PDA

View Full Version : do you know the metric system?

DU_stud04
07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
and if so, do you use it? am i the only one that finds it alot easier to use, talk with others in dimensions , conversions are so easy....why do we still use such a faulty system that no one else cares about?

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 05:10 PM
did you know that a second is defined as the amount of time it takes for one nuclear breakdown from a cesium atom (or something like that, i'm just too lazy to look it up)

DU_stud04
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
did you know that a second is defined as the amount of time it takes for one nuclear breakdown from a cesium atom (or something like that, i'm just too lazy to look it up) single caesium atom at rest emitting a single frequency....at 0 Kelvin

the second should compensate for the effects of the ambient temperature (blackbody radiation)

black body is an object that absorbs all electromagnetic radiation that falls onto it...no radiation passes through it and none is reflected

blah blah blah..... y'all don't care anyways.

jason
07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
did you know they added ginormous to the dictionary....

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
single caesium atom at rest emitting a single frequency....at 0 Kelvin

the second should compensate for the effects of the ambient temperature (blackbody radiation)

black body is an object that absorbs all electromagnetic radiation that falls onto it...no radiation passes through it and none is reflected

blah blah blah..... y'all don't care anyways.

blackbody radiation is a bigger deal in astrophysics, though

and jason, my wife told me about the addition of 'ginormous' while i was at work this afternoon!

this is certainly a momentous occasion

DU_stud04
07-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
blackbody radiation is a bigger deal in astrophysics, though

and jason, my wife told me about the addition of 'ginormous' while i was at work this afternoon!

this is certainly a momentous occasion i do not need astrophysics so im not worried..haha

yay for ginormous....its about time. :D