PDA

View Full Version : Durant and Oden

eagles_victory
07-09-2007, 10:46 PM
I know its just summer league but these guys are of to a slow start. Oden is setting foul records with 19 fouls in 2 games not quite sure how that works and Durant is going to have to get on a hot shooting streak to get back up to being dredful from the field

Bulldog_12
07-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Just to back into this and hijack slightly, Acie will be playing his first game for the Hawks this Friday. I hope Friday the 13th doesn't curse him.

Txbroadcaster
07-09-2007, 10:48 PM
not surprising..ESPN.com had stats about how bad Tim Duncan looked when he first started

Adidas410s
07-09-2007, 10:54 PM
The foul thing isn't much to worry about. The officials are trying out new things and techniques so that's why they give 10 fouls instead of 6.

Durant and Oden both have one thing in common though. Their first shot vs the Mavs was blocked by Diop!!! :)

g$$
07-10-2007, 04:49 AM
They will be both be fine, let's not forget their age. I still think Durant will be a beast & possibly a once in a generation type talent.

What you are seeing is a product of the NBA - rushing kids to the league who are not ready. College is a good thing. Maturity is a good thing. Any wonder why ratings are down big-time across the board in the NBA? The final product is not the same as it used to be, plain & simple. It takes time. You don't see single A baseball players in the big leagues do you? Oden & Durant will be fine in time, but it will require growing pains. Kobe Bryant was drafted by the Hornets - now look at him in LA. Bird & Magic did their time. Jordan did too. T-Mac sat on the bench in Toronto. Jermaine O'Neal was a bust his 1st 2 years. It takes time.

g$$
07-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not surprising..ESPN.com had stats about how bad Tim Duncan looked when he first started

Agreed, but your comment has nothing to do with you being an unabashed Texas "fan" does it? Just wondering...how about a little objectivity (TO not withstanding)??