for Liberty-Bellville..I think Liberty is a tad bit overrated...Bellville didn't play well against them at all last year and to be honest prolly overlooked them a bit...but if Liberty does pull the upset you guys know I'll be the first one here to take my crow!

Blackcat03
07-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Man it sucks, the 2 best teams from District 19 and 20 have to face each other...

trojandad
07-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the locker room material. Dang, Matt, usually Campbell is rougher on us than you. Oh well, remember where you heard it first.

RBARKER
07-03-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm with ya Trojandad. I believe that Cleveland will not be able to beat Barbers Hill, Coldsprings or Liberty. I think BH will Be DIV I in 2003 and Coldsprings and Liberty will be the DIV II reps again. Any one of these three teams can win District 22-3A this year it will just matter on which team jell's first.

Old Cardinal
07-03-2003, 12:20 PM
RBarker: You may well be right about Cleveland, Coach Al Calaya is one of the best Coaches around-yet he is faced with a maverick bunch to try to corral. If they can keep the bulk of them passing then they will be in the top three teams of 22-3A. If not, it's a toss up between Barbers Hill and Liberty for the District title and yes- Coldspring will slip into the playoffs, again. BH will be strong, I hope they get a chance to go Div. II, they will wreck havoc against those teams that they will meet.

RBARKER
07-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the confidence in BH Old Card. I hope BH goes Div II also; this may be their last year to go DIV II since we are growing so much. Although I would like to see a rematch with Bridge City again. But after this year when the realignment happens I'm sure BH and BC will become annual playoff opponents anyway.

Old Cardinal
07-03-2003, 01:18 PM
To RBARKER: What's your predictions on re-alignment? I hear we both will be in with Wo-S, Silsbee, and possibly Jasper.....

RBARKER
07-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Old Card: I think we will make the cut this time, but the next one I would think Barbers Hill will probablly role into district 21-4A with Dayton, Conroe Oak, Crosby ect. I keep hearing every year that W-OS is on the bubble to move into 3A. Boy could they make some noise in 3A if that happened eek!

Aim_High
07-03-2003, 05:48 PM
I think Caldwell deserves more respect over last year. Lots of good athletes I hear. I expect a good eight-win season before advancing far into playoffs in 2004. Strongest group of sophomores in school history.

the tigers are back
07-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah? It's getting close to football,but let me say this i don't see la grange defeating sealy this year.Well this year we got them at home finally after 3 years since ty-gunn beat us.I don't see bellville losing against liberty, but we know last year they gave the bulls a fair game,and yeah i'm also behind the bulls one of us will represent AUSTIN CO. this year and i sure it be us."no harm tho bulls".NAVASOTA hummm... not a chance against the tigers this year. :D :cool:

bccards
07-03-2003, 09:55 PM
I don't believe that Bridge City will be in the same district as Jasper, Unless Newton makes the move down to 2A which is possible.. If that happens, I still think Jasper will move up to the East Texas area 3A District..
This is the way I predict the new district will be for the 2004-2005 seasons:

District 21-3A
Bridge City
Orangefield
WO-S
Buna
Hamshire-Fannett
Hardin
Hardin-Jefferson
Possibly Silsbee, if not, Kountze if they stay 3A.. If not, I think it'll be a 7 team district as it is now, with WO-S moving in.

I believe that 21-3A will be in an 8 team district come this time next year..

<small>[ July 03, 2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

marlin fan
07-04-2003, 01:26 AM
GO MARLIN WIN STATE wink

Old Cardinal
07-04-2003, 09:10 AM
Boy That might mean BC would get to go Div. II, if WO-S comes down...Ya got to look on the bright side!

exbccards76'smom
07-04-2003, 09:18 AM
I believe Kountze will finally drop to 2a next time. Being an alumni, I hope so for their sake. It was hard to watch Bridge City beat them so bad. Bridge City is gonna surprise some people.

bccards
07-04-2003, 09:19 AM
But if this 4 playoff team stuff comes a reality, which it probably will b/c the UIL Likes the extra cash inflow, There will be 64 teams each DIV 1 and DIV 2 .. Will be interesting come next year with all these possible changes!

Old Cardinal
07-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Good observation, BCCards: That is just another money grab by the UIL. First of all, they need to have equal number of teams in each District!...That is why they put 9 teams in the local 4A, because traditionally several SE Texas teams were capable of climbing the Brackets, in the same year. Now, WO-S, Vidor, Nederland, PNG and others, have to slug it out within one District...I heard that they were going to lump BC in a 9 team district in 3A and arrange for many many other Districts to have 5 or 6 teams.That way, nearly all of them(5-6 per District) can make the playoffs-that's the talk anyway.

Aim_High
07-04-2003, 01:08 PM
I think Sealy might be pipedreamin'..... TJ is gone. Snap out of it. It's all a dream....

the tigers are back
07-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Oh my... i must have got on someone's toe's excuse me, but i want you to know that mills was not in those football pads in those state games, but you must not aim high if you can't come down. I promise you this ; our guns are loaded this year according to the coach's staff and former state players say's that this year front line for the tigers are the best; and when you got someone like emeal andrus with 4.3 speed and a power blocker like ----- sl------r and two power houses just came to program hey i wan't say to much more, but i promise we will be in the race this year. A "PROMISE "is made to be kept ;now what team do you represent. We only lost two key players on off/def we don't have to wonder nor dream ,it's a fact. :) eek! eek!

exbccards76'smom
07-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Don't ya'll think that 4 teams to the playoffs is watering down the mix some? just wondering. wink

Old Dog
07-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Yes I do 76'smom....there have been several threads on similar subjects and it seems that most agree with you. I dislike it VERY much. But,,,,,,as someone else stated, "the cream will rise to the top" and 95% of those 3-7 teams will be ousted in the first round.

trojandad
07-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the props, guys. I agree on our chances. I'm telling you, though, to have a coach that the guys enjoy hanging with is so refreshing, if we go 1-9 this year, it beats the heck out of the mood on last year's sideline. Want proof? Remember how nobody could figure out how we lost to Tarkington last year after they hadn't won a single game all year? Anyway, instead of cursing that darkness, we're SO grateful to have a light. A WONDERFUL coach who was a dear friend of Coach Peveto, our coach during the state runs. So if peace means anything, everyone's in trouble this year.

exbccards76'smom
07-06-2003, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Dog:
<strong>Yes I do 76'smom....there have been several threads on similar subjects and it seems that most agree with you. I dislike it VERY much. But,,,,,,as someone else stated, "the cream will rise to the top" and 95% of those 3-7 teams will be ousted in the first round.</strong>[/QUOTe

yep, this is true. I'm just ready for some FOOTBALL!!! :D

Aim_High
07-06-2003, 08:21 AM
They just as soon pretend the first district game is bi-district and the season finale is for the state title just for the sake of making all the players feel "special." whatever.....

A 2-8 team in the playoffs? Surely you jest.

BIGRED001
07-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Old Cardinal:
To RBARKER: What's your predictions on re-alignment? I hear we both will be in with Wo-S, Silsbee, and possibly Jasper.....If WOS moves down. Both WOS and BC would do some real destroying down in the 3A. WOS taking D1 to new heights and BC going strong in D2. We have been rivals with WOS for years....it sure would be good to see this move benefit our future

bc 76
07-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Jasper could compete with WOS but i don't think Bridge City can.

bccards
07-07-2003, 11:03 AM
bc 76:
Jasper could compete with WOS but i don't think Bridge City can.WO-S is not the power house that they used to be. Trust me. They will make some noise in 3A, but I assure you Bridge City will be able to compete with WO-S.

Old Cardinal
07-07-2003, 12:24 PM
I agree BCCards, the Division I Championship for Region III, would be between WO-S and Jasper. Bridge City can definately challenge WO-S in District-- and for the next two years with that wealth of speed and talent they should win Division II.

PPHSfan
07-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Yes if Bridge City can find that magic they had back in 1975 the last time they beat West Orange Stark, they should be able to give them Hell. :D

Owen B
07-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Bridge City ... for the next two years with that wealth of speed and talent they should win Division II.Marlin, Newton, La Grange, Bellville, and a few others might disagree.

<small>[ July 07, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Owen B ]</small>

bccards
07-07-2003, 12:56 PM
PPHSfan:
Yes if Bridge City can find that magic they had back in 1975 the last time they beat West Orange Stark, they should be able to give them Hell. :D If you REALLY want to get Technical PPHSfan, Bridge City has NEVER beaten "West Orange-Stark" but has beaten West Orange High School, and Stark High School, but never as a consolidated ISD, lol.. WO-S is NOT the powerhouse that everyone thinks they're going to be in 3A.. They'll do just fine in 3A, but Again, BC will fair just fine against WO-S nowdays.. Guess we'll hafta wait a year at least to see..lol..

<small>[ July 07, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

PPHSfan
07-07-2003, 01:01 PM
Well if the re-alignment numbers go the way I think they will, chances are better that Bridge City will find themselves back in 4A with WOS rather than the other way around. I think 3A is going to shrink on both ends of enrollment.

the tigers are back
07-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Oh i know you not talking about the sealy tigers with a 2-8 record never in our history far as i can remember we never had a record such as that, but you know what if you are from caldwell i never seen the broken down hornets in the playoffs bracket. We went 7-3 last year we lost both coin flips, but we know that columbus nor navasota had no business in the playoffs; and yes navasota shut us out in some nasty weather wich we couldn't stand up on the messesd up snake pit,but not to make any excuses we lost the game, but this year they will be in the jungle ha! ha !ha!ha!. I JUST WISH WE COULD PLAY YOU'LL BUT OFCOURSE YOU'LL WILL NEVER MAKE IT OH MY...sorry to shoot you down like that , but you are aiming to high come down clown. :D eek! :mad:

bccards
07-07-2003, 06:09 PM
PPHS, Are you thinking that the UIL is going to be lowering the 4A Cutoff to about 750? Bridge City is about 150 kids shy of 4A right now.. Where WO-S as of last realignment had 913.5, the top number for 3A Cutoff is 899..

Aim_High
07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Mr. Sealy, Eric Dickerson and Fred Smith were yesterday's news the last time I checked and by the way the comment about 2-8 had nothing to do with you or your "let's recruit from East Bernard and Brookshire Royal" school. Bellville's got your number and the state of Texas is lovin' it. Perhpas if you weren't so neurotic and PARANOID and a tad more literate (that means if you can read, by the way), you would have realized the 2-8 remark was about the previous postings concerning the proposed watered-down system of letting four teams in the playoffs. ONe word: Moron

Matthew328
07-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Look for 3A to shrink on both ends....WOS likely will still be 4A and a lot of big 3A's will be moving up..3A will feel the brunt of the changes come Febraury

big69
07-09-2003, 01:53 PM
bccards,
Or the UIL can mess up their district like they did 11-5A, Lufkin Longview Tyler Lee and John Tyler. But I don't think that will happen!

big69
07-09-2003, 01:56 PM
<small>[ July 09, 2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: big69 ]</small>

bccards
07-09-2003, 05:25 PM
If this scenerio happens, I still have a feeling that Bridge City will remain a very large 3A school. You never know what's going to happen with the UIL.. I just don't think the numbers are going to drop 150 kids on the top side to affect BC. If this really happens, I agree with you Matthew, that WO-S will remain 4A.. Don'tcha love it.. Re-Alignment this go around is going to be the most interesting than in years past..

trojandad
07-09-2003, 07:36 PM
When did this topic shift from Region 3 playoff pridictions to Region 3 realignment predictions?

Old Cardinal
07-09-2003, 08:07 PM
I look for the cut to be 450 to 850, based on the talk. But you know it they can make more money for the UIL coffers, then they will do 4 team making the playoffs in five team Districts across large parts of the State and lump the ones they don't like into 8 team Districts, like they have done Region III.

La Grange
07-07-2004, 05:54 PM
I moved this up for all of the WOS fans to have alittle chuckle :D . This also shows how good Old Cardinal is at seeing into the future :D .

Old Tiger
07-07-2004, 06:10 PM
that's old! lol