PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Kindle

charlesrixey
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
the #6 recruit coming out of high school;

will he start this year?
i know right now he isn't going to, but does anyone know how his spring went?

and what are the odds of him getting time at running back?

KTA
07-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Wont start until next year but will get ALOT of snaps this year. I wish he could play a lil Rb, but it wont ever happen

Emerson1
07-05-2007, 12:56 AM
If he can stay healthy he will get a lot of snaps. If he has to play anytime at RB we got problems

Phil C
07-05-2007, 09:16 AM
His high school coach said he would be a great linebacker but if they ever put him in at rb and he broke loose on one of those long td runs he is capable of then they would have a delima. A pleasant one though. :)

JR2004
07-05-2007, 10:23 AM
He needs to be playing RB. He's a more powerful and faster version of McFadden. Unfortunately UT's coaches don't realize this.

JasperDog94
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
He needs to be playing RB. He's a more powerful and faster version of McFadden. Unfortunately UT's coaches don't realize this. Yeah, because the coaches at UT are stupid...:doh:

Txbroadcaster
07-05-2007, 10:30 AM
He needs to be playing RB. He's a more powerful and faster version of McFadden. Unfortunately UT's coaches don't realize this.

Disagree...he is built to be a LB, has better instincts at LB and will be a force there

big daddy russ
07-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Wait, I thought Kindle was a LB???

charlesrixey
07-05-2007, 11:37 AM
he is, but he played both positions in high school---and played both of them equally well, i might add

Emerson1
07-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Uhm, probably not

KTA
07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Disagree...he is built to be a LB, has better instincts at LB and will be a force there

In high school he averaged over 10 yards per a touch...thats pretty impressive!

JR2004
07-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

LOL

KTA
07-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I remember reading in DCTF where Sergio was talking about he couldnt allow himself to be caught from behind on the football field....I wish they would of gave him a fair shot at RB

charlesrixey
07-05-2007, 05:47 PM
i honestly have been a little disappointed with jamaal charles

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
College coaches will put a player in the position where they can most benefit the team, regardless of what they played in h.s. :p

JasperDog94
07-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
College coaches will put a player in the position where they can most benefit the team, regardless of what they played in h.s. :p exactly

KTA
07-05-2007, 05:55 PM
The thing people have got to remember is VY is not there anymore. Colt McCoy is not a running threat in the zone read. When Vince was there, you just couldnt spy one or the other because if you did the other was going to make you pay. Now DC's are spying JC because they know Colt cant beat them with his feet. Sure Colt can throw the ball, but as far as DC's setting up there run defenses go Colt is not a threat. Until we get another dual threat QB, the zone read will not allow our running game to be successful.

Emerson1
07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by KTA
The thing people have got to remember is VY is not there anymore. Colt McCoy is not a running threat in the zone read. When Vince was there, you just couldnt spy one or the other because if you did the other was going to make you pay. Now DC's are spying JC because they know Colt cant beat them with his feet. Sure Colt can throw the ball, but as far as DC's setting up there run defenses go Colt is not a threat. Until we get another dual threat QB, the zone read will not allow our running game to be successful.
What did they run before VY got there?

and I think Sherrod Harris could help with that.

KTA
07-05-2007, 09:40 PM
It was more of a pro style offense, using a full back most of the time. Mack changed things up to make the offense best suite Vince. Now that Colt is under center I dont think its whats best for the team, unless you have a dual threat qb.