PDA

View Full Version : Who says sinton66 is a super duper tremendously positively way cool nice guy!!!

SintonFan
12-09-2002, 01:04 AM
Who else would have done what he did for a friend? To spend so much time AND effort for a friend? To make sure his friend DID NOT have to bite alot of finger nails? Goodness, I think 66 DESERVES some recognition for his dilligence...
NO ONE on this forum has gone to THAT effort!!!!
Good to be your friend!!!
:D :) :D

Chris Hart
12-09-2002, 01:22 AM
He's alright if you like good ole boys, but there is just not much demand for good ole boys. :D jk

He rilly iz u perty gud feler!

PPHSfan
12-09-2002, 01:34 AM
I think he deserves more posts than I got. After all he did all the work.

66 My Friend. Please accept this Mug as a toke of my appreciation.

http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1039415436604_66mug.GIF

Ok..so I ripped it off. It's the thought that counts...Right?

sinton66
12-09-2002, 01:44 AM
Somebody has found some nice version of paint shop pro or something. Hee hee, it really is a nice mug. Wish it was real. Thanks for the kind thoughts and words, guys.

Old Green
12-09-2002, 05:53 AM
Sinton66 is one of the best .
I met him at a couple of games and have enjoyed his company tremendously. Alot of football savvy in him.

SintonFan you're great guy too. Maybe will see each other again at the Alamodome Saturday.

Win State Burnet!!!!!!

bulldog65
12-09-2002, 07:20 AM
If this is the 66 bandwagon I'll jump on, even tho he picked against us!!! I hope to see some of you at the game in San Antonio.

Everman Bulldogs, Back 4 seconds!!!

Ranger Mom
12-09-2002, 11:42 AM
66 - you're my HERO!!!

footballgal
12-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Sinton66, will you adopt me? :D

I just noticed that this was my 400th post under this s/n. You see Sinton66, you even helped me get there, you're the best! :p

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

sinton66
12-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Ok, lets play a different game. How many of you are early rock fans? Who can tell me the song and artist/group responsible for the line in my signature? There might be a bottle of homemade wine in it for the winner.(Maybe).

bulldog65
12-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last..... The Young Rascals

eye of the tiger
12-09-2002, 10:48 PM
Credence Clearwater Revival. Saw them at Moody colliseum on the campus of SMU when my hair was long and still brown.

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: eye of the tiger ]</small>

eye of the tiger
12-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Credence Clearwater Revival. Saw them at Moody colliseum on the campus of SMU years ago when my hair was long and still brown.

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: eye of the tiger ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Dino was my favorite Young Rascal :D

eye of the tiger
12-09-2002, 10:55 PM
OH yeah and I think Sinton66 is a super duper tremendously positively way cool nice guy.

eye of the tiger
12-09-2002, 11:02 PM
Gloomy

Some people laugh in the dark,
Some people cry alone.
Some people talk without saying a thing,
And ev'rything turns out Gloomy.

Some people count your money,
Someone is counting your days.
And Somebody got to keep track of your mind.
When ev'rything turns out Gloomy.

Brothers'll make you look sideways,
Fathers'll make you look back.
And when you're done talking, you still got to shoot,
Cause ev'rything turns out Gloomy.

Ooooooh! Ooooooh!

I dont do the oooooooh ooooooooh real well

sinton66
12-09-2002, 11:05 PM
ALRIGHT EOTT!!!!!! You nailed it. Creedance Clearwater Revival is correct. (You forgot to mention the name of the song) The song title was "Gloomy". Cut #8 on their very first album. Other hits on the same album include their mega-hit "Suzy Q", and a personal favorite of mine" Walk on the Water". These songs have some of the finest guitar leads known to man.

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

eye of the tiger
12-09-2002, 11:15 PM
You gotta love Fogerty on "Get Down Woman" also from that first one. I put right up there with his "Walk on the Water" Maybe my all time favorite CCR is "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" in 1970.

sinton66
12-09-2002, 11:38 PM
Man, you have to be a serious CCR fan to have known that song. The old blues song "I put a Spell on You" is a great one too. Everybody thinks of "Proud Mary" and "Down on the Corner" when you think of CCR, but some people know these were some rockin' guys! Remember "Keep on Chooglin'"? Did you ever hear their cut "Before You Accuse Me". Great blues song! Or their "Hank Williams" style "Lookin' for a Reason"? Greatest band ever if you ask me.

spaniard
12-10-2002, 12:18 AM
even though im not a big clearwater fan, 66 is a goodn'

Big Tarp 74
12-10-2002, 12:46 AM
To all the Sinton Fans, I wish you all the best of luck. And Sinton 66, I enjoyed our conversation, regarding Aransas Pass. You were right, they were big and tough. It is sad that both PI and Sinon exited when they did. For us, we beat ourselves. We only had 10 players on the field when we went to punt. We had the punt blocked, and the rest is history. I know we will talk more, but for now, PI season is over, and the kids are getting ready for christmas. I wish you all a very merry christmas, and a happy new year.

exbccards76'smom
12-10-2002, 01:00 AM
Let me jump on this bandwagon. Sinton66 is a class act. We started conversing last year. I was sorry that Bridge City and Sinton didn't meet again this year. But there is always next year.

Donna

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-10-2002, 01:07 AM
I'll jump on too! Sinton66 is a super cool nice guy.......and I haven't even met him yet! I'd love to though, and talk some SOUTH TEXAS football for hours.

PPHSfan
12-10-2002, 01:14 AM
I really do appreciate how hard My buddy 66 worked to get me back on.

But then I started asking myself..."How did he stay at if for so long?"

Well once again...I had to get my secret agent photographers to do some sneaking around his house.

And Finaly
http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1039500480578_66desk.GIF
The answer is clear

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Awww dang, that's NASTY!!!! eek! Tell us it ain't so, Sinton66!!!

PPHSfan
12-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Well it looks like he keeps it pretty clean.

SintonFan
12-10-2002, 02:11 PM
PPHSfan:
Well it looks like he keeps it pretty clean.Ehhhhhh? What's that green stuff on the rim?
eek! eek! eek!

sinton66
12-10-2002, 09:59 PM
SintonFan:

PPHSfan:
Well it looks like he keeps it pretty clean.Ehhhhhh? What's that green stuff on the rim?
eek! eek! eek! Jello???????? Nah, couldn't be. PPHSfan, how much did that guy charge you? I bet the price went up right after I peppered his butt with my 12 guage. I didn't mind the picture taking, but the laughing and pointing was just too much! :D

<small>[ December 10, 2002, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SINTON81
12-10-2002, 10:42 PM
PPHSfan:
I really do appreciate how hard My buddy 66 worked to get me back on.

But then I started asking myself..."How did he stay at if for so long?"

Well once again...I had to get my secret agent photographers to do some sneaking around his house.

And Finaly
http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1039500480578_66desk.GIF
The answer is clearI to say Sinton66 is a way cool nice guy. By the way is that a recliner? Man, I need to get me one of them. As a matter of fact, I think I saw one laying around the house this morning. I better go see if I can find it.

eye of the tiger
12-10-2002, 10:56 PM
sinton66:
Man, you have to be a serious CCR fan to have known that song. The old blues song "I put a Spell on You" is a great one too. Everybody thinks of "Proud Mary" and "Down on the Corner" when you think of CCR, but some people know these were some rockin' guys! Remember "Keep on Chooglin'"? Did you ever hear their cut "Before You Accuse Me". Great blues song! Or their "Hank Williams" style "Lookin' for a Reason"? Greatest band ever if you ask me.Keep pm Choogin
You gotta ball and have a good time and thats what I call choogin or something like that. Been a very long time.

sinton66
12-10-2002, 11:10 PM
"Maybe you don't understand it, but if you're a natural man, you got to ball and have a good time, and that's what I call choogaline". Here comes Mary looking for Harry, she's gonna choogle tonight, here comes Louie, works in a sewer,lord! he's gonna choogle tonight. Keep on chooglin', Keep on CHOOGLIN', Keep on CHOOGLIN', CHOOGLIN', CHOOGLIN', ahhh nah nah."
Only guitarist I've ever heard do a "roll" on a guitar like a drummer does on drums. Man, what are the kids today missing? The heart and sole of rock and roll, I think.

sinton66
12-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Okay, lets see if anybody can guess which CCR song this signature line is from.

eye of the tiger
12-11-2002, 07:24 PM
sinton66:
Okay, lets see if anybody can guess which CCR song this signature line is from.Well Before you accuse me of trying to hog all the honors I wont answer this one for awhile :D

sinton66
12-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Tee Hee, I'd bet YOU know it!!

PPHSfan
12-11-2002, 10:06 PM
eye of the tiger:
Well Before you accuse me of trying to hog all the honors I wont answer this one for awhile :D Well before you accuse me of jumping in EOTT, take a look at yourself. OK?

sinton66
12-11-2002, 10:46 PM
Okay, obviously I'm making this too easy. Let's see if we can seperate the pretenders from the contenders. This is a two-parter. Part one, did CCR ever record an instrumental song (no voice), besides "Poorboy Shuffle". Part two, if you say they did, name it.

PPHSfan
12-11-2002, 10:57 PM
sinton66:
Okay, obviously I'm making this too easy. Let's see if we can seperate the pretenders from the contenders. This is a two-parter. Part one, did CCR ever record an instrumental song (no voice), besides "Poorboy Shuffle". Part two, if you say they did, name it.There was an instrumental on the Willy and the Poorboys album. But I don't remember the name of it.

slpybear the bullfan
12-11-2002, 11:01 PM
sinton66:
Okay, lets see if anybody can guess which CCR song this signature line is from.That would be... "Before You Accuse Me."

Score six for the Sleepy Bear

slpybear the bullfan
12-11-2002, 11:07 PM
sinton66:
Okay, obviously I'm making this too easy. Let's see if we can seperate the pretenders from the contenders. This is a two-parter. Part one, did CCR ever record an instrumental song (no voice), besides "Poorboy Shuffle". Part two, if you say they did, name it.1. Yes, I think they did.

2. I think PPHSfan is correct and it is on the Willy and the Poor Boy album and is called something like On the Side of the Road.

Did I score Sinton66?

PPHSfan
12-11-2002, 11:23 PM
66 CCR didn't do the bad moon rising instrumental for the soundtrack of "An American Werewolf in London" did they?

<small>[ December 11, 2002, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

eye of the tiger
12-11-2002, 11:26 PM
If I dont get this one correct Ill just stand on the SIDE OF THE ROAD for three hours and sing the Sinton school song with Willy and the Poorboys.

sinton66
12-11-2002, 11:32 PM
It is indeed called "Side O' the Road". Ok, now into the elimination round. Where were the members of CCR born and raised, and what was the name of their original band?

PPHSfan
12-11-2002, 11:37 PM
sinton66:
It is indeed called "Side O' the Road". Ok, now into the elimination round. Where were the members of CCR born and raised, and what was the name of their original band?East Bay San Francisco, First called "The Blue Velvets"

sinton66
12-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Well, almost. CCR had FOUR members, The Blue Velvets didn't include Tom Fogarty originally. The first band that included all four of them was
called "Visions", which later became "The Golliwogs" and then Creedance Clearwater Revival". Everybody in America was convinced they were from the South, but were in fact born and raised in El Cerrito, California.
Believe it or not, I saw the first live performance of CCR at the San Diego Civic Center in 1968 just after their release of "Suzy Q".

Now for the final tough question. Who among you knows the REAL reason why Tom Fogarty quit the band?

<small>[ December 11, 2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan
12-12-2002, 03:02 AM
sinton66:

Now for the final tough question. Who among you knows the REAL reason why Tom Fogarty quit the band?Because he couldn't stand Californicate? wink Man, am I totally lost... LOL.
If this was "Musical Jeapardy" I'd be out with -$600... eek! eek! eek!
Someone give me a Oingo Boingo question, please? Hehe...

<small>[ December 12, 2002, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

sinton66
12-12-2002, 07:57 AM
I gotta say, you guys proved your mettle, and are some strong CCR fans. This last question was a reach. There were several rumors going around at the time about why Tom quit the band. I heard one saying he got drafted. Another said he got married and didn't want to travel anymore. The actual reason was he came to an artistic difference with his brother, John. Tom Fogarty was a very talented musician in his own right. He wanted to sing lead vocal on at least a few songs. After a string of seven gold albums, several of which went multiple platinum, John took the position that they shouldn't mess with success, and said no.
John was probably right, this was a remarkably talented group, all four members played different instruments. John Fogarty plays at least nine different instruments. The chemistry between these lifelong friends shines through their music.
The recently released 6 CD set by Fantasy Records is a must for die-hard CCR fans. I am enjoying mine daily.
Thanks for indulging me guys, I appreciate it. I also appreciate all the kind words from everyone. You are a very classy and friendly group.

<small>[ December 12, 2002, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2002, 11:39 PM
Sinton66, you are one good amigo.

Question, what was the album that Tom did all by himself, playing all the instruments? Something about rangers or some such? I was curious, might try and find that somewhere.

sinton66
12-13-2002, 12:07 AM
That was John Fogarty, and it was "Blue Ridge Rangers". He also did that on his "Centerfield" album. He hired musicians to play with him when he went on tour. One of them is Johnny Ray from Texas. I saw John about two years ago at the Woodlands Pavillion, and he can still play a mean guitar. Still takes his Kustom amp with him on tour. Doug Clifford (drummer) and Stu Cook (bass) are still together and formed "Creedance Clearwater Revisited". I haven't heard them, but have several friends who say they are very good.

<small>[ December 12, 2002, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
12-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the info, Sinton66.

By the way, I might as well state my affiliation...

Stevie Ray Vaughn, RIP...