PDA

View Full Version : My name is Ranger Mom and I'm a 3ADL-aholic!

Ranger Mom
09-04-2003, 09:26 AM
I got home from work yesterday afternoon and my phone has been disconnected!! :mad: I checked the kids phone - same thing. I grabbed my cell phone and called the phone company. Guess what??? Their mistake, they posted the payment to the wrong account. I was then told it would be 24-48 hours for re-activation, I said, " I don't think so, let me talk to your supervisor". I was on hold for appx. 15 minutes (I guess he thought I would give up and go away!!) he came back and said the supervisor "was busy". I let loose then...when Ranger Mom gets on a roll, WATCH OUT...(I can argue with the best of them)!To shut me up he miraculously found a "super". He expedited the case and said hopefully it would be back on by 7:00pm (it was 5:00 then).
I can't tell you the amount of times I checked last night and it was NOT back on - (it was working when I got up this morning.)I was fit to be tied, to say the least!!
I felt so lost, so out of the loop! Of course everyone else in the house was getting a kick out of it!! :( I am seriously going to have to look into satellite, DSL, something!! I can live without the phone, but my internet access is a whole different story!!! :D

pirate4state
09-04-2003, 09:33 AM
I was wondering why you weren't on last night!! Bummer. Glad everything is back to normal. :)

Ranger Mom
09-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Actually, I got some stuff done that I had been "putting off" - so I guess the night wasn't a total loss. :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
09-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Get cable... It's cool...

Ranger Mom
09-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Gobbla, believe me, if it was "offered" here, I would!!

BIG19
09-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Feel the pain with ya. We do not have access to high speed unless you are wanting to pay through the nose. Hang in there and good to have ya back.

CHS_Grad '85
09-04-2003, 02:26 PM
I know how it feels... we checked into getting DSL out in the country but for some reason AT&T won't go out that far... oh well...

BIG19
09-04-2003, 02:30 PM
What I think is interesting, the high school has fiber, yet the town does not and has no plans to go that way anytime soon. Once the fiber is in place then along comes many high-speed connections. To make it worse, I live right in front of the high school and cannot even get a feed. Oh well.

sinton66
09-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Ranger Mom, it may have been a communist plot. Our DSL went down too, right after I posted my last message on your thread. It just came back up about 3pm. :D :D :D

slpybear the bullfan
09-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Probably what happened was the local communist soccer team was having practice and accidentally kicked a ball into the window of the phone co. office. Then the ball hit the stacks of incoming checks and mixed things up...

...shh! Do you hear those black helicopters hovering?

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2003, 05:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you are sooooooo funny little bear! I think "communist" should be considered a cuss word on here.......anyone agree??

Glad they didn't get the best of you, RangerMom!!

crzyjournalist03
09-04-2003, 05:59 PM
no, "communist" can't be a cuss word, because the reason we use it in reference to soccer is so we don't have to use the real words that should describe it.

crzyjournalist03
09-04-2003, 06:00 PM
btw, shouldn't every post on this thread begin with,

"Hi Ranger Mom." ???

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2003, 07:04 PM
..oh, so another funny guy ........

slpybear the bullfan
09-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Bandera YaYa:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you are sooooooo funny little bear! I think "communist" should be considered a cuss word on here.......anyone agree??

Glad they didn't get the best of you, RangerMom!!*sigh*

http://images.net3media.com/funnyfreepics/chill_pill.jpg

Wbulldogs
09-04-2003, 09:17 PM
haha i feel ya ranger mom...without my internet i feel so left out of the world...haha its not fun just watchin tv all the time

PhiI C
09-04-2003, 10:05 PM
SAY ARE YOU ALL SURE IT WASN'T ONE OF THEM PIGSKIN BALLS THAT KNOCKED IT OUT? :) AFTER THERE IS A LOT OF THAT TYPE OF KICKING GOING ON OUT THERE NOW!

HOW ABOUT THEM SPURS WINNING THE 2003 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BY BEATING THE NETS!! BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!!

TO ESPN: "WHERE'S THE CAT?"

3ABirdMan
09-04-2003, 11:39 PM
HI RANGERMOM!

I agree! My big prob is I read
S

L

O

W
and I type even
S

L

O

W

E

R
!

By the time I catch up on today's threads and read everything, it's time to hit the sack - I don't even have time to reply to anything (usually - I HAD to take time for this, though! :D

Ranger Mom
09-04-2003, 11:40 PM
crzyjournalist03:
btw, shouldn't every post on this thread begin with,

"Hi Ranger Mom." ???LOL....I think you are the only one who "got it"!!

exbccards76'smom
09-05-2003, 08:13 AM
ranger mom,

I feel your pain, girlfriend. My computer crashed, and I had to reload everything myself. Didn't realize that I did not have the drivers for my roadrunner. I spent 2 days trying to get it up and running before the mystery was solved. Now that I have it, I wouldn't have anything else. :D

pirate4state
09-05-2003, 09:47 AM
I don't understand how Odem (a smaller town than Sinton) has access to RoadRunner!!! I live outside the "city" limits :rolleyes: (a 1/2 mile -maybe) & can not get anything fancy like DSL or even cable. Can someone explain how I can get digital cable & satellite for my television, but not for my PC?? In the words of Chris Rock from the movie Head of State, "it ain't right!" :mad:

sinton66
09-05-2003, 09:58 AM
pirate4state, Direct TV does offer an internet connection via satellite for around $60 a month for both tv and internet.

BIG19
09-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Ranger mom, if I am not mistaken at the end of the season last year there was a 12 step program being developed. Might need to go back in the history and see if they ever finalized anything....

sinton66
09-05-2003, 10:24 AM
:D :D :D We don't need no stinkin' twelve step program!. I wouldn't give up my addiction for anything! :D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 10:26 AM
I think you are correct, Phil, it was a pigskin that hit it....those egg shaped balls are alot harder to control than a perfectly round one.....

sinton66
09-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Get a room, you two!!! :D :D :D

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

pirate4state
09-05-2003, 10:47 AM
sinton66:
pirate4state, Direct TV does offer an internet connection via satellite for around $60 a month for both tv and internet.Thanks 66, I'll look into it. Right now I have the Dish Network & they offer DSL connection, but not in my area right now??? I just don't understand!! Idiots, the whole lot of 'em!!

sinton66
09-05-2003, 10:50 AM
PPHSFan also told me it was faster than a DSL. Takes a special dish and associated up/down converter equipment also. Think you prolly have to buy the converter. He said it was definitely worth it where he lives.

BrahmaMom
09-05-2003, 10:51 AM
RangerMom, we have Direcway satellite and it is great. Not cheap, but very fast and has only gone out twice for short times in about a year. Sorry the phone co. made their 1,000,000,000 mistake--they picked the wrong account to mess up!

Ranger Mom
09-05-2003, 10:55 AM
BrahmaMom:
RangerMom, we have Direcway satellite and it is great. Not cheap, but very fast and has only gone out twice for short times in about a year. Sorry the phone co. made their 1,000,000,000 mistake--they picked the wrong account to mess up!THAT'S for darn sure. (It didn't take them long to come to that assumption either!!) My problem is location - I know that the people who live behind the school have access to DSL through SWB. I, on the other hand, live about 2.5 miles from the school, and so far, I don't think anything but dial-up is available where I am!! :mad:

sinton66
09-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Ranger Mom, as I understand it, you have to live within 50,000 feet of the phone company's switch office to get DSL. That's almost 9 miles. How far are the ones you mentioned from their office? Another option is to go for an ISDN line. You can get one of those for around $50/mo. It would combine ISDN on a normal line and get you to 128K.

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

pirate4state
09-05-2003, 11:32 AM
BrahmaMom:
RangerMom, we have Direcway satellite and it is great. Not cheap, but very fast and has only gone out twice for short times in about a year. Sorry the phone co. made their 1,000,000,000 mistake--they picked the wrong account to mess up!This is what I'm on at work!! I LOVE IT!! So, when I go home to my dial-up you can really see the difference in speed. frown

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Hey now, Sinton66....let's not be crude here!
...or are you just a little jealous?? :o

Anyway, lets stick to the subject at hand. :D
You always want to get off the subject, with all your whining and complaining......ttt! :D

Besides, remember what happened to PPHead's computer...you don't want to make a YaYa angry eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! !!

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

sinton66
09-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Whining ? Adults discuss, children whine. Which are you? Most of the posters on here can tell you that's one word that I don't care to see in association with adults. And, if you feel I complain too much, feel free to ignore any or all of my posts if you so desire. Frankly, I don't care if you get angry. :rolleyes:

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

3afan2K3
09-07-2003, 08:45 PM
sinton66:
Whining ? Adults discuss, children whine. Which are you? Most of the posters on here can tell you that's one word that I don't care to see in association with adults. And, if you feel I complain too much, feel free to ignore any or all of my posts if you so desire. Frankly, I don't care if you get angry. :rolleyes: I WHINE!