PDA

View Full Version : 44inarow

Gobbla2001
07-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Tell me, what is up with this "bathroom" controversy in Cuero?

does it have gold-plated seats or something?

44INAROW
07-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Tell me, what is up with this "bathroom" controversy in Cuero?

does it have gold-plated seats or something?

Hey G- I have been gone since the 4th - haven't had any contact with any Cuero folks..... what is the controversy you speak of? I am curious.. .... By the way.. I took some cool Kayak pictures for you in Rockport, I'll post later when I have time to resize etc. We went on a Dolphin tour and went to Dead Man's Island and saw a really neat bird santuary. The Rockport Art Festival was going on and it was H O T and HUMID but we stayed a while but went back to the house right before it started raining again. I can't believe it rained almost the entire time we were down there - This morning - as we were preparing to leave, it was BEAUTIFUL. There was a group of guys (probably late 20's) across the canal from us - they partied everynight - we had more fun watching and listening to them - they are big Texas Country (REK - PG etc fans) and they were pumping the music 24/7. We had a good time, ate some great food and Saturday, the guys (my group) caught alot of trout, so it wasn't a total "waste" Anyday at the beach is a good day - rain or shine. Little44 and Middle44 and about 10 others went to Daytona on Thursday until this morning - they played golf, went to the beach, played more golf and some were going to the race (I think Friday was rained out, not sure about last night) I guess tomorrow it's back to reality..... fill me in on the controversy:nerd:

Gobbla2001
07-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow, sounds like y'all had a really great time...

here's the deal, the Cuero Development Corp is funding this $300,000 public bathroom (yes, that is $300k)...

it was in the Victoria Advocate, looks like it's already built, maybe not open yet... two-stories, top floor is used for air-conditioning only I hear... you haven't heard of this yet?

A $300k bathroom?

from the Advocate:

"To blend with Cuero's historic downtown, the pricey restroom has an awning front and back and a stamped concrete patio. The exterior, to add that historic touch for tourists, is reclaimed bricks."

wow... I have a feeling this bathroom won't be a "chitty" bathroom, but something sure does smell funny building a $300k bathroom... but it's kinda cool at the same time... I can't explain it... I just wanna go use the restroom there right now...

Old Green
07-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Wow, sounds like y'all had a really great time...

here's the deal, the Cuero Development Corp is funding this $300,000 public bathroom (yes, that is $300k)...

it was in the Victoria Advocate, looks like it's already built, maybe not open yet... two-stories, top floor is used for air-conditioning only I hear... you haven't heard of this yet?

A $300k bathroom?

from the Advocate:

"To blend with Cuero's historic downtown, the pricey restroom has an awning front and back and a stamped concrete patio. The exterior, to add that historic touch for tourists, is reclaimed bricks."

wow... I have a feeling this bathroom won't be a "chitty" bathroom, but something sure does smell funny building a $300k bathroom... but it's kinda cool at the same time... I can't explain it... I just wanna go use the restroom there right now... I believe this has been going on for a couple of years. The corporation was going to do just like they did the Baseball stadium. Do all the work and the majority of the funding. The school boared liked the idea but was wanting to use a engineering firm they had on contract that would tripled cost what the business men wanted to do at the stadium. There is one guy I know who could tell you the whole story.