PDA

View Full Version : NFL Off Season Power Rankings July 2007 Part 1

burnet44
07-09-2007, 10:09 AM
NFL Off Season Power Rankings (2007-08)

Everyone is talking about baseball and their mid-season Analysis'. What about all those football fans out there? These are my off-season Power Rankings based on schedule strength and off season pickups/losses.

1. New England Patriots-They acquired Randy Moss in the off season and if they sign Samuel, their defense will be topnotch. Their offense will be unstoppable with Moss, Caldwell, Brady, Maroney, just to name a few. With a few key wins, you could find them at a near perfect season.

2. San Diego Chargers -The Chargers offense was the best in the league last year scoring many points. They haven’t lost any key players and Phil Rivers is just beginning to step up his game showing what he can do in the last few games of the season. With Tomlinson and the Chargers offensive line, the run game will be huge for them. Defense will be the key for them in the upcoming season, I expect big things out of Jammer!

3. Baltimore Ravens-The Ravens are back! Playing as top contenders of the AFC, I predict they will have the top defense in the NFL. All they need is for Steve McNair to remain healthy for most of the season and the Ravens will have a chance of succeeding greatly.

4. Carolina Panthers-The Delhomme, Smith combination has been dominate. Few, if any, have been able to stop Steve Smith recently. All Jake has to do is put it in his hands and good things will happen. They seem to be forgotten last year ending up with a final record of 8-8. The only reason was due to the lack of running. Foster was out for a while as well as DiAngelo Williams, with there top two running backs out, the defense knew where every play was going.

5. Philadelphia Eagles-McNabb and the Eagles have shown they can work together and achieve great things. They don’t have the dominate Stallworth anymore but it never makes a difference for McNabb, he'll give any receiver a chance. Westbrook will easily run for another 1,000 yard season if he remains healthy. They are back and ready to play. They seem to be at full health with many improvements from last year.

6. Chicago Bears-The defending NFC champions have more competition this year. The lost of Tank Johnson is a huge hit to their defense. Their offense also hasn't proven yet, they need Grossman needs to have a good year to be Super Bowl contenders. They are going to have to be great this year to make it to the Super Bowl.

7. New Orleans Saints-Not much has happened with the Saints. They still have basically the same team as last year. Colston will be a great replacement to Joe Horn as the top receiver. Bush will continue to run for big yards with his amazing speed. He is the first player to ever get 100 in speed in a Madden game. McAllister will continue to pound the ball and be an unstoppable force, but the Saints may trade one of them (McAllister) to make improvements like their defense.

8. Indianapolis Colts-Why so low you may ask? Domenic Rhodes. He has left leaving the rest of the running game to Addai. Don't get me wrong, Addai is a great HB, but he won't be a replacement for James or Rhodes in previous years. They continue to have a great passing game only because of the receivers. Many may disagree but Manning is overrated and the receivers are underrated. In addition to that, they have a very tough schedule. Teams know their plays and have already begun practicing defenses against them. I believe the defending World Champions will not do as well as last year. I'm not saying the Colts are finished, I’m just saying they need a year off

9. Denver Broncos-Jake Cutler has been a shocking surprise to Denver as he took control of the offense and led to many victories when Plummer was not succeeding. The Broncos took picked a great choice for a backup Q. Patrick Ramsey is a guy with many years under his belt and knows how the game is played. He will help guide Cutler throughout the year. If Cutler goes down, then Ramsey is good enough to step in a do a decent job as proved with the Chiefs. As far a receivers go, they have the top two (Rod Smith and Javon Walker). To go with that, Travis Henry has been brought into the organization gaining over 1200 yards last year. Mike Bell is still young and learning but will be good in the future. Champ Baily and Dre' Ply will do a great job at corner and the rest of the defense looks great.

10. Miami Dolphins-The AFC is a tough league to be in but I think this will be the year before they are at the top of the league. Trent Green was brought in from Washington, but they still have Culpepper who has seen his better days but is still an effective Quarterback. Chambers and Booker will be great like past seasons but perhaps a huge pickup made in the draft was Ted Gin Jr. He is ready for the NFL and will succeed in future years. He clearly isn't ready for a starting position but he will get a few catches in and possibly be a 3rd great receiver for Trent. Defensively they have Porter, Thomas and Crowder who are a few of the best LB's in the league. Goodman will also have a great season at CB.

11. Seattle Seahawks-Seattle's not done yet! They still have Shaun Alexander, Matt Hasselbeck, and a strong WR core. Last year the running game wasn't great due to the loss of Hutchinson who was a big man in the middle. He was lost which made a huge hole in the offensive line. They haven’t done much to repair the hole so expect the running game to be about the same as last year.

12. New York Jets-The Jets will be the top of New York city in football. I believe they will have a good season. Pennington and Coles must stay healthy and work together to establish a good passing game. Although the Jet's QB isn't great, he seems to get the job done in New York. Thomas Jones from the Bears has come to the Jets! Rushing for 1,200+ yards last year he will prove to be great. Remember how many times Grossman got hit last year? The Bears O-line isn't good much like the Jets line, but will have more success here. Ferguson and Moore will make holes for Thomas to run through opening the Jets to a big running season this year.

13. Dallas Cowboys-Tony Romo and the Cowboys will have a fairly good season. They clearly have a great passing game with both, Glenn and Owens gaining over 1,000 yards. They have a tough schedule playing against New England and playing at; Miami, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Carolina. Julius Jones barely ran for over 1,000 yards and if they are going to be successful, they need to establish and maintain the running game. Roy Williams will also have to step his game up from last year as the defense isn't the greatest. They will be tough to beat though and have many close games so it's tough to say exactly where they'll end up.

14. Jacksonville Jaguars-Jacksonville has been good the past few years but again, in the past few years, many teams have been struggling due to big changes in the organizations. Miami and Baltimore are just a few that will end up with better records than the Jags only pushing them down in the rankings. They are still a top team in the AFC. They also haven't made many changes or big deals. Mathis is a very good CB and will continue to get interceptions and creating turnovers for the offense.

15. Cincinnati Bengals-They still have a great offense which cannot be forgotten! It is not as good as San Diego so they can't expect their offense to win all the games like the Chargers have done. Their defense needs to step it up and do better this year. The organization also can't afford anymore crimes and bad rep. The last thing they need after last year is a top player to be suspended for a few games. Palmer, Rudi Johnson, Chad Johnson, and T.J. Houshmandzadeh are going to have a good season. All but T.J. went 1300+ yards but Houshmandzadeh still had a great season with over 1,000 yards. With defensive improvement, the Bengals could be good in a few years.

16. Tennessee Titans-Vince Young is like the new Mike Vick. He is like the running back and QB at the same time. He may not have a strong arm, but he makes his plays and throws for accuracy to his receivers. It is going to be very tough for defenses to stop him, but if Young takes a huge hit and is out for a while, the Titans will not win many games.

jlivey7
07-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Jay Cutler had a losing record as the Broncos starter last year....and Patrick Ramsey has never played for the Chiefs.

District303aPastPlayer
07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
what website did you take these from?

charlesrixey
07-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by jlivey7
Jay Cutler had a losing record as the Broncos starter last year....and Patrick Ramsey has never played for the Chiefs.

I THINK HE MEANT THE REDSKINS

District303aPastPlayer
07-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Bush will continue to run for big yards with his amazing speed. He is the first player to ever get 100 in speed in a Madden game

I believe that was Hester... correct me someone (emerson) if i am wrong...

burnet44
07-09-2007, 10:18 AM
rankings (http://armchairgm.com/index.php?title=NFL_Off_Season_Power_Rankings_%282 007-08%29)

District303aPastPlayer
07-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
rankings (http://armchairgm.com/index.php?title=NFL_Off_Season_Power_Rankings_%282 007-08%29)

might want to give credit to start next time...

Macarthur
07-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Couple of points:

1. I think that's a spot or two too low for Dallas. I think they are better than the Jets & Dolphins (who's going to play QB for them?). And I think Dallas & Seattle are a push.

2. I've seen lots of love given to NE. Everyone is basing this off of them getting Moss. The question is, which Moss are they getting? He is not the same guy as 5 years ago. Unless he's been sandbagging in Oakland, I don't think he's an elite WR anymore. Still pretty good, but not elite. Do the defending champs, Indy, not get the benefit of the doubt?

JasperDog94
07-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Philly above Chicago AND New Orleans? I don't think so Tim.:doh: