PDA

View Full Version : two more Star Tournament tagged redfish brought in...

Gobbla2001
07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
two more of the tagged redfish for CCA's Star Tournament have been brought in to checkpoints, they are now deceased... the people who caught them were NOT entered in the tournament... sobs let the thing go so I can win a freaking truck and boat...

necks_c/09
07-11-2007, 06:16 AM
i hear that....last year i got 4th place in the upper coast teen trout division.....i led the tourney from may 24....till august sumthin

anyway...i dont care to much about redfish though....im more of a trout person myself...

Gobbla2001
07-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
i hear that....last year i got 4th place in the upper coast teen trout division.....i led the tourney from may 24....till august sumthin

anyway...i dont care to much about redfish though....im more of a trout person myself...

I like some trout too... they jiggle that line and make that run toword you that you can't explain... they put up such a fight in that short minute (unless they're 24+, then they give you more)...

but those reds... mmm... they got it goin' on if you fish 'em right (and don't try to reel 'em in at 90 mph... let 'em run)... I'll hook him, reel a tad and just let him go for a bit... let him wear himself out...

Gobbla2001
07-11-2007, 10:20 PM
btw, I just read that these two catches are awaiting results from a polygraph test... more than likely these will be the two first winners of the truck and boat combo.... 5 tagged reds brought in by non-Star fishermen... since these are most-likely being approved: Two legit tagged reds... 3 places left for the truck/boat combo, then another 5 for just the boat...

44INAROW
07-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Mr44inarow got 2nd place in the Mid Coast Trout Division in 2003 - he was 1/4 of an ounce from winning the whole enchilada....... he did end up with a $500 Gift Certificate to Academy and a nice plaque...... oh and we won't even discuss what it cost to mount that sucker..... He caught it Memorial Day weekend and was in the lead until the 2nd to last weekend......

necks_c/09
07-12-2007, 01:44 AM
nice...what was the weight and length.....mine was 28 1/2 inches but only 6 lbs 6 oz...thing was anemic...anyhow....nice fish

44INAROW
07-12-2007, 08:47 AM
he's the one at Seaworthy Marine........ I forgot how long it was- I have a picture on my home computer, I'll post later - but here is a Permit Fish he caught off-shore in Florida last summer...(if it's too big - can someone resize for me?)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/IMG_4335.jpg

2003 Speckled Trout Division -- Middle Coast back to top

8 pound minimum weight

WINNER: 8 LBS. 8 OZS MIKE STAUDT
of Wharton, TX LINDA’S BAIT CAMP

1. 8 LBS. 7 OZS. TRAVIS SPEARS
of Cuero, TX SEAWORTHY MARINE SUPPLY
2. 8 LBS. 7 OZS CAMERON CULP
of Florence, TX
SEAWORTHY MARINE SUPPLY
3. 8 LBS. 5 OZS MICHAEL BURT
of Port Aransas, TX WOODY’S SPORTS CTR