PDA

View Full Version : Manck The Tank hitting it big time

Txbroadcaster
07-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Newberry College Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Andy Carter has tabbed Josh Manck as the College's Sports Information Director, it was announced today.

Manck's duties will include coordination of media coverage, production of media guides, statistical coverage, game management and maintenance of the official athletics web site for all of the College's 16 intercollegiate sports. Manck assumed the title on July 1.

"Josh proved himself as an intern over the past year as someone that produced in all areas of responsibility," said Carter. "He showed all of us what he could do. When the opportunity to reorganize the Sports Information department came about, I knew that Josh was the right person for the job. He will do a great job.”

"I am very thankful to Mr. Carter and the rest of the athletic department staff for trusting me with this position," Manck said. "I truly enjoyed my year at Newberry as an intern, and I look forward to serving our student-athletes as sports information director. I am excited about the direction our athletic program is headed in, and I'm glad for this opportunity."

Manck begins his second year with the Newberry College athletic department and first as head sports information director. In the 2006-07 school year, Manck was a sports information intern. He served as the primary contact for men's and women's soccer, men's basketball, softball, men's and women's tennis and men's and women's cross country.

Prior to coming to Newberry in June of 2006, Manck was a sports reporter for the Cleburne Times-Review in Cleburne, Texas.

A native Texan, Josh is originally from Gilmer, Texas. He graduated with his bachelor of arts degree from Austin College in May 2005, majoring in communication arts with an emphasis in media studies.

Manck is a member of the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) and resides in Newberry.

Newberry College is a proud member of the South Atlantic Conference, a NCAA Division II league comprised of colleges and universities in North and South Carolina and Tennessee. Founded in 1856, Newberry is affiliated with the South Carolina, Southeastern, Florida-Bahamas, and Caribbean Synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

TRANSACTION: Josh Manck named Sports Information Director at Newberry (S.C.) College.

Manck
07-06-2007, 03:21 PM
If you're gonna do this, at least give the site some traffic...:D

http://newberryindians.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=2409

Txbroadcaster
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Link whore..oh wait I am one as well..yea sorry about that

Snyder_TigerFan
07-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Manck is a member of the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) and resides in Newberry.

Where is the part about being a member of 3ADownlow?;)

Congrats man!

JasperDog94
07-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Congratulations!:clap: :clap: :clap: