PDA

View Full Version : Faculty In Tough Schools

maroonpirate04
07-11-2007, 05:05 PM
The other day I was watching Lean On Me. And starting thinking that I'm glad I never went to a school that had violence and gangs, It would've been hard to actually go to school. Especially the faculty who have to face everyday of being disrespected by kids. It takes courage and determination to make a difference in teaching this kids. Even though we don't see it. It's really happening at other schools.

Haunta Yo
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
"Teachers" isn't on your list...I liked 'em.

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
The other day I was watching Lean On Me. And starting thinking that I'm glad I never went to a school that had violence and gangs, It would've been hard to actually go to school. Especially the faculty who have to face everyday of being disrespected by kids. It takes courage and determination to make a difference in teaching this kids. Even though we don't see it. It's really happening at other schools.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have much respect for teachers everywhere, but especially those in places that need it most and fight it the most!

Matthew328
07-11-2007, 06:04 PM
We had a principal like Mr. Clark from "Lean on Me" at Everman....when I got there it was not a safe place to be....drugs being sold in the halls by students not even attending school there, gangs, guns etc...during passing period teachers wouldn't even go out in the hall...

By the time I graduated things had changed big time....

JR2004
07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Lean On Me would be my choice because it reminds quite a bit of Madison's not too distant past. I still recall the chains on the doors up there just like in the movie as well as several other elements from that movie that were things you'd also find up there too happening on a daily basis. To teach up at Madison requires a bit of intestinal fortitude sometimes, but I think it's worth it to the men and women who do it and make a difference there just like some of the teachers from Lean On Me.

Emerson1
07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
We had a racist principle who is leaving and one get fired for sexual harassment this past year

piratebg
07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Personally, I enjoyed the faculty from The Faculty. :D

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Stand and Deliver

No doubt