:D

We have not bantered about TO lately so I just wanted to throw that out there

g$$
07-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
TO is going to have a huge year this year

:D

We have not bantered about TO lately so I just wanted to throw that out there

Not taking that bait man! Fine player (but not what he once was) & still Team Cancer. I am in a tough situation here because I really like the Phillips family (Bum, Wade, etc.) from their days with Luv Ya Blue & Earl Campbell in Houston during my youth. Bum is a classic - his old ranch house here in Missouri City is now a State Farm office in what used to be the country in SW Houston.

Guess we'll see how it plays out, but anything with Jerry Jones attached to it is hard for me to applaud. He should stick to the business end of things & stay out of football decisions IMO. Is Wade just a stop-gap for Pete Carroll or Bill Cowher to take the reigns?

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Not taking that bait man! Fine player (but not what he once was) & still Team Cancer. I am in a tough situation here because I really like the Phillips family (Bum, Wade, etc.) from their days with Luv Ya Blue & Earl Campbell in Houston during my youth. Bum is a classic - his old ranch house here in Missouri City is now a State Farm office in what used to be the country in SW Houston.

Guess we'll see how it plays out, but anything with Jerry Jones attached to it is hard for me to applaud. He should stick to the business end of things & stay out of football decisions IMO. Is Wade just a stop-gap for Pete Carroll or Bill Cowher to take the reigns?

Oh I did not post this to bait you, I just enjoy the banter we have over TO

I think Wade Phillips decides if he is a stop gap..if he does not give Jones a reason to fire him then he wont

IMO Jones perfect plan would be Phillips is the man a few years then hand it over to Garrett

g$$
07-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh I did not post this to bait you, I just enjoy the banter we have over TO

I think Wade Phillips decides if he is a stop gap..if he does not give Jones a reason to fire him then he wont

IMO Jones perfect plan would be Phillips is the man a few years then hand it over to Garrett

Good stuff man. I think o-line & secondary issues will tell the tale for Wade. Dallas has some playmakers, but they better fix that line & decide where to hide Roy Williams in coverage...

Enjoy it too. All in good fun.

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Good stuff man. I think o-line & secondary issues will tell the tale for Wade. Dallas has some playmakers, but they better fix that line & decide where to hide Roy Williams in coverage...

Enjoy it too. All in good fun.

Hiding Roy Williams is the key..OU did it well, and Dallas did it well first few years

Everyone says play him in box..only problem with that is he then might have to cover TE and great ones will eat his lunch

His biggest problem IMO is recogniton of routes, he just seems to react a step slow

But if the allow him to roam the line make plays in running game and keep the middle from being a crossing route heavan then I dont mind him giving up some plays in Man coverage

People seem to forget that Darren Woodson was not the best coverage guy..HE WILL SAY THAT MANY TIMES...in fact he was the LB in nickel package to hide his coverage weakness, and that is what they need to do with Roy

OL if Flozell is healthy, this team will score points..For all the talk of Romo and bad OL and JJ not being a great RB, this team scored alot of points and was top 10 in most offensive stats..now it is bout being consistent.

g$$
07-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Hiding Roy Williams is the key..OU did it well, and Dallas did it well first few years

Everyone says play him in box..only problem with that is he then might have to cover TE and great ones will eat his lunch

His biggest problem IMO is recogniton of routes, he just seems to react a step slow

But if the allow him to roam the line make plays in running game and keep the middle from being a crossing route heavan then I dont mind him giving up some plays in Man coverage

People seem to forget that Darren Woodson was not the best coverage guy..HE WILL SAY THAT MANY TIMES...in fact he was the LB in nickel package to hide his coverage weakness, and that is what they need to do with Roy

OL if Flozell is healthy, this team will score points..For all the talk of Romo and bad OL and JJ not being a great RB, this team scored alot of points and was top 10 in most offensive stats..now it is bout being consistent.

Good points, & agreed on Woodson. The scheme fit him well & he flourished with other players around him. Roy may not recognize routes, but IMO he is a little heavy & needs to shed some pounds. TEs run better in the NFL than most college teams too. Great in run support, poor in coverage.

OL is a huge problem, & Adams will not solve it all. Dallas has problems here. Leonard Davis is a guard, period. It will be a work in progress. RB will be by committee too.