Max Stalling

Dale Watson

Derailers

Cosmic Dust Devils

Bruce and Charlie Robison

Hayden Vitera

shankbear
07-07-2007, 10:07 PM
He wasn't invited to perform at Live Earth ...---... ?

HM33
07-07-2007, 10:15 PM
My fav texas Country singer... he is an awesome performer

Gobbla2001
07-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Hes very overated

---

Max Stalling

---

Bruce and Charlie Robison

Max stalling is great... really enjoy his songwriting...

Charlie Robison you gotta love, can't wait for his next album, not even sure if he's in the studio, but I know it'll be good... he's one of those huge anti-nashville cats... married to a Dixie Chick... and then you have his brother...

Bruce penned "Traveling Soldier" which went national when covered by the Chix... heard it first by Bruce though and man it was a great song... he's also penned big hits like "Angry All the Time" (Tim McGraw), "Desperately" (King George) and "Wrapped" (King George again)... not sure which other ones he's got out there but he has a great nack for songwriting, though I can't stand "What Would Willie Do" (we need to stop writin' songs about Willie, he's still alive yet)...

But back to Creager... you cannot find a better performer out there in my honest opinion... I am not his biggest fan, but the man can carry the crowd... sure, most of 'em are there to hear him do "Everclear", but he has other great ones he does and it is always a treat when his father is there to sing his part in "Rancho Grande"... His last album was realeased in either '03 or early '04 (I forget), that's a long ways back... so I can see where you can say he's overrated because he lacks new material yet still packs the house... but there it is, "still packs the house"... it's not because he's Willy, or even because he's Roger freakin' Creager, but the man puts 5,800 % of his heart and soul out to that crowd every night, and with some good songs to boot that aint overrated, that's a great artist...

carter08
07-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Roger has the greatest accordion player ever.

He might have a new album coming out late this year. Heard a song that might be on it in Angleton. "Sad guitar players like me" or somrthing like that.

Bull19
07-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Roger has the greatest accordion player ever.

:rolleyes:

Old Green
07-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Great entertainer Roger is. Had a talk with him and had to pay him $10,000.00 after his TurkeyFest performance once . He counted counted every dollar.

:)

Antec
07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Have to disagree about having a great accordion player

At least 6 polka bands I know have accordion players who have been playing for years.

they are just as good or better.

g$$
07-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Creager is a good artist, deep voice, & heck of a performer. Good guy too. He brings it in concert.

I first met him years ago at a party when he sang lead for a band called "Texas Wind" or something like that. He attended Sam Houston & was also in the band at Texas A&M at one time too. Solid musician in my book.

As for talented musicians, I would name steel guitarist Roger Ray (Jason Boland's band) & fiddler Brady Black (now with Randy Rogers & formerly with Dub Miller). Those guys are 1st rate in Texas Country circles.