PDA

View Full Version : Diboll Lumberjacks

Cypher1169
09-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Great victory over the Splendora wilcats late friday night we held them 17-0 at half let some starters get in after the half an watched the score come 17-13 before it was all over. I think the diboll team this year will show much impovement we have a new qb who can run an pass really well. Lets hope for a good game next week vs carthage we are the underdogs but we took on a good conore team in a scrimm an won 36-6. We will see =)

Cypher1169
09-07-2003, 01:25 PM
bring this back to the top it got pushed down quick!

ThaRealBulldog
09-07-2003, 03:49 PM
They better be ready, Carthage is comin to town friday

Cypher1169
09-07-2003, 04:27 PM
You guys have some pretty big boys over there we will be ready i promise an we will see how good your O can handle our D being a small team we have quickness everyone on the D line can run 4.7 or better itll be a good match or a blow out one who to win i hope us!

WeAreCCB
09-07-2003, 05:06 PM
I have to go with Carthage to beat Diboll. I say Carthage will win by at least 2 tds.

trojandad
09-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Question: I didn't see Jermichael Finley's name on the stats for the Splendora game, is he playing? I've heard several things from different people there.

Look forward to playing you guys in two weeks, especially if you have a passing offense like it appears you do with almost 200 yards against Splendora.

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>

Cypher1169
09-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Yes jermical played in the splendora game only for a few plays but for the few he played he picked up 60 yrds. He will be playing the next game an we expect our passing game to be up once again. I pick diboll to win in a close one.

crimson blood
09-08-2003, 02:15 PM
:) your ad has a great program, historically. if he can keep this type of momentum thru the season ya'll should give him a parade. it may be one of the best one-year turnarounds in schoolboy history. :p

big69
09-08-2003, 03:09 PM
The only bad part about the Diboll game against Splendora, is Diboll kind of fat-catted in the second half and let Splendora come away with 2 td's and some really good plays. Diboll finaly got back into rythym and held them off! And the game against Carthage, I don't know about, it may be a blow out or a good game! Good Luck to Both Teams!

P.S.
How come everybody is like, "Good Luck" to each other and talking positive about both teams except for Jasper fans, you say one little thing and they whine about you talking crap! That's mest up! Good Luck-Newton, Woodville, Kirbyville, Huntington, and I'll bring the cheese Jasper!

spiveyrat
09-08-2003, 06:59 PM
big69:

P.S.
How come everybody is like, "Good Luck" to each other and talking positive about both teams except for Jasper fans, you say one little thing and they whine about you talking crap! That's mest up! Good Luck-Newton, Woodville, Kirbyville, Huntington, and I'll bring the cheese Jasper!Rant: ON
Because of the bad taste in our mouth leftover from last year from Lumberjack fans like yourself. You make terribly sweeping, all-encompassing comments that are seldom the truth. You just fly off at the mouth before your brain can make a sound judgement. THINK before you type.

http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/animated_emoticons/emotes_r/ranting_on_about_something.gif

Rant: OFF
I for one have noticed lots of comraderie and respect from Jasper fans and other members of this board. A good example is the mutual respect and best wishes I see all the time between Jasper and Newton.

Bulldog92
09-08-2003, 07:12 PM
As far as I can remember, the only problems Jasper fans have ever had with anyone on this board have come from Diboll. We joined your district last year and from day one, all of the feedback coming from Diboll was negative toward Jasper. It's like you're trying to start a rivalry that will never become one. Granted, most of the people posting from there last year were kids that don't know any better and all we were trying to do back then was settle them down and get them to face reality. Jasper showed you who was the better team on your home field and that should have put an end to all of this, but it didn't.

LWFH
09-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Well said, Kenny. Hopefully it can all end now.

j_dog
09-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Yes, Diboll fans, Jasper fans give respect where we receive it. There were some very inappropriate things said last year by supposedly Diboll fans, one in particular. In fact he got ROM'd for it. So, yes Jasper fans are darned sure sensitive to what Diboll fans say. I, for one, am willing to start over.

Good luck on your season Diboll. Hope you win this week!

big69
09-09-2003, 09:10 AM
OK, I don't know what was said last year and I didn't mean to p!$$ everybody off from Jasper, pretty much what it was is I was wondering if the "rumors" were true or if Jasper is going to be another tough team. Whoever that was from Diboll talking all that crap last year didn't know what they were talking about because everyone knew whose was going to win and the whole town dreaded that Friday night 'cuz they thought it might be worse than what it was (Thanks for not running up the score). And I didn't say Jasper was going to be "no good", I said not as good as last years team. So quit being touchy about every comment! I wish all teams the best of luck!

Compudyne
09-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Big69, You don't have to back down from all those bulldogs. Stick to your guns. Don't let then push you around.

big69
09-09-2003, 10:23 AM
I'm not backing down, I hate to make people mad and evybody say negative things. But if they want to be all touchy about things said then that is fine. I was just wondering how good the team was going to be this year.

spiveyrat
09-09-2003, 11:09 AM
That is NOT what you said... not in this thread.

I think you can surmise from comments by Jasper fans that Jasper is strong, but not as strong as the last two years.

<small>[ September 09, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

trojandad
09-09-2003, 12:01 PM
This sounds like last year, before hopes of a good season turned into a 3-7 season and no playoffs for Diboll. By the end of the season they just failed to make many posts on here, i.e. Hardin after their loss.

Carthage will definitely show them how a good team brings it this Friday, then we'll be in there the next week and I assure you they won't throw 200 yards on us like they did on a tough but slower Splendora team.

A few weeks and we'll be getting the torches and the axes to go look for da Diboll boyz, too. :cool: :cool: :cool:

big69
09-09-2003, 01:40 PM
C'mon trojandad! Is Coldspring going to be tougher this year? I know last year them and Diboll had it a pretty close game. Who do ya'll play this week?

Bulldog92
09-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Oops Cypher...watch your mouth buddy.

trojandad
09-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey Big69, it was a good game between us and you guys last year, I was just making comment that our defense, particularly passing defense is really tight this year. And no, our defense was horrible last year, it's the only reason you guys got back in the game last year, we had you down 21 in the second half before we, how did you say "fat catted" and let you guys back in. We actually didn't fat cat, we had trouble stopping anyone last year. Our offense has been fumble filled this year but the defense has been rock solid.

Two games gone and we've allowed 5 of 16 passing for 15 yards, 2 interceptions and 6 knockdowns. Total defense has been 148 yds a game for a 3.1 per play average. I wish I could brag on our offense accordingly, but can't as of yet. While our QB rating is almost 150 with 60% completion, we're killing ourselves with fumbles. But yea, we haven't had this kind of defense since 96.

So yea, I was talking up our pass defense, the comparison between us and Splendora isn't there. And btw, the boys here (and me) are gonna come watch you guys Friday (our open date) so put on a good show. Good luck and stay injury free.

<small>[ September 10, 2003, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>

spiveyrat
09-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Watch out, Cypher. Language like that will make your stay here a short one!

big69
09-10-2003, 12:46 PM
trojan- SO in other words a good defensive game with a lot of hard hits?! HELL YEA!! Good luck to ya' boys!

trojandad
09-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Back at ya 69......that's my son's number, too, so you can say hi to him on the field and see if the son is as tough as the old man's mouth. &lt;smirk&gt;