PDA

View Full Version : Sportsgram

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Anyone ever have experience with http://www.sportsgram.net/ ?

Forney is going to have their games on it this year.

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Who is going to be doing the broadcasting for Forney?

Good sound quality...I dont like how u cant skip forward on the archives.

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure, I think Coach Rush was just inquiring about doing it, or maybe they called him.

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'm not sure, I think Coach Rush was just inquiring about doing it, or maybe they called him.

Prob the Radio station out of RC did..I had some battles with them during Forney Baseball

dogdad
07-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Sportsgram is Terry Gregory
he is out of Mesquite
he did Royse City games last season and will be doing them again this year
he does a great job
I ran some ads with him last year and will do so again this year

everything was very professionally done
doesn't cost the dist. any $
all he gets is the adv. money he can raise himself
why would you not use him?

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
Sportsgram is Terry Gregory
he is out of Mesquite
he did Royse City games last season and will be doing them again this year
he does a great job
I ran some ads with him last year and will do so again this year

everything was very professionally done
doesn't cost the dist. any $
all he gets is the adv. money he can raise himself
why would you not use him?

Now did he also do the games on the radio for them? Cause I swore they had radio for RC as well?

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Also, as I said the quality of the broadcast is well done and the Play by play has the one thing I love and that is ENTHUSIASM

To many Pbp today try to sound all know it all and act like they dont care

anyone who listens to me will tell you I get excited, and the RC guy does as well, IN THE RIGHT places.

I hope Forney does, they have needed their games on air since my old company stopped doing them

dogdad
07-03-2007, 04:10 PM
sportsgram does a low-powered radio signal designed for fans at the stadium to listen to their broadcast, but that's it

KXEZ out of Rockwall did the playoffs on radio, but no regular season games were on radio except the webcast signal in stadium

One conflict arose when KXEZ decided to do radio during play-offs: Sportsgram requires exclusive rights to internet, so no radio station can air their broadcast over the internet. Radio: no prob. Internet: problem

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
sportsgram does a low-powered radio signal designed for fans at the stadium to listen to their broadcast, but that's it

KXEZ out of Rockwall did the playoffs on radio, but no regular season games were on radio except the webcast signal in stadium

One conflict arose when KXEZ decided to do radio during play-offs: Sportsgram requires exclusive rights to internet, so no radio station can air their broadcast over the internet. Radio: no prob. Internet: problem

I am sorry I said Royse City Radio about Forney baseball and I meant Rockwall Radio..and we had same run in with them at State Tourney for a great spot in booth

They said they had been doing games all year for Forney(HAd not) and claimed we were only there during finals..So the UIL guy said ok..name the starting line up without looking..needless to say I got the great booth they got a crappier one

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Also, as I said the quality of the broadcast is well done and the Play by play has the one thing I love and that is ENTHUSIASM

To many Pbp today try to sound all know it all and act like they dont care

anyone who listens to me will tell you I get excited, and the RC guy does as well, IN THE RIGHT places.

I hope Forney does, they have needed their games on air since my old company stopped doing them
I wish they didn't waste money on the crappy scoreboard and gotten one that actually showed video. Then there could of been a possibility of showing the games on the internet or TV later in the week.

sportsgram
07-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Dogdad thanks for the kind comments. We are looking to add a sideline guy to our broadcast this year. We are also making some big enhancements to our audio player. It will provide a "game tracker" like function to our player. The addition of title sponsor in Texas Leadership Bank is certainly a big feather in our cap along with the RCISD agreeing to renew with us.

As for Forney, we had approached them last year, but did not get very far. We concentrated our efforts on Texas Collegiate League Baseball and the RCISD. We went back to Forney this year at the request of someone in the community. I was not quite ready to let the "potential" cat out of the bag, but since it is out there, yes we are trying to add them this year. They have our agreement, we are just awaiting signature.

Emerson1, we have been around since late 2005. Got into this as an outgrowth of some of my work as a fill in broadcaster on KEOM 88.5FM. (I got to call Poteet's state semi-final and final game in baseball this year! Big Thrill to broadcast from Dell Diamond and do a state game! You can hear the Texas Collegiate League Report at 11:15 and 4:15 this Saturday. I do that report with Steve Glenn, about a 10 minute update. )

Txbroadcaster, the guy you are referring to is probably from KXEZ 92.1 FM. That would be my guess since they broadcast a lot of Rockwall sports.

As for who is broadcasting, once we have a signed agreement we'll share that information. We team a veteran broadcaster with someone from the community and we will follow that model with Forney. They are lined up, just waiting for an agreement to be completed.

sportsgram
07-06-2007, 09:02 AM
TXbroadcaster, I checked out the archive issue. You can skip forward. The player starts once you have connected to the file. It takes a few minutes to completely download. Once that is done, you can move to anywhere you want in the broadcast.

Txbroadcaster
07-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by sportsgram
TXbroadcaster, I checked out the archive issue. You can skip forward. The player starts once you have connected to the file. It takes a few minutes to completely download. Once that is done, you can move to anywhere you want in the broadcast.

ahh ok coolness

sportsgram
07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
We were not able to get the agreement with Forney completed. Forney will not be on Sportsgram this year. Sorry, Emerson1.

We are meeting with another district in the 3A ranks today. If we can get something done by the end of the month, we will have them on as our second HS team. More info on that one as things develop.

sportsgram
07-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Announcement coming later in the week on a new team coming to Sportsgram. I can confirm that Forney will not be joing Sportsgram this year. The team will will annouce this week is coming from the 3A ranks. Once the agreement is signed, which we expect no later than Wednesday, we'll let you know.

Emerson1
07-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I bet I know who it is

sportsgram
07-23-2007, 04:32 PM
That is a bet I would not take....easy money for you. Not "official" unitl I get a signed documnet. But the agreement has been reviewed. They asked for a slight change which we agreed to.

3afan
07-23-2007, 05:07 PM
.....I can confirm that Forney will not be joing Sportsgram this year. .....

what happened?

Gobbla2001
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
what happened?

Forney signed a contract with me to broadcast their games... on XM radio :cool:

3afan
07-23-2007, 06:11 PM
what REALLY happened ??? :p

sportsgram
07-23-2007, 09:53 PM
We were not able to get the agreement signed in time to get everything in place. We had a mid-July deadline and just could not make it happen.

g$$
07-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Dogdad thanks for the kind comments. We are looking to add a sideline guy to our broadcast this year. We are also making some big enhancements to our audio player. It will provide a "game tracker" like function to our player. The addition of title sponsor in Texas Leadership Bank is certainly a big feather in our cap along with the RCISD agreeing to renew with us.

As for Forney, we had approached them last year, but did not get very far. We concentrated our efforts on Texas Collegiate League Baseball and the RCISD. We went back to Forney this year at the request of someone in the community. I was not quite ready to let the "potential" cat out of the bag, but since it is out there, yes we are trying to add them this year. They have our agreement, we are just awaiting signature.

Emerson1, we have been around since late 2005. Got into this as an outgrowth of some of my work as a fill in broadcaster on KEOM 88.5FM. (I got to call Poteet's state semi-final and final game in baseball this year! Big Thrill to broadcast from Dell Diamond and do a state game! You can hear the Texas Collegiate League Report at 11:15 and 4:15 this Saturday. I do that report with Steve Glenn, about a 10 minute update. )

Txbroadcaster, the guy you are referring to is probably from KXEZ 92.1 FM. That would be my guess since they broadcast a lot of Rockwall sports.

As for who is broadcasting, once we have a signed agreement we'll share that information. We team a veteran broadcaster with someone from the community and we will follow that model with Forney. They are lined up, just waiting for an agreement to be completed.

I have listened to some TCL games this summer on Sportsgram... Duncanville website I believe & I caught some of my nephew's Colleyville games. I recommend it to anyone - & the Weatherford guys who do baseball games are really good. Keep it up please!

sportsgram
07-24-2007, 07:28 AM
What is your nephew's name? We'll be back in Colleyville on Saturday this week! Thanks for listening, and I appreciate the kind words. We are trying to be the best we can be.

g$$
07-24-2007, 08:18 AM
What is your nephew's name? We'll be back in Colleyville on Saturday this week! Thanks for listening, and I appreciate the kind words. We are trying to be the best we can be.

You bet, & thank you for the outstanding service. Check your PMs. I will be there Friday but at a wedding Saturday. Take care.

jason
07-24-2007, 08:20 AM
That is a bet I would not take....easy money for you. Not "official" unitl I get a signed documnet. But the agreement has been reviewed. They asked for a slight change which we agreed to. so who is it that you signed? my brother keeps me out of the loop...

sportsgram
07-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Until the agreement is signed, I do not want to let the cat out of the bag. I will let everyone know as soon as that has been completed.

Emerson1
07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by jason
so who is it that you signed? my brother keeps me out of the loop...
Everytime I tell you something you blab about it everywhere.

sportsgram
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
It is official. The Crandall Pirates will be the newest team on the Sportsgram Network. We are looking forward to bringing you Pirate sports starting in the fall!!

Txbroadcaster
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
It is official. The Crandall Pirates will be the newest team on the Sportsgram Network. We are looking forward to bringing you Pirate sports starting in the fall!!

Your Welcome :D

sportsgram
07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks TXB for pointing us this direction. The meeting went great with Coach Barnett. Turns out we had some common ties. I really like his enthusiasm and passion for the game.

sportsgram
08-01-2007, 04:50 PM
We were able to get Forney signed and a broadcast team in place! So I will eat my words, Forney will be joining the Sportsgram Network this fall along with Crandall.

Terry Gregory

Emerson1
08-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Sweet!