PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville

charlesrixey
07-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I know everyone has them up there this year (including me) but who has the inside scoop?

Can they really beat WOS?

JHS_c/o_06'
07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
but who has the inside scoop?

they cheat....lol.

setxsports
07-04-2007, 01:59 PM
They'll be good. There're whole team is back. They did lose their DC to Coldspring.

c-town_balla
07-04-2007, 04:11 PM
if they still run the same defence they did in '05 then idk about them being to good

charlesrixey
07-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
if they still run the same defence they did in '05 then idk about them being to good

what was wrong with it?

JasperDog94
07-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
they cheat....lol. Yep.

carter08
07-04-2007, 05:12 PM
WOS beats Kirbyville

I don't pick against WOS in the regular season. When I do, I lose.

JHS_c/o_06'
07-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
what was wrong with it?

we put 30 on them....and our 2nd and 3rd string added another 20+. I myself had a personal best game of 5/5 extra points...haha. :D

c-town_balla
07-04-2007, 05:59 PM
its a 3-4 attacking front seven with straight man behind it

that isnt all that bad but they show there blitzes well before the play and you can run away from them

88bobcats
07-04-2007, 06:27 PM
As a third party observer in the same district, I think West Orange-Stark will win over Kirbyville. Every year Kirbyville has loads of speed and talent; but so does WO-S. The biggest difference to me is the coaching.

Dan Hooks at WO-S coached in 5-A and his 1985 Mustang team was the only one to give the State Championship Jack Yates Lions a close game. He then turned around when WO-S dropped down to 4-A ('86-'88) and had his teams play in three consecutive state championship games, winning the first two of them.

Now, it also must be considered that one of Hooks' most trusted defensive coaches, Mark Foreman, is rumored to have retired.

Ultimately, I think WO-S attracts a different style of coach, and they have more continuity over the years 'cause Hooks has been there for quite a while.

All prop's. to Kirbyville. They are a tough team with speed, and they don't mind puttin' the headgear on you. I just think that WO-S is a little more seasoned with their staff.

WOS87
07-04-2007, 07:04 PM
One should never say never, but in the 30 seasons since the school opened WO-S has only lost a total of 1 district game against a school with a smaller enrollment and that was 21 years ago in the classic '86 game against Jasper. No matter what the state pollsters are saying it will be considered an upset in SE Texas if Kirbyville were to pull of a win against them this season.

burnet44
07-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I won my first game coaching @ Kirbyville
26-6
Won my first playoff game at WOS
vs newton 33-7

its not good to bet against Dan and the Mustangs
ill pick WOS

Kirbyville has been good
but you have to go back to the Bubba Bean days
to make them a state power
lost to Tomball in the second round
that was the best team Kirbyville ever had
I dont care how far they went in the playoffs

setxsports
07-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
As a third party observer in the same district, I think West Orange-Stark will win over Kirbyville. Every year Kirbyville has loads of speed and talent; but so does WO-S. The biggest difference to me is the coaching.

Dan Hooks at WO-S coached in 5-A and his 1985 Mustang team was the only one to give the State Championship Jack Yates Lions a close game. He then turned around when WO-S dropped down to 4-A ('86-'88) and had his teams play in three consecutive state championship games, winning the first two of them.

Now, it also must be considered that one of Hooks' most trusted defensive coaches, Mark Foreman, is rumored to have retired.

Ultimately, I think WO-S attracts a different style of coach, and they have more continuity over the years 'cause Hooks has been there for quite a while.

All prop's. to Kirbyville. They are a tough team with speed, and they don't mind puttin' the headgear on you. I just think that WO-S is a little more seasoned with their staff. Kirbyville, Silsbee and Jasper will battle for 2nd and 3rd.

AggiesAreWe
07-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Kirbyville, Silsbee and WOS will end district tied at 6-1.

charlesrixey
07-05-2007, 08:59 AM
you think kirbyville will beat silsbee but lose to WOS

WOS will beat Kirbyville but lose to WOS?

that sounds probable

all of these thoughts have been very helpful, thanks!

I don't really have a long-term knowledge of 3A like i do in 2A, so its good to know some of the background information!

JasperDog94
07-05-2007, 09:00 AM
With Brooks back at Jasper, they could be in the running to take district. We'll just have to wait and see.

charlesrixey
07-05-2007, 09:04 AM
given that the coach is back and a lot of starters return, they seem poised for a breakthrough

WOS87
07-05-2007, 11:19 AM
http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/213aheadtohead.gif