PDA

View Full Version : All roads lead to Jasper/Everman

Titans
11-18-2002, 02:02 PM
These 2 are on a collision course to meet in Waco for the state championhsip. I can't see anyone beating them at this point.

I know that will upset Sinton and Burnet fans, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

sinfan75
11-18-2002, 07:27 PM
I guess us Burnet and Sinton folk don't give a damn.HUH!!DORK!!!

sinfan75
11-18-2002, 07:27 PM
I guess us Burnet and Sinton folk don't give a damn.HUH!!DORK!!!

sinfan75
11-18-2002, 07:38 PM
By the way,is Everman and Jasper so confident they will meet in the title game,that they have already scheduled a play-off site?uhuhuh!!

29x281
11-18-2002, 07:43 PM
Well, then.

<small>[ November 18, 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: 29x281 ]</small>

29x281
11-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Well then why the heck are we still playing?

sinfan75
11-18-2002, 07:51 PM
That's what I was wonderin.Let's just go back to our BBQs and beer drinkin and not worry about the rest of the season!!

BigRed01
11-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Titans:
These 2 are on a collision course to meet in Waco for the state championhsip. I can't see anyone beating them at this point.

I know that will upset Sinton and Burnet fans, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by labrat99:
If this years Sinton team is as big, fast, and strong as last year's team, they have a shot at beating Jasper. If they lag in any of those areas, the Bulldogs will cruise into the Title game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no, I think region 3 and 4 are the most volatile. These regions are the most undecided of all. Jasper will have no free rides if they do make it. Jasper has a hard road to hoe. First they must take care of Cameron, then most probably face Bridge City, who is no slouch themselves. If they do get past all of that, they will be rewarded with either playing Sinton or Burnet. Then if somehow they manage to overcome that, they are faced with probably Everman. Jasper is good, but they have a full plate right now.

Dude that is a bold statement with Region 3 and 4 with some of the best teams in the state left....I think you may get surprised

sinton66
11-18-2002, 08:01 PM
I'd be willing to bet my LAST dollar bill that Everman isn't looking past Forney. Some people in Jasper seem to be.

southern_thunder
11-18-2002, 08:03 PM
sinfan75:
That's what I was wonderin.Let's just go back to our BBQs and beer drinkin and not worry about the rest of the season!!Hey I am from Jasper and am certainly not looking ahead to Everman I know we have to take em one game at a time, however I would love to be there for the BBQ and beer!!!!

BigRed01
11-18-2002, 08:05 PM
Titans:

I know that will upset Sinton and Burnet fans, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by labrat99:
If this years Sinton team is as big, fast, and strong as last year's team, they have a shot at beating Jasper. If they lag in any of those areas, the Bulldogs will cruise into the Title game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no, I think region 3 and 4 are the most volatile. These regions are the most undecided of all. Jasper will have no free rides if they do make it. Jasper has a hard road to hoe. First they must take care of Cameron, then most probably face Bridge City, who is no slouch themselves. If they do get past all of that, they will be rewarded with either playing Sinton or Burnet. Then if somehow they manage to overcome that, they are faced with probably Everman. Jasper is good, but they have a full plate right now.

Dude that is a bold statement with Region 3 and 4 with some of the best teams in the state left....I think you may get surprised

bearkatdad
11-18-2002, 08:21 PM
I think it is way too early to talk about 'who is on a collision course' for state champs..lots of games left and lots of good teams left...sort of like they say about predicting Texas weather...only fools and newcomers do that.

spiveyrat
11-18-2002, 10:33 PM
Just us fans looking to the title game... not the players. Besides, what fun would this site be without a little ribbing and predicting??? I hope we do see Everman in the title game! Go Dawgs!!!

j_dog
11-18-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey, this is one fan who is not looking past anyone to Everman or whoever might make it to the finals from the north. Well, not any more than fans from every school in the playoffs. I do want to see Jasper play every one of the recognized good teams. It is good that Mexia was strong with a 9 and 1 record, Cameron apparently is strong, as will be Bridge City, or whoever will make it to the Region III game. As I said elsewhere, I do hope that IF Jasper whips up on these teams, no one comes on this board and says Jasper didn't play anyone!

My biggest disappointment, ASSUMING Jasper wins Region III, is that there is no possibility that Jasper could play both Sinton and Burnet.

And even if Jasper and Everman do make it to the finals, why would Jasper agree to drive hundreds of miles on back country roads to play in Everman's backyard? Doesn't calculate to me.

evebulldog01
11-18-2002, 11:16 PM
I can gurante you Everman doesn't feel this way were just taking it one game at a time.

Matthew328
11-18-2002, 11:54 PM
I don't think Jasper or Everman is looking that far ahead...both teams have big games to win for that game to happen..but Waco in Everman's backyard?? Have you checked a map lately??? LOL

kepdawg
11-19-2002, 12:03 AM
Matt - Waco may not exactly be in Everman's back yard but (approximately) 85 miles from Everman to Waco is a lot better than (approximately) 250 miles from Jasper to Waco. To me the 2 logical choices for this game (if it should happen) are either Tyler or Bryan/College Station. Good luck to everyone!

SintonFan
11-19-2002, 12:08 AM
Titans:

I know that will upset Sinton and Burnet fans, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.quote:
Originally posted by Titans:

I know that will upset Sinton and Burnet fans, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Are you daft man? Or do you just like movie and TV quotes?! http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/mrt.gif "I pity the fool who's like you"
BTW, does anyone from the Jasper football team post here?

jus havin some fun...

Matthew328
11-19-2002, 01:18 AM
I'll give you that kep...Texas A&M would prolly be a better choice..

sinfan75
11-19-2002, 06:19 AM
southern_thunder:

sinfan75:
That's what I was wonderin.Let's just go back to our BBQs and beer drinkin and not worry about the rest of the season!!Hey I am from Jasper and am certainly not looking ahead to Everman I know we have to take em one game at a time, however I would love to be there for the BBQ and beer!!!!LMAO!!I was hopin somebody would like it.Seriously,someone postewd if Sinton was as big strong and fast as last year they'd have a chance against Jasper.Other than one guy weighin 290 and bein 6'7",Sinton wasn't much bigger than anybody they played.Actually some of the teams were bigger than Sinton last year.Not countin Big Zach I'd say Sinton is about the same size-wise.Speed and talent pretty close.The one thing that is hurtin Sinton this year injuries.They have really had a rash of injuries to key players.I'm not tryin to make excuses for em(at 11-0 they don't need none),that's just the one thing that has slowed them down a little.

sinton66
11-19-2002, 08:31 AM
As I said elsewhere, I do hope that IF Jasper whips up on these teams, no one comes on this board and says Jasper didn't play anyone!
j-dog, let me ask you a question. How many of Jasper's ten regular season opponents have made it to the second round of their respective playoffs? For Burnet, the answer is 4. For Sinton, the answer is 5.

whatusay2
11-19-2002, 08:38 AM
First of all, I am a die-hard Jasper fan. But, I must say that all these people putting us in the state championship before we've even played our 2nd playoff game is REALLY getting on my nerves. SHUT-UP and let's play some football...Then, talk about the state championship when it gets here--whomever those two teams happen to be in Division I!

j_dog
11-19-2002, 11:22 PM
sinton66:

As I said elsewhere, I do hope that IF Jasper whips up on these teams, no one comes on this board and says Jasper didn't play anyone!
j-dog, let me ask you a question. How many of Jasper's ten regular season opponents have made it to the second round of their respective playoffs? For Burnet, the answer is 4. For Sinton, the answer is 5.Like I said, if Jasper plays and beats Sinton or Burnet, then I hope that no one comes on this board and says that Jasper didn't play anyone! I don't get your point. If Jasper beat one of these teams, would they suddenly become a "nothing" team?

As for the number of opponents in the playoffs, if that is a contest, Sinton and Burnet win hands down. Only Newton is still in the playoffs. To me all that proves is that most good teams don't schedule Jasper if they have a choice in the matter. Reportedly, even 5a Lufkin refused to play Jasper.

The only poll that counts is going on now. The playoffs. Mano a mano. What a time! No one can run hide now!

mistanice
11-19-2002, 11:41 PM
I hope nobody makes excuses when their "state championship" team gets knocked out of the playoffs in the near future. watch out for some upsets, im counting on it. gl to all

Puppetmaster101
11-20-2002, 12:17 AM
OK people lets just remember who started this topic "Titans" so everybody needs to point and laugh at him for being stupid!!!!!! :D

sinton66
11-20-2002, 07:27 AM
j-dog, I was responding to your reference to the post by the guy from Barber's Hill that Jasper hasn't played anybody. I was trying to show you what I think he meant by that statement. That's all. Not trying to start anything.

bearkatdad
11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Puppetmaster101:
OK people lets just remember who started this topic "Titans" so everybody needs to point and laugh at him for being stupid!!!!!! :D Puppetmaster...Did you notice that after 'Titans' posted the topic, he 'conveniently' hasn't been back..I think he was just trying to stir up some 'stuff'..

Burnet_Dawg
11-20-2002, 09:47 PM
I don't think Everman or Jasper will meet each other in the state championship game b/c they are both beatable. they have already lost at least 1 game this season. The team that wins region 4 which is either Burnet/Sinton will take it all the way b/c they are to powerful to get beat. I believe Burnet has the toughest playoff schedule b/c if we beat Wharton then it will be Sinton then if after that it will be Jasper, then in the State game, most likley Everman if they make it. I think Burnet will have to take it game by game and not look to far down the road in order to take it all the way.

Go Bulldogs!!!

j_dog
11-21-2002, 12:37 AM
sinton66:
j-dog, I was responding to your reference to the post by the guy from Barber's Hill that Jasper hasn't played anybody. I was trying to show you what I think he meant by that statement. That's all. Not trying to start anything.Thanks for the explanation. By the way, I think that was the same BH person who posted his "eating crow" post after Jasper demolished Mexia. I understood what he was getting at; I just feel that comparing records of Jasper's regular season opponents just does not in any way whatsoever show the potential of Jasper. After Mexia I think he agreed. Anyway, now the real poll is going on and we will all know for sure very soon.

Hey, by comparisons, I know things are looking good for Sinton. Sinton beat GP, GP beat Calallen, Calallen beat CC Miller, or some 5a, so Sinton is the best team in South Texas. At least that is what I heard! Good luck to Sinton, unless Jasper gets to play them!

sinton66
11-21-2002, 07:59 AM
Thanks j-dog, good luck to you guys too, unless and until you get to play Sinton of course. G-P was a definite test. Watch for them in 4A div.1.
G-P followed up our game with a win over C.C. Carroll (5A) the very next week.

<small>[ November 21, 2002, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Sinton_Playa 70
11-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Look Everman is going to state because they have the easiest Region of all. Hopefully Forney will upset them. But Jasper must get through the boys in Region 4 to win state. Let's face Region 4 is the toughest. Why do u think ppl were suprised to see us in the state championship last year.
They don't expect teams in South Texas to go that far. Down here in South Texas ppl live for Friday nights and the playoffs. If Everman wants another state title and if Jasper even wants to get to state they have to get through us, Burnet or Wharton. Us in Region 4 aren't any pushovers. We'll beat you if our "A" game is on. So we are a force to be reckoned with and you will soon figure that out.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

spiveyrat
11-23-2002, 04:30 PM
you don't think people in other parts of texas live for friday nights and the playoffs? look at PNG, or Nederland, or Odessa Permian, or Ennis, or Lamarque, or Burkeville, or Jasper for that matter. wink

hell, look at me and kenny. i live in kansas, and kenny lives in washington. we follow it from hundreds and thousands of miles away!

so, don't think south texas is the only place in texas that lives for friday nights.

Sinton_Playa 70
11-23-2002, 04:49 PM
sorry for the inconvinience man!! you are rite not only ppl from South Texas live for Friday Nights but so do other ppl. Especially ppl like you who live out of state and can't be in the atmosphere. Thanks for following Texas Football. i worded my statement badly. It's just that a lot of ppl don't really expect a team from Region 4 or South Texas to do well in the playoffs.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

Bulldog92
11-23-2002, 04:59 PM
I get the same butterflies on gameday that I always got as a kid in Jasper, especially come playoff time. Some things will never change. :)