PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 36- Gonzales 13

Pudlugger
09-06-2002, 11:12 PM
The Leopards impressed tonight under the leadership of back-up Qb Aaron Zbranek, who started his first varsity game. He controlled the ball and ran the offense flawlessly, making good use of fullback Boothe and tailback Wilson who combined for more than 300 yards rushing. On defense, Byron "Purple" Hayes gave the Apache backfield fits dominating on the line of scrimmage. The OL completely exonerated themselves after a poor performance at Yoakum blowing off the Apache defense time and time again. This team is beginning to gel, with some real leaders stepping up. Congratualtions to the Leps!

eye of the tiger
09-06-2002, 11:32 PM
The Leopards are back.

bd62
09-06-2002, 11:39 PM
congs. l.g. hard to keep them down. i bet it was a hard and emotional week at practice.

Tiger Turtle
09-08-2002, 02:39 PM
I knew that the Leps would right the ship after the opening week debacle. LG had something in common with Sealy this week - the Tigers also played a backup at QB after starter Justin Brantley suffered a rib injury against Royal last week. Emeal Andrus rushed for 300 yards on 35 carries in the rain as the Tigers scored 34 unanswered points in the second half against Needville. Should be the usual war in LG Friday night as the Tigers look to be improving after a 25 - 0 opening win over Royal. Save me a seat, PL.

Pudlugger
09-08-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle:
I knew that the Leps would right the ship after the opening week debacle. LG had something in common with Sealy this week - the Tigers also played a backup at QB after starter Justin Brantley suffered a rib injury against Royal last week. Emeal Andrus rushed for 300 yards on 35 carries in the rain as the Tigers scored 34 unanswered points in the second half against Needville. Should be the usual war in LG Friday night as the Tigers look to be improving after a 25 - 0 opening win over Royal. Save me a seat, PL.

Yeah, I heard about your Qb. Sounds like he will be playing by Friday I expect. Anderle should be healthy but Coach might not automatically give him the nod since Zbranek played so well. Andrus is a great running back and I'm sure our coaches will be worried about him alot. Sealy will be a tougher test for La Grange than Gonzales. The Apache's had real talent but they might have been expecting an easier game after the Lep's poor performance against Yoakum and got too confident. Last year the kids were in shock over the horrific 911 attack and never showed any intensity. The Tigers came in hungry and served up some Leopard stew. This year it will be different as the Leps want payback naturally, and are improving each week.

sinton66
09-08-2002, 04:36 PM
HEY PUD!! EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats!