PDA

View Full Version : Lady Bird Johnson has died

kaorder1999
07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Former first lady Lady Bird Johnson dies

Lady Bird Johnson was a demure East Texas girl whose hunger for adventure teamed her with the tornadic personality of an aspiring politician.

The successful chemistry between her and Lyndon B. Johnson carried them to the White House, where she subtly transformed the role of first lady and left an indelible imprint on Texas and the nation.

“Mrs. Johnson is every bit as complex a character as Lyndon Johnson,” said her biographer, Jan Jarboe Russell of San Antonio. “Future historians will find her to be a treasure house” once her unedited diaries and tapes are made public.

Mrs. Johnson died Wednesday. At 94, she was the oldest living former first lady. Services are pending.

LH Panther Mom
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
:( RIP

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Former first lady Lady Bird Johnson dies

Lady Bird Johnson was a demure East Texas girl whose hunger for adventure teamed her with the tornadic personality of an aspiring politician.

The successful chemistry between her and Lyndon B. Johnson carried them to the White House, where she subtly transformed the role of first lady and left an indelible imprint on Texas and the nation.

“Mrs. Johnson is every bit as complex a character as Lyndon Johnson,” said her biographer, Jan Jarboe Russell of San Antonio. “Future historians will find her to be a treasure house” once her unedited diaries and tapes are made public.

Mrs. Johnson died Wednesday. At 94, she was the oldest living former first lady. Services are pending.

:(

although i honestly didn't know she was still alive

kaorder1999
07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I know this isnt the greatest time to bring this up but I have always thought t hat a lot of Johnson-Kennedy stuff would be let out after her passing. I guess we will see!!