8. Daingerfield
9. Fairfield
10. Rice Consolidated

CatsDen
10-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Kennedale up to #5!

jason
10-21-2003, 10:37 AM
ok, we all know kennedale is good..but how are they jumping up past other teams (forney) that are blowing teams out by 50-60 on a weekly basis?????

KTownBalla
10-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Cause we dat good...actually i dunno...it's just a poll anywazs...playoffs will determine da final say...although forney will not play Kennedale.

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 05:49 PM
It's prolly because K-Dale is undefeated...

Just guessin'...

GO CUERO YAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Chupacabra
10-21-2003, 06:17 PM
jason:
ok, we all know kennedale is good..but how are they jumping up past other teams (forney) that are blowing teams out by 50-60 on a weekly basis?????Forney:
vs. Aledo, Won by 3
vs. Horn, Lost by 21
vs. Mabank, Won by 50
vs. Commerce, Won by 38
vs. Crandall, Won by 34
vs. Pinkston, Won by 60
vs. Ferris, Won by 33

1 game by won 50 points, 1 by 60, not exactly a weekly basis. Forney averages about 31 points more than their opponent per game.

Kennedale:
vs. Crandall, Won by 7
vs. FW S. Hills, Won by 36
vs. Smith, Won by 48
vs. Everman, Won by 14
vs. Castleberry, Won by 54
vs. Venus, Won by 28
vs. Godley, Won by 52

Kennedale averages about 34 points more than their opponent per game.

So I guess if a poll should be based solely or even mostly on by how many points a team beats another, Kennedale would still be ahead of Forney. I think what I'm trying to say is just that it doesn't really matter by how many points you beat an opponent, there are a lot more meaningful criteria that go into a poll.

tomthall
10-21-2003, 07:44 PM
i don't like you chupacrabra, at all, but if you're right you're.

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: tomthall ]</small>

crzyjournalist03
10-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Chupacabra:

jason:
ok, we all know kennedale is good..but how are they jumping up past other teams (forney) that are blowing teams out by 50-60 on a weekly basis?????Forney:
vs. Aledo, Won by 3
vs. Horn, Lost by 21
vs. Mabank, Won by 50
vs. Commerce, Won by 38
vs. Crandall, Won by 34
vs. Pinkston, Won by 60
vs. Ferris, Won by 33

1 game by won 50 points, 1 by 60, not exactly a weekly basis. Forney averages about 31 points more than their opponent per game.
Final scores aren't telling the stories...most of those games, we were up by more but put in third stringers in the second half and let the teams come back...take Ferris for example...I'm pretty sure their total yardage including all their penalties was negative for the first half, but we let them get 21 from the end of the third and durig the fourth.

3afan2K3
10-21-2003, 07:49 PM
they only beats crandall by 7???

Chupacabra
10-21-2003, 08:06 PM
crzyjournalist03:
Final scores aren't telling the stories...most of those games, we were up by more but put in third stringers in the second half and let the teams come back...take Ferris for example...I'm pretty sure their total yardage including all their penalties was negative for the first half, but we let them get 21 from the end of the third and durig the fourth.Yeah, that's the point I'm trying to make, final scores don't tell the stories of a game. I'm sure Kennedale has been in a situation where they could have scored more points but put in second or third string players too. All I'm saying is that, to me, when a team beats another by 2-3 touchdowns it shows that they are just as much in control of the game as another team is that beats an opponent by 7+ touchdowns.

Yeah 3afan2k3, they did only beat Crandall by 7, it was their first game though, so that could have something to do with it.

And tomthall, I don't really know you, but I guess I don't like you much either.

jason
10-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Chupacabra:

crzyjournalist03:
Final scores aren't telling the stories...most of those games, we were up by more but put in third stringers in the second half and let the teams come back...take Ferris for example...I'm pretty sure their total yardage including all their penalties was negative for the first half, but we let them get 21 from the end of the third and durig the fourth.Yeah, that's the point I'm trying to make, final scores don't tell the stories of a game. I'm sure Kennedale has been in a situation where they could have scored more points but put in second or third string players too. All I'm saying is that, to me, when a team beats another by 2-3 touchdowns it shows that they are just as much in control of the game as another team is that beats an opponent by 7+ touchdowns.

Yeah 3afan2k3, they did only beat Crandall by 7, it was their first game though, so that could have something to do with it.

And tomthall, I don't really know you, but I guess I don't like you much either.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Newbie, eh :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

BrainDamage
10-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Yeah 5TH place! Lets keep it up and we could be on top of the polls.

Chupacabra
10-21-2003, 08:15 PM
jason:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Newbie, eh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I've been around here longer than you, chief.

I just don't choose to post irrelevant messages on every thread on the board like your brother.

crzyjournalist03
10-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Chupacabra:

jason:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Newbie, eh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I've been around here longer than you, chief.

I just don't choose to post irrelevant messages on every thread on the board like your brother.I don't like pointing out the obvious, but you registered a full year later than jason...

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 08:19 PM
crzyjournalist03:

Chupacabra:

jason:

I just don't choose to post irrelevant messages on every thread on the board like your brother.I don't like pointing out the obvious, but you registered a full year later than jason...You can have two names on here, I think this might be the case...

#1, it's his 4th post and he already knows jason and 3afan2k3 are bro's and that we make a lot of useless posts here...

I think he's been here a while, just under a different name...

Chupacabra
10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
I had another name, member #986, registered in September of 02, but I can't remember the password.

Not like any of this matters, not try to start anything.

Whaddya say I buy you guys a round to, ah, bury the hatchet.

Make it 4 Boilermakers.

Oh, and for the record, I do think Forney is better than and would beat Kennedale, but just not because Forney blows people out by more points than Kennedale does.

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Chupacabra ]</small>

jason
10-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Chupacabra:
I had another name, member #986, registered in September of 02, but I can't remember the password.

Make it 4 Boilermakers.i dont drink

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 08:24 PM
jason:

Chupacabra:

Make it 4 Boilermakers.i dont drinkYah, uh huh...

Chupacabra
10-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Haha, well shoot, make it Gatorade or something, I'm sure you drink something, right?

crzyjournalist03
10-21-2003, 08:25 PM
jason:

Chupacabra:

Make it 4 Boilermakers.i dont drinkthat's not what you said before...2k3 has the pictures to prove it :p

tomthall
10-21-2003, 08:34 PM
crzyjournalist03:

Chupacabra:

jason:
vs. Aledo, Won by 3
vs. Horn, Lost by 21
vs. Mabank, Won by 50
vs. Commerce, Won by 38
vs. Crandall, Won by 34
vs. Pinkston, Won by 60
vs. Ferris, Won by 33

Final scores aren't telling the stories...most of those games, we were up by more but put in third stringers in the second half and let the teams come back...take Ferris for example...I'm pretty sure their total yardage including all their penalties was negative for the first half, but we let them get 21 from the end of the third and durig the fourth.yeah that's still not beating teams by 50 or 60 week in and week out... and why would you call him a newbie buster. his points are way better than yours. you sound more like a "newbie" or whatever it is people say.

tomthall
10-21-2003, 08:37 PM
BrainDamage:
Yeah 5TH place! Lets keep it up and we could be on top of the polls.what the are you talking about; 5th place in what?

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: tomthall ]</small>

3afan2K3
10-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Chupacabra:

jason:

I just don't choose to post irrelevant messages on every thread on the board like your brother.jason joined last year you joined this month, do the math!!!

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

3afan2K3
10-21-2003, 08:39 PM
tomthall:

crzyjournalist03:

Chupacabra:

jason:
vs. Aledo, Won by 3
vs. Horn, Lost by 21
vs. Mabank, Won by 50
vs. Commerce, Won by 38
vs. Crandall, Won by 34
vs. Pinkston, Won by 60
vs. Ferris, Won by 33

Final scores aren't telling the stories...most of those games, we were up by more but put in third stringers in the second half and let the teams come back...take Ferris for example...I'm pretty sure their total yardage including all their penalties was negative for the first half, but we let them get 21 from the end of the third and durig the fourth.yeah that's still not beating teams by 50 or 60 week in and week out... and why would you call him a newbie buster. his points are way better than yours. you sound more like a "newbie" or whatever it is people say.newbie

jason
10-21-2003, 08:57 PM
3afan2K3:

tomthall:

crzyjournalist03:

Chupacabra:

jason:
vs. Aledo, Won by 3
vs. Horn, Lost by 21
vs. Mabank, Won by 50
vs. Commerce, Won by 38
vs. Crandall, Won by 34
vs. Pinkston, Won by 60
vs. Ferris, Won by 33

Final scores aren't telling the stories...most of those games, we were up by more but put in third stringers in the second half and let the teams come back...take Ferris for example...I'm pretty sure their total yardage including all their penalties was negative for the first half, but we let them get 21 from the end of the third and durig the fourth.yeah that's still not beating teams by 50 or 60 week in and week out... and why would you call him a newbie buster. his points are way better than yours. you sound more like a "newbie" or whatever it is people say.newbielol

crzyjournalist03
10-21-2003, 09:52 PM
tomthall:

crzyjournalist03:

Chupacabra:

jason:
vs. Aledo, Won by 3
vs. Horn, Lost by 21
vs. Mabank, Won by 50
vs. Commerce, Won by 38
vs. Crandall, Won by 34
vs. Pinkston, Won by 60
vs. Ferris, Won by 33

Final scores aren't telling the stories...most of those games, we were up by more but put in third stringers in the second half and let the teams come back...take Ferris for example...I'm pretty sure their total yardage including all their penalties was negative for the first half, but we let them get 21 from the end of the third and durig the fourth.yeah that's still not beating teams by 50 or 60 week in and week out... and why would you call him a newbie buster. his points are way better than yours. you sound more like a "newbie" or whatever it is people say.Hey, I said nothing about him being a newbie.

crunkandfocused
10-21-2003, 11:23 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie7.jpg
http://www.crowbarmusic.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: crunkandfocused ]</small>

St. Ivender
10-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Chupacabra:

Make it 4 Boilermakers.

I love your name. I'll buy the password from you.

Oh, and for the record, I do think Forney is better than and would beat Kennedale, but just not because Forney blows people out by more points than Kennedale does.

Chupacabra
10-22-2003, 12:10 AM
How much money we talkin' about here? I'm pretty partial to it too.

olddog73
10-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Chupacabra:

Make it 4 Boilermakers.

Oh, and for the record, I do think Forney is better than and would beat Kennedale, but just not because Forney blows people out by more points than Kennedale does.You can get your password by going to "Lost Password" when you log in. I think you just put in your user name and email address that you used when you registered, and they will email your lost information to you.

CatsDen
10-22-2003, 10:53 AM
How is Forney better than Kennedale? Kennedale has scored 333 points to Forney's 286. Kennedale's defense has 3 shut-out wins to Forney's 1. Kennedale's offense has piled up 2138 yards rushing (Harper only carried the ball 3 times vs. Godley and still racked up 128 yards and 2 TDs!), 1055 yards passing and is averaging 456.1 yards per game! And yes, Kennedale does take their starters out in the blowout games (JV players have been getting a lot of playing time this season).
Compare that to Forney's 1682 yards rushing, 805 yards passing...for an average of 355.3 yards per game.
I can understand if you just root for Forney to do good and win games, but to say that they are better than Kennedale? No way.

CatsDen
10-22-2003, 10:55 AM
By the way, Kennedale is undefeated!

Kennedale Wildcats
10-22-2003, 11:10 AM
I agree that Kennedale is a good team, but are they better than Forney? We will never know... You can't compare stats for the season because they haven't played the same teams in the same conditions. The only comparison can be Crandall and Kennedale struggles with them because it is our first game and Crandall's second. Teams get a lot better between their first and second games.

With that said, Forney is a great football team and so is Kennedale. Both teams have been knocked out of the playoffs earlier than they should have. Good luck to both teams this year.

CatsDen
10-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Since the teams do not meet, then statistics are the only way to compare the two teams. Statistically, Kennedale is better than Forney: more points 333-286, more yards pergame 456.1-355.3, more overall wins (Kennedale is undefeated-Forney has lost 1 game), more shut-outs 3-1. Kennedale averages 1 TD more per game (47.5 points/game to Forney's 40.8 points/game) and 100 yards more per game(Kennedale averages 456.1/game to Forney's 355.3/game). Kennedale's lowest point total was 30 points, and that was against Everman! Forney's lowest point total was 10 vs. Mes. Horn (which was a loss) and 17 vs. Aledo.
How else could you compare the teams? Unless they find a way to play against each other, statisics and averages are all you can use.

Matthew328
10-22-2003, 11:35 AM
3afan2K3:
they only beats crandall by 7???Don't use the Kennedale-Crandall game as comparison..it dones't hold any water...last year Crandall beat Kennedale by 14...Kennedale beats Everman by 9.....Forney beat Crandall by 22...that means Forney should have blown Everman out right? Didn't happen...Kennedale is the real deal....

3afan
10-22-2003, 11:56 AM
Kennedale Wildcats:
I agree that Kennedale is a good team, but are they better than Forney? We will never know... You can't compare stats for the season because they haven't played the same teams in the same conditions. The only comparison can be Crandall and Kennedale struggles with them because it is our first game and Crandall's second. Teams get a lot better between their first and second games.

With that said, Forney is a great football team and so is Kennedale. Both teams have been knocked out of the playoffs earlier than they should have. Good luck to both teams this year.and there ya go ...........

ROY
10-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Wow! I'm a newbie! I've been on for about 45 minutes! But you guys are sounding like a bunch of school children. If you don't drink, maybe you should start. Having a drink might keep us from arguing over silly stuff like this!

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Matthew328:

3afan2K3:
they only beats crandall by 7???Don't use the Kennedale-Crandall game as comparison..it dones't hold any water...last year Crandall beat Kennedale by 14...Kennedale beats Everman by 9.....Forney beat Crandall by 22...that means Forney should have blown Everman out right? Didn't happen...Kennedale is the real deal....yeah...it was those stupid refs...I'm positive we would have blown out Everman :D wink :D

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2003, 12:05 PM
out of curiosity, what is Kennedale's defensive stats? If you're going to use stats for comparison, you have to use all the stats.

CatsDen
10-22-2003, 12:42 PM
I thought I did include some defensive stats....like the 3 shut-outs for Kennedale compared to the 1 for Forney...or the fact that Kennedale has not lost a game.

For the entire year-statistically, Forney's defense allows 41.8 yards less/game, and 5 points less per game. Does this make up for Kennedale's Offense being better by the 6.7 points or the 100.8 yards per game?

Kennedale's defense has recovered 7 fumbles, forced 13 interceptions, and has scored 1 TD. Forney's defense has recovered 8 fumbles, forced 4 intereceptions, and posted 2 safeties (nice game vs. Pinkston!), with no defensive TDs.

Now consider that Kennedale did not have all of their defensive starters for the first 2 games. In those 2 games, Kennedale allowed 66 points, 573 yards rushing, and 157 yards passing. Since they have had all of their starters back on defense: 28 points allowed in the last 5 games (5.6 points/game), 558 yards rushing in the last 5 games (111.6 yards/game), 211 yards passing in the last 5 games (42.2 yards/game). The defense has recorded 5 fumble recoveries, 8 interceptions, and 1 TD in those last 5 games.

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2003, 02:22 PM
CatsDen:

For the entire year-statistically, Forney's defense allows 41.8 yards less/game, and 5 points less per game. Does this make up for Kennedale's Offense being better by the 6.7 points or the 100.8 yards per game?

We don't know that. You can't say it doesn't, and I can't say it does. However, it does show that statistics can't tell a whole story. You can't say absolutely that Kennedale is better than Forney, and I wouldn't say that there's no way that they're not. They're both very good teams, so let's just leave it at that.