PDA

View Full Version : 2007 HS Football Predictions

IHStangFan
07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
as per IHStangFan.....(not picking big and small school reps...just picking my favs for best teams out of each region, big or small)

Region I: my favs are Monahans and Decatur, and as a darkhorse I also like Greenwood's chances.

Region II: I like Celina and Gilmer, darkhorse being Royse City

Region III: I like West Orange Stark and Giddings, w/ Needville as my darkhorse.

Region IV: I like Hondo and Cuero, but I also like Wimberley, w/ Ingleside as my darkhorse.

Go ahead and mark me down for WOS in the state champ. game. When I have more time, maybe I'll break it down into my large and small school favs. from each Reg.

Now that I've just jinxed the crap outa everyone on this list...lets see what you guys (and girls) have to say about yall's favs.

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
WOW,

NO LIBERTY HILL!

rangerjim
07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Decatur lost some good players to graduation. I know Coach Story has a great crop of younger players. Hard to tell what Decatur will do but great coaches always seem to regroup every year.

IHStangFan
07-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
WOW,

NO LIBERTY HILL! call me crazy :D

carter08
07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I agree with your Region III

Giddings will go far
WOS is always good
Needville will surprise people

SintonFan_inAustin
07-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
call me crazy :D Crazy :)

looks ok but the road to a State Championship runs thru Liberty Hill ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I have a fever....

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 01:03 PM
wow, i don't like any of the region 3 choices!

:eek:

no graham, vernon, snyder, or any other team from IP's district?

decatur will still win their district, but even after unbeaten regular seasons the last two years they haven't made much noise in the playoffs (not since before that anyway) and they lost a good deal from the '06 squad.

Doesn't seem to equate to a regional favorite, but maybe IHS has some inside information;) :D

of course, at least he's willing to throw his opinions on all the regions out there, which a lot of others don't do (and then complain when they don't like it)

:clap:

thanks IHS for giving us a football thread!

IHStangFan
07-11-2007, 01:50 PM
wow, i don't like any of the region 3 choices!

:eek:

no graham, vernon, snyder, or any other team from IP's district?

decatur will still win their district, but even after unbeaten regular seasons the last two years they haven't made much noise in the playoffs (not since before that anyway) and they lost a good deal from the '06 squad.

Doesn't seem to equate to a regional favorite, but maybe IHS has some inside information;) :D

of course, at least he's willing to throw his opinions on all the regions out there, which a lot of others don't do (and then complain when they don't like it)

:clap:

thanks IHS for giving us a football thread! Thanks guys. Ya know, I thought about Vernon, but it doesn't look like theyre bringing alot back from what I've seen, but then again I could be wrong. Snyder is a possible I guess. Decatur, call it a gut feeling. Again, I could be way off, as I don't follow much ball out that way, but based on what I've read and whatnot, they seem like a logical pick. Region III though, I have to disagree, I think WOS is gonna be a powerhouse this year. Heck, they lost to who was it? Giddings or Gilmer by what? less than a TD? Theyre the real deal, write it down.

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks guys. Ya know, I thought about Vernon, but it doesn't look like theyre bringing alot back from what I've seen, but then again I could be wrong. Snyder is a possible I guess. Decatur, call it a gut feeling. Again, I could be way off, as I don't follow much ball out that way, but based on what I've read and whatnot, they seem like a logical pick. Region III though, I have to disagree, I think WOS is gonna be a powerhouse this year. Heck, they lost to who was it? Giddings or Gilmer by what? less than a TD? Theyre the real deal, write it down.

Giddings beat WOS 21-17 last year, but they return only 8 starters

IHStangFan
07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Giddings beat WOS 21-17 last year, but they return only 8 starters WOS doesnt rebuild, they reload. They've got the talent to compete and I have a hunch they will.

buff4life
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Giddings beat WOS 21-17 last year, but they return only 8 starters

for disagreeing with the region III picks...you don't know much about it...the score was 21-13

Ranger Mom
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm flattered to be considered a darkhorse!!:D

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
for disagreeing with the region III picks...you don't know much about it...the score was 21-13

does it really matter?

i think that being off by four in the loser's score of a second-round playoff game a year ago, amongst the other 62 games in the Division II bracket, hardly disqualifies my opinions on the potential outcome of a region's picks, especially since i pulled it from memory

of course, i'm not a fan of giddings, so after a while, i only concern myself with what that result meant

lostaussie
07-11-2007, 07:34 PM
WOW,

NO LIBERTY HILL! or liberty eylau................shame on you for not picking both defending state champs:D

LH Panther Mom
07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
or liberty eylau................shame on you for not picking both defending state champs:D I don't mind us being overlooked. ;)

lostaussie
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't mind us being overlooked. ;) i know you don't. i'm pretty sure L/E doesn't either:D

buff4life
07-11-2007, 08:18 PM
does it really matter?

i think that being off by four in the loser's score of a second-round playoff game a year ago, amongst the other 62 games in the Division II bracket, hardly disqualifies my opinions on the potential outcome of a region's picks, especially since i pulled it from memory

of course, i'm not a fan of giddings, so after a while, i only concern myself with what that result meant

you were dissing the region III picks..which giddings was one of...as if you knew something about them and you didn't put the score up right so something didnt' add up..stick to your region

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
you were dissing the region III picks..which giddings was one of...as if you knew something about them and you didn't put the score up right so something didnt' add up..stick to your region

:rolleyes:

I think i have a track record that speaks for itself

i know enough about Region III to have an informed opinion about who the best could be

Liberty Hill is my pick

and i did make a mistake---i meant to put Region 1 up in that post, since that was what the post was referring to, but instead i put region 3---which i didn't even mention again in the thread

i don't agree with region 1, but i agreed with most of region 3

charlesrixey
07-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys. Ya know, I thought about Vernon, but it doesn't look like theyre bringing alot back from what I've seen, but then again I could be wrong. Snyder is a possible I guess. Decatur, call it a gut feeling. Again, I could be way off, as I don't follow much ball out that way, but based on what I've read and whatnot, they seem like a logical pick. Region III though, I have to disagree, I think WOS is gonna be a powerhouse this year. Heck, they lost to who was it? Giddings or Gilmer by what? less than a TD? Theyre the real deal, write it down.

That was my bad, IHS!

The top of that post should read Region I, not region III!
:D ;)

IHStangFan
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
That was my bad, IHS!

The top of that post should read Region I, not region III!
:D ;) LOL....okay, gotcha. To be honest, I made my picks based on what I read in Dave Campbell's nothing more. L/E lost their big stud QB....one reason I didn't pick them. LH, well, honestly, I just think Giddings and WOS will be better, sorry if some don't like my picks...but get over it ;)

necks_c/09
07-12-2007, 02:01 AM
how can u not pick TLE?....they return 7/7 from the state title team and they have LaMichael James at Rb.....theyre almost a guarantee......

buff4life
07-12-2007, 02:09 AM
:rolleyes:

I think i have a track record that speaks for itself

i know enough about Region III to have an informed opinion about who the best could be

Liberty Hill is my pick

and i did make a mistake---i meant to put Region 1 up in that post, since that was what the post was referring to, but instead i put region 3---which i didn't even mention again in the thread

i don't agree with region 1, but i agreed with most of region 3

then i forgive with you...

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2007, 06:48 AM
LH, well, honestly, I just think Giddings and WOS will be better, sorry if some don't like my picks...but get over it ;)
Better? Could be....it was said they were better last year as well. ;) As for me, it honestly doesn't matter who anyone on here picks as the best teams. All the kids and coaches still get to play the games to decide who's better. :)

Crimestick
07-12-2007, 11:01 PM

Don't you guys read Dave Campbell? His folks have us (WO-S) second in our own district.
Honestly, I think we'll win our district, but we are very young. While, yes, we typically are a "don't rebuild but reload" team, we lost two bigtime DI receivers and our QB. Now, the incoming QB was undefeated in JV last year and looked a lot like Deon Beasley in his action during that 60-0 first-round pounding of Liberty last year, but he's still inexperienced at the varsity level.
We also lost two great offensive coaches, while the one who couldn't call a sneak (with a 6'5 QB) to punch it in from the one yard line to beat Giddings (on four plays) remains.
In summation, I think we'll contend at some level, win the district, maybe win a game or two in the postseason. I don't think we'll be state champs - or finalists - this year.
Of course, the last time I was this certain that we would have a tougher year was 2000, when we ended up 15-1, losing to Ennis in the 4A championship (after beating LaMarque, Friendswood, Calallen and Jasper en route).
Who knows?

buff4life
07-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Don't you guys read Dave Campbell? His folks have us (WO-S) second in our own district.
Honestly, I think we'll win our district, but we are very young. While, yes, we typically are a "don't rebuild but reload" team, we lost two bigtime DI receivers and our QB. Now, the incoming QB was undefeated in JV last year and looked a lot like Deon Beasley in his action during that 60-0 first-round pounding of Liberty last year, but he's still inexperienced at the varsity level.
We also lost two great offensive coaches, while the one who couldn't call a sneak (with a 6'5 QB) to punch it in from the one yard line to beat Giddings (on four plays) remains.
In summation, I think we'll contend at some level, win the district, maybe win a game or two in the postseason. I don't think we'll be state champs - or finalists - this year.
Of course, the last time I was this certain that we would have a tougher year was 2000, when we ended up 15-1, losing to Ennis in the 4A championship (after beating LaMarque, Friendswood, Calallen and Jasper en route).
Who knows?

easy there compadre...to beat Giddings? how about to take the lead?

Crimestick
07-13-2007, 03:01 AM
True dat. My point was really about our inept OC, not the game. It was just an example of a simple decision that was goofed in a critical situation - just one of many.
But you're right - to take the lead late in the game.

BILLYFRED0000
07-13-2007, 05:41 AM
LOL....okay, gotcha. To be honest, I made my picks based on what I read in Dave Campbell's nothing more. L/E lost their big stud QB....one reason I didn't pick them. LH, well, honestly, I just think Giddings and WOS will be better, sorry if some don't like my picks...but get over it ;)

You may be right about III. LH did lose some good guys and that region is tough. Celina has some teams to worry about but probably not until at least round 3. Hard to say. This year our district will be a little tougher than last year. Pilot Point is better and so is Prosper. I don't think Bonham can be as bad as they were last year and Frisco Wakeland will have Seniors this year. So they ought to be better. I think we will be about the same as last year maybe a little better on O and just a shade weaker on D.
I still think LH will be a force to be reckoned with but not sure who comes out on top this year in III. II is more predictable to me than most.

buff4life
07-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
True dat. My point was really about our inept OC, not the game. It was just an example of a simple decision that was goofed in a critical situation - just one of many.
But you're right - to take the lead late in the game.

i couldn't agree with you more about the play calling....i was very surprised as well...

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 04:02 PM
thanks for the insight guys and gals. After mulling it over and whanot w/ other reps. from Div. IV, some say PI will be better this year. If that is so, then they might be someone to watch in that Region, as I think Ingleside will be a notch down from last year. They lost some very key components. I'm hopeful that Needville will live up to the hype in Reg. III. Rumors are that Cuero will be down a hair this year as well? Any truth to that? I would love to get to see the Fitzhenry kid from Giddings play this year. Any recommendations on a game to watch of Giddings?

pirate4state
08-07-2007, 04:27 PM
thanks for the insight guys and gals. After mulling it over and whanot w/ other reps. from Div. IV, some say PI will be better this year. If that is so, then they might be someone to watch in that Region, as I think Ingleside will be a notch down from last year. They lost some very key components. I'm hopeful that Needville will live up to the hype in Reg. III. Rumors are that Cuero will be down a hair this year as well? Any truth to that? I would love to get to see the Fitzhenry kid from Giddings play this year. Any recommendations on a game to watch of Giddings?

I'll be at the Bellville-Giddings game. It's at the Pasture of Pain this year. I don't know what Bellville has returning, but this should still be a good game.

And as I was looking over this thread I kept thinking....is today the 13th??? Then it hit me - this was done back in JULY!! :doh: :crazy1:

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 04:33 PM
LOL..yeah, I lost track of it and wanted to see where it had gone. Bellville -vs- Giddings huh? thats close enough for us to get up to it. I don't know if it'll be much of a game though. The rumor is that Bellville has lost just about everyone that made the Bramas tick last year. Hope it is not entirely true.

pirate4state
08-07-2007, 04:37 PM
LOL..yeah, I lost track of it and wanted to see where it had gone. Bellville -vs- Giddings huh? thats close enough for us to get up to it. I don't know if it'll be much of a game though. The rumor is that Bellville has lost just about everyone that made the Bramas tick last year. Hope it is not entirely true. :eek: shhhhhhhhhhh it's still a big rivarly, i think - i mean their threads get just as bad as Sinton/GP and Sinton/Ingleside....still it could be fun.

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: shhhhhhhhhhh it's still a big rivarly, i think - i mean their threads get just as bad as Sinton/GP and Sinton/Ingleside....still it could be fun. oh dont get me wrong, reguardless of the competition level I'm going to see the Fitzhenry kid!

pirate4state
08-07-2007, 04:39 PM
oh dont get me wrong, reguardless of the competition level I'm going to see the Fitzhenry kid! well there you go & you get to see me :p bonus! LMAO :tongue:

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 04:41 PM
well there you go & you get to see me :p bonus! LMAO :tongue: "ever take it off of any sweet jumps?" maybe we can get Russ and Amanda to drive over for the game as well. I'm pretty sure Russ is up near Huntsville somewhere. You never can tell w/ that nomad though, hes here, hes there, BDR is EVERYWHERE!! LOL...cept for here on the board lately. Where the crap is he? Speaking of other MIAs, have you heard from Boosty lately? (Geezus, I'm hijacking my own thread)

pirate4state
08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
"ever take it off of any sweet jumps?" maybe we can get Russ and Amanda to drive over for the game as well. I'm pretty sure Russ is up near Huntsville somewhere. You never can tell w/ that nomad though, hes here, hes there, BDR is EVERYWHERE!! LOL...cept for here on the board lately. Where the crap is he? Speaking of other MIAs, have you heard from Boosty lately? (Geezus, I'm hijacking my own thread)

LOL ~~ Last I heard from Russ he was job searching in Houston, but still living in Huntsville. Boosty is back in Hondo. :( He doesn't check in anymore, but maybe once football rolls around he'll be back to talk Owl power.

But we definately need to get Russ & Amanda to that game too. Hey, maybe G2 & Angel Eyes will show up, I think we talked about meeting up at that game.

Okay, back to predictions:

IF Sinton makes it out of pre-district healthy, we might be in the hunt for the playoffs, BUT if we get more injuries than we do wins, we might miss the playoffs for the first time in a very long time!!! :eek: :eek: I'm trying to hold onto the faith, but I'm also trying NOT to be a homer this year! :p

We talked about this earlier, but I'll put it down here: Aransas Pass is my dark horse this year in our district. It could very well be: Ingleside, AP & West Oso headed to the playoffs this year!!! :eek: :eek: :hairpunk:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Okay, back to predictions:

IF Sinton makes it out of pre-district healthy, we might be in the hunt for the playoffs, BUT if we get more injuries than we do wins, we might miss the playoffs for the first time in a very long time!!! :eek: :eek: I'm trying to hold onto the faith, but I'm also trying NOT to be a homer this year! :p

We talked about this earlier, but I'll put it down here: Aransas Pass is my dark horse this year in our district. It could very well be: Ingleside, AP & West Oso headed to the playoffs this year!!! :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :) there is hope for us fans, i have no chance to see them practice, unless i get to go do some work in Sinton. So plz keep us fans inform how the team looks for this year. When is the Taft scrimmage?

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 04:59 PM
:::::trying....to...stay...on topic..must fight it::::::: LOL

Yeah, AP is picked last in the district, but you just never know w/ them. If you guys stay healthy, and the coach is able to get the kids to buy into the new system early, ya'll will be alright. Ingleside lost a bunch (not in terms of starters as everyone seems fixated on but) in terms of key components, i.e. Zach Adams, Joel Johnson, Justin Chambers, etc. Hesseltine seems to always find a way though...each year since hes been there I've thought to myself "man we wont be as good this year, we lost too much" only for the Mustangs to come out better than the year pervious, so who knows what hes got up his sleeve this year. Orange Grove lost their star I'm told. That team last year was good!! BUT, I don't think that happens too often for OG. West Oso, I know nothing about them this year. Weren't they just young last year? buncha sophs? Whats the scoop on them. I also know very little about Mathis this year.

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:) there is hope for us fans, i have no chance to see them practice, unless i get to go do some work in Sinton. So plz keep us fans inform how the team looks for this year. When is the Taft scrimmage? you mean the slaughter? :p

pirate4state
08-07-2007, 05:01 PM
:) there is hope for us fans, i have no chance to see them practice, unless i get to go do some work in Sinton. So plz keep us fans inform how the team looks for this year. When is the Taft scrimmage?

Taft scrimmage is the 18th I believe. That will probably be the first scrimmage I can attend. Coach Allen is very posistive and the players are upbeat and that's what counts. They are working hard and hey, I've been wrong before.

pirate4state
08-07-2007, 05:03 PM
you mean the slaughter? :p

I actually think we lost to Taft last year in that scrimmage! :doh: :doh: I need to see if I still have my write up after attending that scrimmage. :thinking: I didn't put up here b/c well, I just didn't...but I'm pretty sure I sent it out to pirate44, sinton66 & sintonfan in email...

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I actually think we lost to Taft last year in that scrimmage! :doh: :doh: I need to see if I still have my write up after attending that scrimmage. :thinking: I didn't put up here b/c well, I just didn't...but I'm pretty sure I sent it out to pirate44, sinton66 & sintonfan in email... I think yall will be better than last year. I may be WAY off w/ this, but it just seemed like Mitchell knew he was on his way out last year and kinda mailed it in. The result, Sinton football suffered. If I'm off base please correct me. On the flip side to that, I'm curious as to what he's gonna do w/ Sealy.

Who-dun-it!!?
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm more of a fare weather fan. I'll sit back and watch. Hope for the best, and at the end, I'll brag about there success or make up excuses for there failure. Either way I won't miss a game this year. I got plenty of sick time built up!!!

Cameron Crazy
08-07-2007, 05:29 PM
As long as Celina doesnt win im good.! :D

footballgal
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Crazy :)

looks ok but the road to a State Championship runs thru Liberty Hill ;)

+1 :D

JR2004
08-07-2007, 06:33 PM
as per IHStangFan.....(not picking big and small school reps...just picking my favs for best teams out of each region, big or small)

Region I: my favs are Monahans and Decatur, and as a darkhorse I also like Greenwood's chances.

Region II: I like Celina and Gilmer, darkhorse being Royse City

Region III: I like West Orange Stark and Giddings, w/ Needville as my darkhorse.

Region IV: I like Hondo and Cuero, but I also like Wimberley, w/ Ingleside as my darkhorse.

Go ahead and mark me down for WOS in the state champ. game. When I have more time, maybe I'll break it down into my large and small school favs. from each Reg.

Now that I've just jinxed the crap outa everyone on this list...lets see what you guys (and girls) have to say about yall's favs.

Don't really know that much about Region 1 or 4 so I'll just do 2 and 3.

Best three teams in Region II all reside in the D1 bracket. I think the D1 state champ this year will come out of a group of Gilmer, Eylau or Royse City. I'd say Roosevelt could be a darkhorse in the D1 bracket, but I'm not all that impressed with their ability to put together a good game plan that will take advantage of McNeil's considerable abilities. D II is even more down that it was last season so Celina should probably have a cakewalk through another watered down region again and will probably donkey stomp whoever gets to be the Region 1 rep.

Region III I mainly keep up with district 17 now. I think LaVega has a very strong chance to be the winner of the region if they get off to a good start again this season and build up momentum for the playoffs. If that ground game is working and the JT Sweep is firing on all cylinders, I don't know anyone in the DII bracket in the region that can slow down their offense. I'm guessing it could come down to a game against Giddings again to decide who wins the DII bracket this time around or Liberty Hill could throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing and win the region again and have a good shot to defend their title from there. :)

dogdad
08-07-2007, 06:45 PM
JR, I don't usually find myself agreeing with you, but your assessment of region 2 is right on the mark IMHO.

buff4life
08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
i'll be at the bellvilel game to...i'll come down from austin for that game...

burnet44
08-07-2007, 07:00 PM
LaVega may have lost too many linemen to be as good
Plus you never know who is gonna show up
I dont thnk they will be as strong

lion75
08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Snyder will be very strong. The word in Vernon is that we may be better than last year, but might not go as far because Snyder will be so strong. Graham should be in that discussion as well.

sinton66
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
call me crazy :D

Yup, that would be the word for it.:D

IHStangFan
08-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yup, that would be the word for it.:D we'll see ;)