PDA

View Full Version : Best Places to eat in Odem & Sinton

luvhoops34
07-05-2007, 06:40 PM
We drove through these little towns on the 4th of July. Give me the scoop on the best places to eat. :D

tigerpride_08
07-05-2007, 06:45 PM
i know when we always passed through Odem on our way to mexico we would always stop for breakfast and this place would have real big breakfast tacos...:D ...i dunno what the place was called though...

luvhoops34
07-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i know when we always passed through Odem on our way to mexico we would always stop for breakfast and this place would have real big breakfast tacos...:D ...i dunno what the place was called though...

Thank you sweetheart, but that doesn't help much.....LOL

sinton66
07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08

Pretty sure you're referring to Jesse's Pronto Quick. Unfortunately, it is no longer in business. In fact the building was added onto, remodeled and is now the Railroad Station Seafood Restaraunt. Also in Odem is A&R Family Restaraunt (used to be Ferguson's Truck Stop Cafe)with a New Orleans trained chef. Very good food. Just down the hiway to the south is Fox's Pizza Den, just opened about two weeks ago. Very good pizza. Also, there's Fermin's BBQ pretty good.

In Sinton, the best is Butter Churn, then Back Street Cafe, then Freddie's. There's also Tasty Taco, Little Mexico, and a Mexican/Seafood buffet place. There's a relatively new seafood place on Bus.77 south of main street, but not open on Sundays, neither is Freddie's or Back Street for that matter.

sinton66
07-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Odem also has a Dairy Queen (one of the better ones in the area), and in the convienience stores, a Subway and a McDonald's.

Sinton also has a Dairy Queen (not as good as Odem's), a Whataburger, Sonic, and a Golden Fried Chicken.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Pretty sure you're referring to Jesse's Pronto Quick. Unfortunately, it is no longer in business. In fact the building was added onto, remodeled and is now the Railroad Station Seafood Restaraunt. Also in Odem is A&R Family Restaraunt (used to be Ferguson's Truck Stop Cafe)with a New Orleans trained chef. Very good food. Just down the hiway to the south is Fox's Pizza Den, just opened about two weeks ago. Very good pizza. Also, there's Fermin's BBQ pretty good.

In Sinton, the best is Butter Churn, then Back Street Cafe, then Freddie's. There's also Tasty Taco, Little Mexico, and a Mexican/Seafood buffet place. There's a relatively new seafood place on Bus.77 south of main street, but not open on Sundays, neither is Freddie's or Back Street for that matter. you left out Dahila's just across from Reids store. They have some big breakfast tacos.

sinton66
07-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
you left out Dahila's just across from Reids store. They have some big breakfast tacos.

You're right, I sure did, Dahlias in Odem is good too.

luvhoops34
07-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks!:rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
07-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
We drove through these little towns on the 4th of July. Give me the scoop on the best places to eat. :D

Rita's house...her and her mom are both awesome when it comes to cooking! :cool:

pirate4state
07-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Rita's house...her and her mom are both awesome when it comes to cooking! :cool:

Thanks! No pressure, right? :p

I made more cobbler last night! haha

AP Panther Fan
07-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Thanks! No pressure, right? :p

I made more cobbler last night! haha

no pressure....:D

How long do you continue to get peaches off your trees? You have made me want to plant a peach tree or two in the yard somewhere.

pirate4state
07-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
no pressure....:D

How long do you continue to get peaches off your trees? You have made me want to plant a peach tree or two in the yard somewhere.

All the peaches are FINALLY gone!!! We have 4 in our yard and then there is one that borders our yard, but no one lives next door and the land actually belongs to my mom's brother, sooooo, yeah we pick those too! :D

Usually start to "bloom" early to mid May and are ready to pick all of June!!

In the past, they hadn't been ready until mid to late July and in to early August. Not sure what happened there. :confused:

Gp83
07-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I like the Butter Churn best in Sinton.

luvhoops34
07-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
I like the Butter Churn best in Sinton.

I saw that restaurant the other day when we drove thru Sinton.:D

pirate4state
07-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Butter Churn is just across the street from my office. I don't really like it, but everyone raves & raves about that place.

Buccaneer
07-06-2007, 02:08 PM
The Butter Churn has a good salad bar with soups. Most of their buffet is rather bland.

sinfan75
07-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Don't forget Flores Grocery. Huge breakfast tacos and the best tasting hot sauce around. Their lunches are really good too. Off the beaten path but worth gettin lost for.