PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Things in Perspective

BowflexDawg
12-10-2002, 09:55 AM
You know, I've watched these posts for awhile now and it is somewhat discouraging. We all need to remember that each of these young men, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE FROM, are 15,16 and 17 years old and are dealing with the pressures, expectations and challenges put on them not only by their coaches, but by US, their communities and fans. One need to only look at some of these young men, not only do they play ball, and quite well I might add, but the go to school, many of them have jobs and other activities besides football. I think we can all look back and remember when it was us in their shoes and how much we liked what everyone said about us and the way we played, whether we won or lost. Remember, this is not life or death, it's JUST A GAME.

BIG19
12-10-2002, 10:08 AM
BowFlex, I have echoed this post many times this year. I agree it is easy to get caught up in all the fun and competitiveness, but every does need to remember that this is just a game. A game for us to watch and enjoy. A game for the kids to play and enjoy. Best of luck to all still playing football and to those playing bball, readying to play softball, baseball, golf, swimming, and track. My hat is off to all of you and I wish you the very best!

Old Dog
12-10-2002, 10:16 AM
Nice post.....most of us are guilty of greater expectations from these young men than we would place upon ourselves. Posts like yours help put us back "on track" and give us a reality check.

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2002, 01:24 PM
Thank you for getting things into perspective again.

snotbubble
12-10-2002, 01:40 PM
Well said. Can't think of anything to add. For those of you that know me, if I can't come up with more words, then it must be complete! :)

sprinklerman
12-10-2002, 09:12 PM
I agree with you 100%, But you have to understand this is TEXAS, there is no Sport greater than TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and people are eat up with it here in TEXAS, the greatest state in the world! thank you very much. P.S Sorry if this don`t make any sense i have had a few beers.

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Football is the greatest sport on the planet. Especially High School. Everybody should just cheer for their team and have confidence in their team and remember that win, lose, or draw these are young men who have many lessons to learn and football will certainly teach them a great deal about life.

BowflexDawg
12-11-2002, 10:11 AM
Sprinklerman, I couldn't agree more. There is no sport greater than Texas High School Football. Coming from one who played in a small class A town and later in college, I appreciate every minute of it.

The Chosen 1
12-11-2002, 10:36 AM
I couldnt agree more either Bowflex Dawg.
I myself understand what HS Football players go thru since just last year I went on a State Title Hunt with my fellow Everman Bulldogs. :p

As a former player, we eat stuff like on this board for breakfast. I understand it is just a game, but I know that some of these posts just inform the players on what other people think.

The players know that the players and only the players ON THE FIELD can determine the final outcome and what others think is simply [img]http://www.geocities.com/sturges76/bullshirt.gif[img]

The Chosen 1
12-11-2002, 10:46 AM
I couldnt agree more either Bowflex Dawg.
I myself understand what HS Football players go thru since just last year I went on a State Title Hunt with my fellow Everman Bulldogs. :p

As a former player, we eat stuff like on this board for breakfast. I understand it is just a game, but I know that some of these posts just inform the players on what other people think.

The players know that the players and only the players ON THE FIELD can determine the final outcome and what others think is simply stupid.

BowflexDawg
12-15-2002, 02:56 PM
Mere words cannot express the feelings I am experiencing at this moment. Having witnessed the injury to Everman's Corey Fullbright last nite and the way I feel BOTH teams pulled together in their prayers and thoughts. For several minutes last night there were not two opposing teams on the field but a gathering of concerned teammates,coaches and fans together wearing the same colors of human concern. Prayers filled the 65,000 seat Alamodome to capacity as everyone watched, cried and prayed for the health and well being of Corey Fullbright. Our prayers, as well as those of countless others, go out to young Corey and his family and only wish him the best. To the players and coaches of Everman, the rest of the game was a testament to what type of individuals and program you have developed. My congratulations.