PDA

View Full Version : Ice Road Truckers

JR2004
07-08-2007, 09:16 PM
http://www.history.com/minisites/iceroadtruckers

Has anyone else been watching this show? I don't watch a whole lot of TV, (A new episode is on right now.) but I really do like watching this show. I like when they show "The Polar Bear" and then the younger guy Jay the most out of the group. I felt bad for Jay when he had to hit the road without being able to go see his 15 month old daughter who was in the hospital with pneumonia. These guys are a bit crazy and brave to be doing this. I sure as heck know I'm not riding on less than 3 ft. of ice to do this job!

turbostud
07-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Saw all the commercials during the Band of Brothers marathon all day but I didnt watch it. I didnt get off the couch for 6 hours today while watching Band of Brothers. Its great.

JR2004
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I did laundry in the afternoon so I caught most of that marathon too. That was something else that was really good to watch. This History Channel really seems to have a lot of good shows on now from what I've seen.

I don't know if I'll get to see it on Friday because I'll probably be out, but I'd like to see the new season of Dogfights as well. That's another very, very well produced show they have. Love watching the computer recreations of some of those epic dogfights they've shown.

CHS_CG
07-08-2007, 10:34 PM
We have been DRV'n it in case we miss it but have watched every episode so far. I like it alot and my dad and mom do bc dads a truck driver I guess lol.

Highschoolfan78
07-09-2007, 01:45 AM
I've been watching Ice Road Truckers every chance I get. However, I missed tonight's episode :(.. Was it good? The Band of Brothers marathon was great! It's not the first time they have shown that though. Every now and then they'll show great movies and interview either historians or survivors of the actual event. When they showed The Great Escape they interviewed some of the prisoners. History channel has really turned into a great channel.

JR2004
07-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
I've been watching Ice Road Truckers every chance I get. However, I missed tonight's episode :(.. Was it good? The Band of Brothers marathon was great! It's not the first time they have shown that though. Every now and then they'll show great movies and interview either historians or survivors of the actual event. When they showed The Great Escape they interviewed some of the prisoners. History channel has really turned into a great channel.

It was a pretty good show last night. Jay had to leave while his daughter was in the hospital with pneumonia which was kinda sad because he's a pretty good guy it seems. Can't believe he's just 25, but he's been on the ice road for 7 years now.

Alex couldn't get his truck out on time because something got frozen (Can't believe that dude has 11 kids!)

The Polar Bear wound up pretty pissed because some rookie driver was doing about 50 kilometers an hour on the ice (Fast enough to where the ice could break) so he said when they got out at the De Beers Mine he grabbed him by the neck I believe and said if he ever does it again he's reporting him and he'll be off the road for good. That guy is a character. I think he was also doing curls in his cab (To stay awake according to him.)...

The History Channel really has gotten very good. They showed Braveheart over the weekend too and had a historian talk during the breaks about what was and was not accurate about the movie. It's good to see a channel on TV doing good things like this channel is doing.

3afan
07-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Has anyone else been watching this show? ....

haven't seen it yet but I'd like to ... maybe I can get someone to DVR it for me

hint hint

tigerfan69
07-09-2007, 04:42 PM
I watch Ice Road Truckers every chance i can.The history channel has some good shows on there.That is one job that i would never do.

3afan
07-15-2007, 07:40 PM
saw this for the first time this evening - pretty cool

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I enjoy that show, its real popular.

AP Panther Fan
07-15-2007, 08:31 PM
It's good, but not as good as "Deadliest Catch"

jmho:)