PDA

View Full Version : Too much RAIN!!!!

luvhoops34
07-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I call Kings X!!! We have had way too much rain! In CC, it has rained anywhere from 12 to 15 inches in the last two days. I'm tired of it already.:(

We drove over to Taft today to look at some of the cotton fields. They look like lakes. And we're still under a flash flood watch for tonight.:(

zebrablue2
07-04-2007, 10:04 PM
60 miles west of houston. have not had that much. about 7 in. the last week. the water will not even soak into the ground it is so wet. low will not move out. wettest june into july I can remember. one day it will get hot and dry again, hope its next week. we need the sun.

3afan
07-05-2007, 06:27 AM
yeah the lakes are full, its been keeping the temps down - but enuf is enuf already!

CHS_CG
07-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Its been raining here off and on for the past couple of days. For the last 2 weeks parts of the area have been gettin some rain but nothing to flood us... yet.. hopefully it wont come to that. The company I work for has a branch in Taft (we deal with chemical and fertilizer for crops) so I will have to ask her what all is goin on down there.

IHS Fan
07-05-2007, 08:36 AM
as of yesterday, C.C. has had the wettest july since they started keeping records.and that is just thru 4 days.

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2007, 09:30 AM
The rain needs to stop now...the pond in my back yard is overflowing.

The pond at the high school across the street now covers the entire front of the school. Yesterday, there were about 10 people over there with nets catching crawfish. (looked like fun)

pirate4state
07-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

The pond at the high school across the street now covers the entire front of the school. Yesterday, there were about 10 people over there with nets catching crawfish. (looked like fun)

Oh man, I forgot about your pond. :eek: :eek: Our yard looks like a mini pond. :D When it finally stops raining and we see the sun again, the mosquitos & that yucky mud smell are gonna be so gross. :hairpunk:

God only knows when it'll be dry enough to mow the yard. :eek:

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Oh man, I forgot about your pond. :eek: :eek: Our yard looks like a mini pond. :D

The water is up to the decking, which is about 2 ft higher than normal. Luckily, when it overflows, it drains off the backside and across the very back of our yard.

I was thinking about you this morning and wondering if your drainage (or lack thereof) at the end of your street was giving you any problems.

pirate4state
07-05-2007, 10:12 AM
The water is up to the decking, which is about 2 ft higher than normal. Luckily, when it overflows, it drains off the backside and across the very back of our yard.

I was thinking about you this morning and wondering if your drainage (or lack thereof) at the end of your street was giving you any problems.

I was such a nerd yesterday :nerd: :D and took some pictures of the standing water everywhere. I haven't downloaded/uploaded (whatever) them onto the computer. When I do I'll post 'em so you can see. ;)

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2007, 10:18 AM
:thumbsup:

You know, my photobucket is giving me problems. It looks like I am uploading images successfully, but they aren't there. I have 21 pictures in my album and it isn't letting me add more:mad:

JasperDog94
07-05-2007, 10:25 AM

The pond at the high school across the street now covers the entire front of the school. Yesterday, there were about 10 people over there with nets catching crawfish. (looked like fun) As long as they were putting the fish back in the pond.;)

Gobbla2001
07-05-2007, 10:28 AM
my fishing has been shot to hell by this rain...

farmers: next time you pray for rain, make sure you pray that it ends as well...

Cat22
07-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Rain has not stopped here either. They said on the news this morning we've already had 46 inches this year and we average between 50-60 inches a year. Have another couple of inches forecasted for the next few days.

JasperDog94
07-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
my fishing has been shot to hell by this rain...
And here I was hoping I was the only fisherman effected by the rain...:(

slpybear the bullfan
07-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Is a pond the same thing as a tank? LOL...

Seriously, up in N. Texas we have been pounded, but we have had few days letup... now the Low is heading back our direction.

All the way to July 5th and it hasn't even hit 95° yet! AWESOME.

Phil C
07-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Hey the 1932 movie Rain with Joan Crawford is on TCM on July 19 at 3:14 A.M. CST. It is a good movie even though the only fault is that in the movie it rained throughout most of it.

:)

carter08
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Laugh when your eyes are burning
Smile when your heart is filled with pain
Sigh as you brush away your sorrow
Make a vow that it's not gonna happen again

It's not right in one life too much rain

Old Green
07-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Is a pond the same thing as a tank? LOL...

Seriously, up in N. Texas we have been pounded, but we have had few days letup... now the Low is heading back our direction.

All the way to July 5th and it hasn't even hit 95° yet! AWESOME. It was 69 degrees yesterday in Cuero at 6:00 pm according to the bank thermometer.

Phil C
07-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
It was 69 degrees yesterday in Cuero at 6:00 pm according to the bank thermometer.

Hey Old if it gets down to 49 degrees at this time of year that will really get everyone's attention! :)